Sunday 9 July 2023

Our Christmas Challenge cards

 






Good Sunday Morning Ladies, 

We had a very muggy, cloudy day yesterday,  I was desperate for a storm to break the humidity all day!  We were on the go all day,  Paul packed the car for the tip run, when we got back Matt was packing his pizza oven into his car, he needed Paul to help him lift the oven part rhough as it was really heavy, we had a quiet bite to eat and we were then in the car on route to Matt's house so that Paul could help him carry the oven into his house and onto its stand.  That felt like most of the day gone! 

Let's see what you have all been making for Maria's Christmas Challenge.......

Your Challenge Cards 

Maria




Maria's Description:

Me again with the cards for Sunday.
Can't turn two of them around for some reason 😕
1/. Glitter card Christmas and poinsettia. Can't remember name for the background die.
2-3/. Played with my new Card-io Leaf stencil in green and purple colours and Stamps . 
She told me not to think too much doing the stamping but it didn't really work 😊

Wow Maria you really have put your new stamps to good use!  I love the stencilled leaf cards, they turned out so well!  You got the perspective just right which can be hard with those scene builder stamps.
Your traditional Christmas card is beautiful,  I love that sparkly background and your pretty poinsettia is the perfect embellishment too.
Thank you so much for suggesting the challenge and for Inspiring us all too XXX

Janet



Janet's Description:

Here are my cards for this week:

Both my cards thisweek were made using STAMPERIA papers.
I used 'CLASSIC CHRISTMAS' AND 'PINK CHRISTMAS' ideal for children and young adults.

Oh Janet, 2 perfect Christmas cards, that beautiful girlie card with Deer on is just so exquisitely beautiful,  a real' 'wow' card 😍 
Your second card has a really pretty scene with lots of sparkles too.  
Thank you so much for taking part XXX

Karen 



Karen's Description:

Here are 2 cards for the challenge I am pleased how the gold one has turned out 
SW stained glass die cut in gold mirri (only ever seem to use this at Christmas) mounted onto black gloss card (really wanted a black black) and paper pieced with white card

Card 2)  This one is same die in black gloss card Rather than paper piece it I mounted it onto white card so that “paint” would not seep through 

It’s OK But those paint pens feel like they’re running out already and I prefer paper piecing for a smoother look

I really like this Stained Glass style cards, they look like little works of art, I see what you mean about them looking better paper pieced, did you use some glossy paints when you first used them?  That Black & Gold one is stunning 😍 
Thank you so much for part my lovely XXX 

Lilian 




Such a beautiful Christmas card Lilian, I have that HoneyDoo stamp and I would never have thought of using it for Christmas cards but it works beautifully.   I love that sentiment but I can see that just using that inner piece would be fiddly as all the letters are individual 😬 You have lined them up perfectly though. 
Thank you so very much for taking part my lovely XXX 

Sonia 










Sonia's Description:

Card 1:   I used the Sweet Poppy holly frame stencil, inked with distress oxides, Iced Spruce and Tattered Rose. Stamped the Stampscapes Lakeside Cabin, and the stars from  Lavinia. The sentiment is LOTV

Card 2:  Using the same stamps, mounted in a Gummiapan rectangle die frame.
I inked and heat embossed the  Lavinia Fairy Tree. 

Card 3:  I inked and heat embossed the Lavinia Fairy Tree. The backgrounds are made using Lavinia Mica Sprays. The sentiment from Chloe’s, which I heat embossed.

Card 4:  Another one using Lavinia Fairy Tree and sentiment from Chloe’s.

Oh my goodness your cards are beautiful Sonia, you must be so pleased with them, those Stampscapes cards are stunning,  I have to say I love those Lavinia tree cards too, I bet the sparkle from those sprays is incredible 😍 
Thank you so much for 4 amazing cards XXX 

Sue




Sue's Description:

As usual I saw a similar card on Pinterest. Everything except the hat are magazine freebies from the last few years xx

Such a fun card Sue, I love the addition of the fluffy/puffy stuff on the tops of the stockings and on the hat it is a great finishing touch!  

Love the bauble card, those branches must have taken ages to cut, so worth the effort though! I do love your red & white theme too 
Thank you so much my lovely for taking part XXX 

Thank you so much for taking part XXX 



****************

Maria, thank you for choosing a lovely Challenge topic, there have been some lovely cards over the last two weeks, the extra bonus is that we have all made a start on our Christmas cards! 
Today's display is incredible as always, thank you so much ladies ❤

I hope that you all have a lovely Sunday,

Love and hugs to all of you,

Sandra
xxxxxx








7 comments:

  1. morning everyone
    What a beautiful selection of cards this week. So many different themes old and new.

    We had the 'mother of thunderstorms' last evening thankfully ending just before bedtime.
    Today has started muggy so hoping for it to lift through the morning.

    Nothing planned for today.
    A busy week ahead.

    HUGS on their way to you all. Take care and stay safe.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Wow Wow! Stunning cards ladies!
    Maria - stop criticising yourself (I know we’re our own worst enemy) the card with the leaf stencil are stunning I think you’ve crack the randomness
    The bowls match went well It started out being quite wet with a few claps of thunder before we arrived but ended in glorious (hot) sunshine
    Today we are at a charity picnic So I hope we manage to dodge the rain
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Afternoon everyone
    So many wonderful Christmas cards ladies, I love every single one of them ! ❤ Thank you all for joining in in the challenge.
    I hope you all taking it easy in these very muggy few days. We had a lot of rain and thunder all afternoon yesterday.
    I've suffered of an terrible ibs all morning and have just got up to try to drink a bit. Doesn't take long to feel weak in the knees 😩
    Sending you all many hugs. Have a nice evening 👏 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi everyone. Loving everyone's beautiful Christmas cards today 😍
    Another busy day at work so I'm glad of a day off tomorrow.
    Currently on our way to Dorset to pick up James and of course have s cuddle or two with Teddy 😍
    Hope you're all having a good day
    Sending hugs to you all
    Sonia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello all, very hot and humid here today.

    All of the cards are really great, all so different.
    This weather really saps my energy, so haven’t done much again, apart from doing the bedding today, instead of tomorrow, we have half price electricity on Sundays 11am to 4pm.
    Hope you all had a lovely weekend, Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Sandra and everyone,
    LOVE all of your cards ladies each one is absolutely gorgeous you are all so gifted and talented.
    Not been very active today, have spent the day reading, nodding off and busy doing nothing!!
    Tomorrow I have an appointment with the physio therapist and another one at the INR clinic. Would like to get an appointment with the GP but that might just be pushing my luck, but will try.
    Hope you have all had a good weekend. Take care.
    Big hugs, Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sandra and all looking in. A wonderful sight. Some gorgeous challenge cards. I seem to be stuck on red and white cards so I really must get working with some different colour combos!
    Sandra you were very busy Saturday. I hope you aren’t paying too high a price today my lovely. At least Matt has his pizza oven at his now xx
    Maria thank you for a great challenge. Your cards are beautiful xx
    I hope you all had a good day. Sending hugs to you all. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete