Saturday 29 July 2023

Mixed Up Saturday

 



Good Saturday Morning Ladies, 

Of course we have a weekend of rain forecast because Paul has hired a van to move some of our boxes and stuff from garage, I think it's rained every time we have moved. 

So a busy day here, well not for me, Lucy is on hand to help and Matt is coming over at some point too, so fingers crossed for great progress!! 

What are you all up to this weekend??

Creative Stamping Magazine 

Issue 124



Issue 124 is another 'Beach' themed magazine, there are some really fun stamps in the collection of Free stamps, a bonus sentiment die.


Vanessa has made some beautiful cards with the free stamps, there are some great tips too, like how to blend a sky with Distress Inks,  I love the round card with surf boards and the 'To the beach ' one which would be a perfect card for Paul's birthday. 




Teresa has made some amazing cards using different watercolour techniques,  its surprising how the different methods of watercolouring look so different.  

Nicky focuses on the 'Girl in the sea' stamp for het cards, using different backgrounds and even using the girl in silhouette which gives a totally different look.



Ruth has used the stripe and brush stroke stamps to create some amazing designs, really bright and fun and perfect for both male and female recipients.


This feature is a Guide to making Recess cards,  I really like these cards and I might use one of these with one of my backgrounds for this weeks challenge.




Tracy has incorporated textures and tones into her cards, clear texture paste has been used for texture without taking anything away from thecdesigns. 



Finally, some more simplified designs using the free stamps, I do love that paint brush mark stamp. 

All in all some fun designs throughout the magazine, lots of different techniques and inspiration.  

*********************

I had some fun making some more backgrounds with the shaving foam technique,  this time I used acrylic paints as the colour medium, it was a bit messy as the paint sticks to everything!  
The effects are worth the mess though...




Some fun backgrounds,  using a variety of colours, I started out with light neutral tones and then added in darker shades the paint stuck to the card better than the re-inkers I used last week.  

Maria's Temu Haul

Wow Maria you have bought some amazing things, I love those mixed media stamps, please let me know how they stamp as I haven’t tried their stamps before.  Those snowmen are really cute too, you found more Sentiment dies than I did, I love the difference styles and fonts.  I must go and finish my order, I have had things sat in my basket for weeks!  
Thank you so much for sharing your Temu Haul my lovely,  I look forward to seeing what you create with them XXX 

I hope you all have a great Saturday,  

Love and hugs to all of you, 

Sandra
xxxxxx

6 comments:

  1. I love the say It feels like I have bits everywhere at the mo I keep promising myself that I will tidy up but other things crop up!
    Good luck with moving bits and dodging the rain At least you’re able to get in earlier on do things gradually
    At Last Minute Dot Com we are playing bowls this afternoon! Other than than it’s a potter about kinda weekend
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great magazine review but beach type stuff isn’t for me plus I have Serif digikits that have seaside items if I need them
      Your buys from Temu look great Maria Have fun playing

      Delete
  2. Hi Sandra and all looking in today. I love your acrylic backgrounds. Must have a go with them but I will definitely clear an area before starting to try and limit the mess I will make 🤭 Thank you for the magazine review. I might have to buy this one as I love some of the stamps and cards created with them. I hope the rain holds off, at least while the van is being loaded and unloaded! Try not to do too much though my lovely xx
    Karen, enjoy your afternoon xx
    We have Chris jnr here for a few days and the girls for the weekend so I’m writing this before they arrive. Hope you all have a good one. Sending hugs to you all. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning everyone.
    Thank you Sandra for sharing with us your fantastic shaving foam backgrounds. I love them and looking forward to see your cards later. Thank you also for the magazine review. Will look in the store for it and I might buy this one for I like the stamps.
    Temu are a good place for cheap dies and stamps. Some dies are a bit thin but cut well and the stamps are a good quality.
    Karen , have fun playing bowls. Good luck
    Sue, have a great weekend with the grands.
    Sonia, hope you are ok. Are you seeing Teddy this weekend ?
    Lilian, hope your pains are a bit better, take care.
    Janet, how is it in Marigny ? did you and Jim manage to get to the town for some shopping and enjoying some cakes ?, do tell.
    Brenda, hope you are alright after the festivities and you all had a lovely day. hugs
    Have a nice day everyone whatever you are up too. Sending hugs to you all and also to our missing friends, thinking of you every day. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi everyone
    Love your shaving foam backgrounds. I’ve never tried this technique before so might give it a go.
    Maria, I love your crafty buys. Will look forward to seeing what you create.
    Thank you for the magazine review, some good articles in it.
    Hope the weather isn’t too bad for moving stuff! I’ve got my fingers crossed too that it’ll stay dry as I’m driving James to Dorset this afternoon. I’m looking forward to Teddy cuddles too 😍
    Have a lovely weekend everyone
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello everyone, just dull but very humid here today.
    Love the quote, just me , I’m always moving things to find something and then not being able to find the things I moved.

    Great magazine review, lots of good ideas, but wouldn’t use those stamps.
    Great backgrounds, hadn’t realised you could use other inks.

    Maria love all your shopping, must admit I’m a bit reticent from ordering from companies I don’t know.

    Hope you have all had a good day, hugs to all, Lilian.

    ReplyDelete