Wednesday 12 July 2023

Merry & Bright Christmas card

 



Good Morning Ladies,  

Well after a day of prodding and poking (literally)🤣 yesterday I am having a quiet and more relaxing day today.  There is nothing more relaxing than crafting so that is my plan. 

Todays card I really enjoyed making,  it was quite a process, it started out with the 'Tissue Tape' background, which I embossed and then added gilding wax to highlight then embossing........

Hopefully you can see the gilded embossing in the background, I did add some vintage photo Distress ink too, mainly to slightly darken the background as it was very bright & white and the leaves on the Tissue tape were an odd shade that didn't match any card I had,  so adding a little ink darkens the tissue paper detail.  So that was my background complete. I die cut the poinsettia a couple of times and built them using Real Red and Cherry Cobbler card, finished at the edges with a little gilding wax so that they tied into the background, I then die cut the sentiment twice, one in red and one in gold and then mounted the gold into the red outline. 

I arranged the poinsettia and foliage at the top of the card and placed the sentiment in the bottom corner, I mounted onto cherry cobbler card, then a narrow gold mat and onto a Kraft card base 

I hope that you all have a lovely Wednesday, 

Love & Hugs to all of you, 

Sandra                                                                    xxxxxx 

7 comments:

  1. morning everyone

    It was K&N yesterday and I managed toget a bday card made. I had everything cut out with all the add ons prepared so it wasn't too difficult to assemble.

    It's my last injecton of the five this afternoon so I can have a rest from needles for a while.
    Need to get MrTesco ordered for del Friday this morning.

    HUGS are winging their way to you all. Take care and stay safe.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful traditional card You’ve reminded me I have some gilding wax I wonder if it’s still useable I’ll have a look later
    I tried that embossing powder and baking paper technique yesterday and failed miserably I think it was because I was using the wrong type of embossing powder
    Going for a bit of a practice at bowls this afternoon Got to make use of this beautiful weather while we can
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, it’s blowing a gale again today, with the odd heavy shower this morning, but the wind dries it up quickly.

    What a fabulous card today , I take my hat off to you Sandra.
    I love the traditional look Christmas cards.

    I have finished three cards for this weeks, first time ever I think.
    Really enjoyed my new Tim Holtz stamps, they are really bright, I expect you will think they are awful but I love bright colours. Dug out my real water colours for the first time for years.

    Hope you are all ok, hugs to all Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi everyone
    Love everything about your card today, it’s beautiful 😍
    I hope you’ve had a relaxing day and enjoyed some crafting.
    A busy day at work again, home for a quick lunch, then food shopping! Phew, I’m ready for a sit down now ☺️
    Hope you’ve all had a good day
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi everyone
    A wonderful colourful Christmas card. I love it ❤️
    Janet, hope you are alright after all the injections and that they have helped you. Take care.
    Lilian, hope you are getting on better. I like strong colours so looking forward to see your card.
    To do yesterday's technique Sandra, you don't have to use any Versamark for it do you ? You just put some Embossing Powder onto the Baking paper and then use the Heat gun, but for how long ? 🤔
    SIL have been here all day and just left so it was no crafting for me so hopefully can do it tomorrow. Seeing the nurse in the morning for blood test , why did I choose 8.10am 🤭
    Sending many hugs to you all, Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Sandra and everyone,
    Such a beautiful bright and traditional looking Christmas card, this would definitely take pride of place in anyone’s home. It’s really gorgeous.
    I hope you managed to have a quiet and relaxing day after all that prodding yesterday. Do take things steady my lovely.
    Maria I have ordered the Tim Holtz stamps (the ones you were showing us at Watford - well the cards you made with them) can’t wait for them to arrive, looked on Pinterest for ideas - gosh there is so much inspiration out there.
    Hope everyone has had a good day. Take care and sleep well.
    Hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sandra and all looking in. What a gorgeous card. I like the embossed background, it adds depth and texture especially with that touch of gold wax. I hope you are feeling ok after yesterday my lovely xx
    Karen, my gilding wax had gone hard but heating the top 1 or 2 mm slowly and gently with a heat gun revived it. Only heat what you think you will use straight away. You can always do some more if needed. Hope it works for yours too xx
    A bad joint day again today! It is so frustrating!!! Sending hugs to you all. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete