Saturday 22 July 2023

Mixed Up Saturday


Good Saturday Morning Ladies, 

Janet I have everything crossed that you have a straightforward journey, I hope you don't have to endure the chaos that the first weekend of the school holidays bought to dover last year, pack plenty of food & drinks just in case, last year people were waiting for 12+ hours, all down to poor preparation of course!  

Packing & tip run here today, we are popping over to Becca's new house later on as they have been moving in over tbe passed few days,  we are having lunch out and then she is coming to see our new house.  

What do you all have planned?  








Now I know you are probably all sick of me showing my flowers to you but I thought that the 'Zinnias' would be great inspiration for colouring flowers, they look almost 'distressed' to me, in that the colours aren't beautifully symmetrical or equally spread.  Also colour combinations, I would never have mixed purple with orange as I didn't think if the colours worked, but as you can see above those colours absolutely do work together!  So we can all learn from nature.                                  The roses I just wanted to share as they are a cutting from a rose my Dad planted for my mum many years ago. 😍

Now lets look at this month's Diecutting Essentials Magazine....

Diecutting Essentials Magazine 

Issue 105



This months issue is very sea themed, the free die is great with the lighthouse and waves breaking all around it.  The little stamp set is bonus too.




Nicky has made some lovely summery cards with the magazine freebies,  it's nice to have lots of inspiration from different creators, they all have different styles as you will see through the magazine. 






I love using vellum on cards and this feature shares different ideas and ways of incorporating vellum into die cut cards.  I love that last card where they have stamped the frame onto vellum giving a tunnel card look.



I love the look of these cards, the feature is all about using your flower dies to created clean & simple cards.  I absolutely love the colours that have been used, lots of cool, calm blues 😍



Sandra has used the free gifts with to make some home decor projects and a lovely scrapbook layout.




Now, I have everything ready to try this technique,  its called 'Distress texture technique' 
You basically cover your card with Lost Shadow ink,  then run through embossing folder and blend 2 different colours over the embossing.  I really like the effect. 




These catds are so bright and cheerful you can't help but smile.  I love the reds and yellows with the blue.  



And finally we have 'Faux Laser Cutting ', so you can use up all of your intricate die cuts to fill a frame and give the look of a fancy panel die.  Perfect to use over some of your stash of backgrounds.

So all in all some fun techniques in this issue and the free gifts are good too. 

*********************

I hope that you all have a lovely weekend 

Love and hugs to all of you,

Sandra                                                                    xxxxxx 



5 comments:

  1. Safe and speedy trip Janet What is the weather going to be like? Not too hot I hope
    Thank you for the review As I don’t have any call for lighthouse/seaside cards I will pass on buying the magazine
    We are playing bowls again this afternoon So I hope the rain holds off The concert at Newmarket was good Daughter and I came away with a little win too!
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi everyone
    Your flowers are lovely, nice to see them brightening up the garden in this miserable weather. I hope you had a lovely lunch with Becca, and enjoy see each others new homes 🥰
    Great magazine review, thank you for sharing.
    A great challenge for the next couple of weeks, I’m pretty sure I’ve got plenty of backgrounds that need making into cards 😉
    Janet, safe journey, hope the traffic isn’t too bad.
    Hope you’re all having a good day despite the weather.
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone
    Beautiful flowers Sandra. Need some colour to brighten the day up. Its like autumn outside and it hasn't stopped raining all day.
    Thanks for the magazine review.
    Janet, hope the journey so far have gone without any delays. Drive safe.
    Sending hugs to you all and hoping you have had a good day xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Sandra and everyone,
    Nature doesn’t do coordinating it happily uses colours that clash and yet they always make a beautiful show. Love all of your beautiful floral displays.
    Thank you for the magazine review, lots of great articles and inspiration.
    Great treat to go and see Becca’s new house and she in turn gets to see yours sounds like an interesting day all round.
    Janet hope your journey is going well xx
    Take care everyone and sleep well. Goodnight.
    Love Brenda xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ps, great magazine review, thanks

    ReplyDelete