Thursday 17 October 2019

Thursday Throwback Card





Good Morning Ladies,

I hope that you are all well, I had a message from Lynda saying that she had arrived after a very long journey and was relaxing by the pool, she also said that it is very warm!  I hope you enjoy every minute with your lovely family Lynda xxx

I was looking back at old blog posts today and came across these very simple stamped cards, the stamp does all the hard work for you, I will add the description for these cards below, the thing that really strikes me is that the cards are the exact same colour but taken at different times of day, the second one using a lamp, it makes the card look a completely different colour.

The first card was super easy, I stamped the image on to Whisper White Card, I then cut it to fit the image, I then matted this onto 'Night Of Navy' mat and then repeated the matting and layering,  finishing with a Night of Navy card base.
I stamped a little Happy Christmas stamp to the foreground of the image. That was it finished! 

The second card was made by stamping the Clarity Snow scene stamp onto Stampin Up!(SU) Whisper White Card using 'Night of Navy' ink (SU), I then cut my piece of card to size and scored around the stamped Image to make it stand out.  I then took an Inkyliscious 'Happy Christmas ' stamp that has a beautiful scripty Font and stamped onto another piece of Whisper White Card and die cut it with a Stitched Rectangle die.
I then matted it on to a 'Night of navy' Matt and added it to the bottom of my card, under the stamped scene .
I then matted this whole piece onto a Night of Navy matt that was 1/4 inch bigger and then again onto a Whisper White card base. I added a piece of Narrow Navy ribbon across the centre of the card a d then added a bow with a little Snowflake. 
I hope you like it.
The stamp belongs to Pat, who let me have a play with it, if you are thinking of parting with it Pat I would give a very welcome home.😉😜

I hope that you all have a lovely day,

Love and hugs to all of you,

Sandra
xxxxxx

11 comments:

  1. Morning Ladies

    Sandra-two lovely cards, always nice to see some oldies.

    Meal out last night was lovely-not home too late (11pm).

    Maria-glad your Dies arrived.

    Sue-hopefully your parcel will have arrived. Could your please send payment via PayPal...cheers.

    Today is looking busy but I’m hoping to catch up with emails & paperwork from the 2 weeks I was on holiday as I’m off tomorrow. I’m having a little “procedure “ done in the morning so I won’t be going into work.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michele
      I’m glad to hear it wasn’t to busy at work. Hope your little procedure goes ok.

      Delete
  2. Lovely cards showcasing Throwback Thursday Some of my old cards I am embarrassed that I have them to family and friends!
    Enjoy your holiday LYNDA You’ve earned this holiday and hopefully the warmer weather will ease the pain Just don’t get sunburnt
    Craft club this afternoon which means I’ve got to take some crafty stuff to work
    Bright sunshine at mo but I bet it’s mighty cold
    Take care all xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen
      Enjoy craft club tonight. We had sunshine first thing but then we had sun & rain. Lovely rainbows though.

      Delete
  3. Hi Sandra & all in café,
    Sandra your cards are lovely, navy & white are favourites of mine.xxx
    Michele good luck tomorrow.xxx
    Lynda pleased to hear you are relaxing hugs to you both.xxx
    Café is open tea & coffee pots full, potato & leek soup at luchtime & lemon coconut cake for later.
    Sending hugs to all love Margaret.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like making little scene cards for Christmas. I think they add a personal touch to a card especially if done in one colour on white. When I send to friends and family I incorporate the name of our villiage into the greeting too. Hugs ValeryAnne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Lovely to see you visit the cafe I hope you pop by again Love your idea of incorporating your village name onto your cards

      Delete
    2. A lovely idea. Thanks for popping in and sharing this idea with us.

      Delete
  5. Hi Sandra & Ladies
    These cards are lovely Sandra. I’m glad you are able to give this a good home Sandra. I’ll bring it over for you next week weather permitting. As you know I have lots of Christmas stamps & Dies that I no longer use.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Meant to say Lynda I hope you enjoy your holiday. As Karen said hopefully the warmer weather helps with the pain.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi everyone.
    Lovely card's Sandra, gorgeous font on the greeting stamp.
    Nice knowing our Lynda is on place and enjoying the sunshine and lazing around the pool.
    Hi Valery, lovely idea. Nice of you popping in and sharing it with us. Hope to see some of your cards.
    I hope you all had a nice day and that aches and pains was at minimal. (wishful thinking)
    have a nice evening. hugs, Maria xx

    ReplyDelete