Wednesday 2 October 2019

'Things with Wings in Things with Wings'




๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’›Happy Birthday Margaret๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’œ



Good Morning Ladies,

Please join me in wishing our Lovely Margaret a Very Happy Birthday, I hope that you have a lovely day and another year filled with Love and Laughter xxxx

I hope that you are all well and that you haven't been too badly affected by the winds and floods, we seriously go from one extreme to the other in this country!

Today's card was inspired from something I saw on Pinterest, I thought it worked perfectly for the 'Things with Wings' challenge.
I made a mask with a piece of card and a Butterfly die and used my original Distress Inks (not Oxides) to blend a background inside the butterfly, I wills say that it looks bluer in reality, I used Spiced Marmalade, Mustard Seed & Tumbled Glass Distress inks.
I removed the card mask and used another mask that I made using a piece of copy paper, (so that it would be flatter for stamping the birds, the card mask would cause a ridge when stamping), I stamped the Birds into the aperture, I like how it turned out.
I blended the same inks onto another piece of white card and used that to die cut the 'Thank You' sentiment, I cut another in black card to use as a drop shadow. I mounted the card onto a black mat and then onto a white base card.
I hope you like my card. xx

It was lovely to see Pat yesterday, we had a lovely day, Pat got quite a bit of Groovi work done while I was 'procrastinating' I just couldn't decide what to make, once I did decide it didn't actually take that long.  We had yummy cream cakes as usual, when it came time for Pat to leave a really bright Rainbow appeared for her to drive under, I did ask if we could share the Pot of Gold if she found it !!
Thanks for a lovely day Pat xxx

I hope that you all have a lovely day, however you are spending it.

Love and hugs to all of you,

Sandra
xxxxxx


8 comments:

  1. Morning Everyone
    HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARGARAT. I hope you have a wonderful day doing the things you wish to do.

    Well we're half way through the week and I still have a load to do. Time is just whizzing past me and at the end of the day I still have a list a mile long.

    The CAFE is OPEN ready and waiting for you all to pop in.
    HUGS are winging their way to you all.Take care and stay safe.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARGARET! Your card is in the post I got you and LILIAN’s dates muddled up
    Your card is stunning SANDRA Great tip of using copy paper as a mask to do the stamping
    Was there a reason why you chose to use DI and not DO other than most of us probably have a drawer full of DI! and don’t want to waste them?
    Work was OK I did well up a little as I don’t know what/where I am going to be placed as it looks like I am doing the same work but in a different team October and November are bad months for me anyway
    Great news though My great niece is coming to visit this evening who I haven’t seen in about 7 years I am so looking forward to seeing her
    Take care all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sandra & all in cafรฉ,
    Sandra thank you for birthday wishes. Great card today & glad you had a good day with Pat.xxx
    Thank you all for your cards I have been very good & saved them all for today, will open them after breakfast.xxx
    Lilian hope you got some answers yesterday, I am sorry to hear you have been feeling worse since your procedure, hugs on way to you.xxx
    Sending hugs to all love Margaret.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sandra & Ladies
    Well once again I’m unable to post on Sandra’s blog.
    Happy Birthday Margaret I hope you have a lovely day. Lovely card today Sandra. I’m afraid I didn’t find the pot of gold at the end of that lovely rainbow ๐ŸŒˆ.
    It’s lovely to see a bit of sunshine today instead of a grey day and rain.
    I hope it’s warmer in your little bit of paradise Janet.
    Such a shame that your having to move departments Karen. Sending this to Sandra to post for me today.
    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sandra and ladies
    Just got back from dentist
    £62 lighter. I could have spent that on crafty goodies.
    MARGARET HAPPY BIRTHDAY HOPE YOUR HAVING A LOVELY DAY ๐ŸŽ‚๐Ÿ’•๐ŸŽ๐Ÿฆ‹๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿฅฐ
    LILIAN hope your feeling better today. & you're weather is also better today we have sun but very chilly.
    Now I'm off to doctor to get my hearing aids retubed
    SANDRA your card is lovely today
    Love Hug's Lynda xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. aaargh just lost my post and no idea why.

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARGARET, have a wonderful day !

    KAREN-have a nice time, a lot to be catching up on.
    LILIAN- hope your body getting used to the meds and you soon feeling better. hugs
    LYNDA- a bit steep to pay at the dentist, hope they were gentle at least. Hugs winging it's way for you and CU, take care.
    A Beautiful card Sandra, I'm trying to make some cc later. We did our walk to Ikea this morning and it was so nice in the sunshine and seeing the different colours on the leaves, it made me feel good. Chilly in the house tho so got a jumper on. Don't usually put the heating on until 1 Nov.

    Hugs being sent to you all and to anyone looking in, Maria xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi really sunny day.
    Sandra lovely card, love the shading.
    Will try and do a card tomorrow, as daughter and son-in-law coming on Friday.
    Big hugs to all, Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Sandra and ladies

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARGARET, Hope you have had a lovely day. xx

    Sandra today’s card is beautiful, another very inspiring example of your talent, thank you so much for sharing. xx

    The weather here has been lovely today, we went out for lunch it was a lovely treat. The meal and the weather!!!!

    Sleep well everyone, Love Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete