Tuesday 25 July 2023

My first Background Challenge card

 


Good Morning Ladies, 

Fingers crossed fot better weather today, mostly because the girls have tidied their rooms and that means to overflowing baskets of laundry!!  Literally there are 10 bath sheets !!  So I need some sunshine and a breeze please! 

I am planning a more sedated day today as I popped into kitchen to start electic oven progress after applying Bicarbonate of Soda and water paste, I ended up cleaning top and bottom ovens, and cleaning Aga doors, it was after 5pm when I sat down to make todays card !! 

Todays card was inspired by Christine Stokes.

The background I used for today's card was this one ..  


This was made a couple months back by glueing tissue paper to card and added colour sprays and then smooshing with another piece of card to get ink to cover.

I took a piece of that background and placed it behind an aperture on a 5x5 square card.   I then user my Gummiapan Dragonfly and cut another piece of the same background and some brushed silver card to echo the silver gilding wax I used on the background.  I  added two dragonflies and die cut the sentiment from the came card. 

I hope you all have a great day,

Love and hugs to all of you,

Sandra                                                                    xxxxxx




7 comments:

  1. That’s a beautiful card
    I am struggling to use any of my backgrounds at the moment I keep looking at them and mind goes blank!
    I hope you can get some washing out on the line It makes all the difference doesn’t it
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lost a message
    Beautiful card
    In a rush Sorry
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone
    I love your card, and the background is beautiful 😍 I love the colours.
    Better weather here today, I hope you got the washing on the line.
    Hope you’re all having a good day.
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello everyone from Marigny.
    We had a reasonable journey to Cover and bit too bad getting through checking in. We set off an hour earlier and was in our booked 14.00he's ferry. Mixed journey from Calais rain up to lunch and then got Sun to Marigny. Settled in with. Thunderstorms and then warm Sun ink to 've repeated. Will pop in later.
    Hugs to you all. Take care and stay safexxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello everyone, it’s been a bit warmer today, managed to get all the mats from three bathrooms dry.

    Sandra love your card, I’ve done my card but didn’t have any backgrounds left. I had a good clear out the other day , so I’ll say mine is out of the box.

    Janet glad you have arrived, and you have a lovely time.
    Goodnight all, hugs Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Sandra and everyone,
    Love the background and colours you have used for this very tasteful card. The dragonfly is just perfect for the design.
    Spent most of the afternoon watching live streaming of grandsons degree ceremony from Nottingham. It was a lovely and had some good shots with him in.
    Hope your day has been good.
    Love Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi everyone
    Gorgeous card Sandra. Love the colours.
    Hopefully you got the washing done and dry, we did have heavy rain during the night but today has been dry so we got the grass cut and some pruning done.
    Good to hear Janet that you are in place. Hope it all looks fine and not too many jobs need doing.
    Had a doctor's appointment this morning and he will contact the hospital and chase them up a bit but I don't feel very lucky, .
    I hope you had a good day and will have a good night. Hugs to you all, xxx

    ReplyDelete