Monday 10 July 2023

 


Good Monday Morning Ladies, 

Well that weekend just disappeared so fast, we seemed to have been on the go all weekend,  Saturday for sure whizzed by in a flash, yesterday we were up early, Paul packed the car for the second tip trip of the weekend while I was pottering,  we got back and Paul cleaned the car out and then we got a lot of the packing in the kitchen done, I was 'done in' by about 3pm, I had also used all of the packing paper that I bought, (It was one of those "i expecting it to be a lot bigger " moments)!  I had used it up just on the Denby pottery plates,  bowls and serving dishes, better to over wrap than have breakages.  We have some really old plates that we have had for 25+ years, they have a few cracks etc, so I am intending to pack a of the Denby plates that we hardly use and leave the 'everyday plates' then when we move just bin the old ones and start using the Denby that we keep for special occasions,  it isn't anything fancy, its a set we have built up over the years and kept it for best as we have atleast 12 place settings so was nice for if we had family or friends over, that happens so rarely these days we need to just use them!  I will do the same for any mugs that have a chip etc.  

So all in all a very productive weekend, next weekend we will be stuck at home as its the Royal International Air Tattoo at Fairford, the traffic has been chaotic enough with all the road/bridge closures, the thousands of extra cars etc will make it impossible to get anywhere. 

Today's card is definitely 'Bright & Cheerful'!! It's actually quite a quick and easy card, made possible by the great quality Stamps of course, they are Tim Holtz latest release with Stampers Anonymous,  I stamped the main image using Picked Raspberry Distress Oxide ink, I then stamped the pretty tiny print background stamp in the same ink and then just matted and layered them together, the sentiment is one of my new ones, so handy stamping and Diecutting multiple sentiments in one go!  I hope you like the card and it brightens your Monday x

Lots of love and hugs to all of you,

Sandra                                                                    xxxxxx 


7 comments:

  1. Morning everyone
    Beautiful card SANDRA. Definitely 'bright and beautiful'.

    Another injection day for me which leaves just one more after today.

    We had thunder storms and torrential rain teatime and just after. I have fingers crossed both will stay away today.

    HUGS on their way to you all. Take care and stay safe xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful card I especially like that focal element stamp
    The picnic went well considering how unpredictable the weather seemed to be Lots of familiar faces and lots of new faces
    Today, after work will definitely be a “relax and chill” day
    I hope you got plenty of cuddles with Teddy Sonia
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone
    I love your card today 😍 The stamps and your colour choice are beautiful.
    Glad you managed to get a lot done over the weekend, hope you can have a relaxing day today.
    Janet, hope your injection goes ok, the end is in sight! 🥰
    Brenda, hope your appointments go well 🥰
    Lots of cuddles with Teddy yesterday, I fed him too ☺️ Then James and Mollie gave him his bath 🥰 He’s getting so big now, and already grown out of his Moses basket and some of his vests! We didn’t want to leave but James is hopefully going again next weekend.
    Hayley (Luke’s girlfriend) has her Graduation ceremony today. Although she won’t get her certificate due to the strikes! She has passed with a 2.1 Bachelors in English and Film 🤩
    Have a good day everyone
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello All, well still not much rain so will have to keep watering my pots, such a chore with no hose pipe.

    Sandra love your card , I’ve made a card today, with greens, it’s quite bright, I tried the resist technique. It’s quite good but found my embossing ink dried before I got my powder on.

    Sonia love the photos on fave book, little teddy is growing really well.
    Janet hope the injections will make you feel better, will they have to repeat them after a time.?
    Sandra be careful and don’t over do things, while you still have your infection, hope you are feeling better.
    Going to have a browse on Pinterest now to look for inspiration for tomorrow . Hugs to all, Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi everyone
    A gorgeous card. Love the colour and I was very lucky to try the stamps out in Watford, they are beautiful 😊
    I hope you all have had a nice day.
    Sonia, wonderful photos of you all on Facebook. Teddy is getting big.
    Many hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sandra and all looking in. A beautiful cheerful card for us to enjoy today. I love the stamp set, that delicate patterned background stamp is gorgeous and will be useful for all types of cards won’t it. And how easy is the sentiment stamp. No more guessing where to cut. I hope you’re not too tired today after a very busy Friday and weekend. It’s a good idea to have a clear out when you move. And like you we have got to the point of using our ”best” cutlery and crockery etc. otherwise you don’t get to enjoy them enough. My Grandma always used whatever she wanted out of her things as she said they are just an item that could be repaired or replaced unlike people who were the important things!
    Thinking of you my lovely xx
    Sonia, how lovely that you got to feed your gorgeous Teddy and that James is able to enjoy special time with him too xx
    Rain, sun, clouds, clear blue sky…..we have had them all today. Seems like more of the same to come too, A quiet day for me after a busy weekend. Sending hugs to all of you. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Sandra and Ladies,
    Beautiful card today, l just love these stamps, I had never seen them before, that is until you took them out of your bag at Watford. I gave in today and have ordered them for myself, I can see so many possibilities to use them.
    Sonia just love the photos on Facebook of Teddy. Hasn’t he grown.
    Janet let’s hope the injection will improve your quality of life.
    Today went well, saw the doctor first then the physio, who has given me an exercise program to follow, I have to keep a record and see her again in about four weeks time. Later on we went to the Warfarin clinic, after that I was exhausted so ended up sleeping most of the time.
    Hope your day has been good, Sleep well, love Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete