Sunday 2 July 2023

Our Christmas Challenge cards Week one

 




Good Sunday Morning Ladies,  

As you are reading this we will be up preparing to set off for Newbury, for the Crafterama show, I have my list, it actually only has about 3 things on it, however I'm sure I will be tempted by other things!  

What are you all up to today?  

Lets have a look at your lovely Christmas cards made for Our Maria's challenge....

Your Challenge Cards 

Maria




Maria has used some cute cardboard die cuts to embellish her first cards, that background paper is really pretty too.  
The heart card would be perfect for a Loved one's Christmas card, the offset stacked sentiment looks great too.

Thanks so much Maria for your lovely Christmas cards XXX

Janet


Janet's Description:

My first card this week is made using STAMPERIA papers. These are from their WINTER  series.

My second is made using my favourite LABLANCE. These papers are from their Christmas two years ago and are some I had left over.

Janet your  Stamperia card is exquisitely beautiful,  the detail is so beautiful,  it looks so dimensional too, the Colour is pretty too.
Those cute vintage children are super cute too, you can see by looking in the background that these are LaBlanche papers, so much incredible detail, you need very little embellishments on these papers, I love that you have left the paper to do most of the work.
Thank you so much for two lovely cards XXX 


Lilian 


Lilian's Description:

Hello, here is my card for this week, stamping up tree stamps.

Lovely Christmas card Lilian,  I love the background, stamping the large tree in green and adding the the gems for baubles was a great idea,  also using the 'Lovely as a Tree' stamp to create a forest around the large tree looks so effective.  I love the addition of the stars and the sentiment, adding the gold really adds brightness.                       Thank you so much for taking part XXX

Karen 


Karen's Description:

Here’s a card for this week
It’s a Sue W die I cut from black gloss card which I have mounted on some pale blue card and started to paper piece It started to get a bit wasteful cutting it so many times (plus I was losing pieces) So part of it is coloured in with paint pens It works!

The paint pens certainly do work !! I have done a paper pieced card before but it was way too much work to do again,  I kept losing bits and having to re cut more out!! 
I have to say the paint pens are very bright and vibrant, perfect for your Christmas card,  can I ask what make your Paint pens are??  
Thank you so much Karen for making time to take part in the Challenge XXX 

Sonia



Sonia's Description:

Card 1:  I used Sue Wilson embossing folder, snowflake die, poinsettia and tag dies. The sentiment is from a Woodware stamp set.

Card 2:  I used a LOTV image behind a circle aperture. The Merry Christmas circle is from My Favourite Things and the snowflakes from Memory Box.

Two beautiful cards Sonia, I love both of them, your Sue Wilson card is very traditional, I realky love that sentiment too.
Your LOTV card is just so cute, the background is so pretty,  the image is so adorable, the snowflakes are the perfect embellishment.  
Thank you so much for sharing your cards with us XXX

**************************

Ladies what a fantastic Festive display of cards, we have all made a great start to our Christmas cards, thank you Maria for suggesting the challenge and thank you all for the incredible cards ❤

Have a lovely Sunday Ladies, 

Love & hugs to all of you,

Sandra
xxxxxx

4 comments:

  1. morning everyone
    Lovely cards to start the day.
    All so very different but so beautiful in their own right.

    Well it's much cooler and we have decided to go out for lunch. This is the first time this year so I'm not sure how it will pan out.

    HUGS on their way to you all. Take care and stay safe.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi everyone
    Gorgeous cards on display today 😍
    Janet, enjoy your lunch 😊
    I best go and get ready, off to Newbury and I’m so excited 😆
    Have a lovely day everyone
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some beautiful examples of Christmas cards and all so very different from each other
    I paper pieced the green and red BUT was beginning to lose the plot so the brown and gold are the paint pens My daughter bought me them so I have no idea of cost (would’ve been cheap) They’re made by Artistro and are similar to Posca It looks like they come in a variety of sizes
    We’re out this afternoon to a bowls match Enjoy your lunch Janet
    Enjoy Newbury ladies Hope you all manage to get your shopping list and bargains
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi everyone
    Thank you all who joined in in starting the Christmas cards.
    I Love them all ! My easel card was coloured in and cut out with the dies that came with it, just on normal card, I find it too much white so in the future I might cut some more off.
    Ladies who are going to Newbury today , have a great day 😊
    Janet enjoy going out for your lunch today .
    Washing done so going to hang it outside. It's no sun but pretty windy so should dry nicely.
    Have a nice day everyone whatever you are up to. Many hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete