Wednesday 26 July 2023

Pretty Flower card, Rock & Roll technique

 


Good Wednesday Morning Ladies, 

I hope that you got to enjoy the lovely sunshine yesterday,  it was lovely here for most of the day. 

How's your weather Janet, I hope you aren't experiencing the awful high temperatures that some countries are having, hopefully your weather is perfect and you are getting to relax xxx

Today's card is one that I made last week, during one of my fun crafting afternoons. It was inspired by a lady called Terry Gaines, using a technique I haven’t tried before.

I used my Artistically Inked stamp set to ink a border down the side of a piece of card, then I ran it a paint effect embossing folder and adhered it to my base card. I used to circle dies to create the gold ring to arrange my flower around.

Rock & Roll technique.... 

 I stamped the flowers, to give a bit more interest in colour I inked all over with a lighter shade of ink and then took a darker shade and tapped around the outer edge of the flower, you then take a blending brush and blended the darker colour in a little to remove any lines, it worked really well. I die cut the flower and  give more texture I spritzed it with water and scrunched it up, I opened it up, added a centre stamped in the darker colour, I added some gold embossed dots to finish.  To complete the arrangement I stamped the leaves and die cut them and added some gold foliage too. A simple stamped sentiment finished the card.

I hope that you all have a lovely day 

Love and hugs,

Sandra xxx


4 comments:

  1. Love the card and a technique I haven’t seen before
    I hope the weather is OK Janet Ot is quite frightening watching the news Something major has got to happen and quickly I fear for our children and grandchildren
    We’re off to bowls this afternoon for a practice
    Take care everyone xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sandra and all looking in today.
    A beautiful card. I haven’t seen this technique before but I love how it looks. I’m not sure where yesterday went but I clearly didn’t look in (memory is very bad again at the moment, thought it had improved but obviously not!) but i I love that dragonfly card. It is absolutely gorgeous, the purples with silver accents are stunning together. I hope you have the same weather as us again today. It sounds like you need it to get all those towels dry 🤭 xx
    Janet, it’s good to hear you have arrived. I hope you can relax for a while before starting to catch up on some jobs xx
    Great news for Chris’s sister re her breast cancer. She needs 5 days of radium treatments then she is all done and dusted, apart from a daily med for 5 years as a preventative 🥳 I’m still working on my stamp storage but have ironing to do first today ☹️
    Have a good day everyone.
    Sending hugs. Take care. Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone
    Gorgeous card, never heard about that technique before but it's lovely.
    Hoping you all have had a good day as possible and managed to do what you wanted. I have taken it easy, got to bed around four this morning so have been a bit zombie like all day but didn't have a nap so an early night perhaps.
    Good to hear about Chris's sister, hope she be alright.
    Many hugs to you all, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, late catching up again.
    Sandra love your card so different, really artistic.
    Goodnight all, hope some of you manage some sleep. Lilian

    ReplyDelete