Saturday 12 October 2019

Mixed Up Saturday



Winston


Good Saturday Morning Ladies,

Thank goodness it's the weekend, shame about the weather, I think it may well be a 'Craft Room' day, Paul always manages to find accounts and other paperwork to do while I am crafting so we still get to spend time together, I don't like sitting in there on weekend if Paul is off doing other things, probably because I sit in their on my own all week and value every minute I get to spend with him of weekends. 

Michele has done another fantastic magazine review this week, the free die with the magazine is fantastic, I think I might have to buy this one! 
We have some crafty shopping to have a nosey at and another of Karen's cute animals.

We have a new feature this week and something I would like to feature on a Saturday, I have called it Saturday Sales/Wants, it's a place where any of you can share any craft items that you would like to Sell, it could be Craft items (as in dies, tools, etc) OR Craft things that you have made! 
You can also let everyone know that you are looking for a specific item too, they might just have what you are looking for or someone like our bargain hunter Michele might know where the item is on sale at a great price!
Michele has kicked us off with some dies that she is selling, you will find them at the bottom of todays post.
If you would like to sell anything or list something that you Want, just let me know and I will feature it next weekend.

Now onto today's crafts......

Karen has shared her latest Cutie…..Meet Winston the Aardvark, oh Karen I just love him, for me the 'quirkier' they look the more I love them.  Karen is making an animal for every letter of he Alphabet for Oscar, I think that is a brilliant idea, a great learning tool too, he will absolutely love learning his ABC's with your gorgeous Animals!  It will keep you busy too, have you thought of one for every letter?!
Thanks for sharing Winston with us Karen XXX


Michele's Magazine Review


Hi Ladies,



Diecutting Essentials has a lovely Memory Box set of Dies free this month as shown in the picture below.


This picture show some of the ideas inside the magazine.



Here’s the first feature using the free gift.


Second feature using the free gift-part one.






Part two .






The picture below shows how you can use your Dies to decorate gift bags+ boxes.







This article explains how to use your Dies plus Embossing folders to create an embedded look.

That’s all for this week-Happy Crafting.

Michele


Another great magazine review Michele,  I love that die set, perfrct for quick and easy Christmas cards,  I love when a magazine has loafs of inspiration too. Thanks for taking time to write these each week  XXX


Saturday Sale /Wants


Michele 


Michele is selling all of those dies, if you are interested in any of them, just leave a comment for her below, she will contact you. I will put the price list below............


Here’s a Price list...

Perspectives Merry Christmas £3;00

Californian background £6:00

Spellbinders basic lattice £6:00

Spellbinders Grate effect &6:00

Bevelled glass striplet £4:00

Eternal rings striplet £4:00

Perspectives Happy Birthday £3:00

Faux quilled blooms £6:00

Faux quilled leaves £3:00

Delicate daisies-open petals £6:00

Delicate daisies-complete petals £6:00

Basket weave background £6:00

Tonic multi tag set £4:00

Silver rectangle border & flourish set £4:00

Spellbinders basic banners one £2:00

Spellbinders Tropical Florals £4:00

Spellbinders Aren’t you Sweet £4:00

Spellbinders Geo Flower £5:00

Spellbinders Framed Floral £2:00

Spellbinders bunny £3:00


Some great bargains there, I have already ordered mine!!  Thanks Michele for kicking off our new feature. xxx

Shopping



Karen

Karen found the 'Craft Clearance' Website, it is part of Creative Expressions, I have been on a few times but never found anything that I wanted, that was until Karen sent me a phot of the Tim Hotlz Compendiums, they have been around for years, I have always wanted one but they were expensive, I want to say that they were around £30 each when they came out.  They feature Tim Holtz's products and what you can do with them, they have step by step instructions for different techniques for Distress Inks, Sprays, Alcohol inks etc.  The price on the Craft Clearance Website is £5.88 each !!  Thank you Karen for your bargain find, I am so grateful !

Karen's second item is the Craft Artist Mica Magic Compact Pigments, these were the 'One Day Special' on Hochanda during the week, John Lockwood demonstrated them really well, you can do loads of different things with them, there are two palette's of Mica Pigment, they look similar to how Eyeshadow Palette's are displayed, I really like them, I know you will love them Karen, I can't wait to see what you create with them.
Thank you so much for sharing your Craft shopping with us Karen XXX








Sandra

Well I think I can blame Karen for my first two purchases!!! tehehe 🤣🤣🤣!!  I went over to the Craft Clearance website to look for those Compendium's and then had a bit of a browse, I couldn't resist some of the BARGAINS!
The compendiums were £5.88, the Stains were £1.35, The Holly accent dies were £5.75, the Pearl spray was 50p and the ribbon 75p !!  Too good to over look !

The last of my purchases was a belated Birthday gift, it was the Clarity/Groovi One Day Special from last weekend, its a set of Groovi Flower Plates with matching dies, I am so excited to play with these! 


That's all for this week ladies,

Have a lovely weekend.

Love and hugs to all of you,

Sandra
xxxxxxx



19 comments:

  1. Morning Ladies

    Karen-I absolutely love Winston, he’s gorgeous!
    Great crafty shopping & you managed to persuade Sandra to join in!!

    I’m off into Southport the I have a few bags to drop off st the charity shop before meeting my crazy friend at a local garden centre where Card-io stamps is based so I might just have to have s look at what’s on sale!

    We’re off to visit my Father in Law this afternoon-we didn’t visit earlier as we’ve both been full of cold and thought I’d was safer to stay away than pass on our germs...we’re both feeling much better now,

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michele
      I’m glad that your colds are nearly gone now and that your able to visit your FIL. I to have more bags to drop off at the charity shop. Clothes that aren’t good enough for there go to Karen’s play group.

      Delete
    2. HI Michele,
      glad you feeling better so you can visit FIL again.
      If no one bought it already I'd like to ting the Californian Background, send PM when you can x

      Delete
  2. Thank you for showing Winston I love making them Most of the letters are covered Did you know there is an animal called QUOKKA! So the only letter I can’t find is X but I think she does a skeleton doll ...
    Thank you MICHELE for the review and your sale items - I have a few of the CE ones already
    Some great bargains to be had at Craft Clearance It may be old stock but what the heck My mad crafting friend KAT told me about it
    I hope to play with the Mica later JL did some lovely techniques with them If you didn’t see him There are 35 colours in that tin and as SANDRA says It looks like a giant eyeshadow palette
    Funnily enough I was trawling the Internet last night for a specific EF I’d like So I will send you the details SANDRA
    OH has just gone off to do PARKRUN He’s at work later So I hope to craft and play
    Take care all in this miserable weather xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen
      I must say Winston is gorgeous so clever to be able to crochet. I always saw lovely jumper patterns years ago but they needed to be crocheted which I couldn’t do.
      I wonder which EF you want as I have loads that I no longer use.

      Delete
    2. Hi Karen, who wouldn't love Winston ? I Love him !
      Well got curious what animal begins on the letter X so had a quick look and one was called XERUS, a African ground squirrel and the other one was XENARTHRA,a Sloths for example. Not sure if it helps but just wondered myself :>) x

      Delete
  3. Morning ladies from a very wet and soggy Somerset.

    Love the Aardvark Karen, its gorgeous.

    Michele..Your magazine reviews are always a good read and saves me £'s in choosing which mag to buy.

    Crafting today making sweetie bags ready for Halloween night. We have a pre Halloween party at the Friendly Spirit on the 25th. Milly-May's pumpkin and basket is already booked and we are looking forward to having fun there.

    Must dash I need to get into Bridgwater before the crowds come out which always makes me feel uncomfortable. Part of the agoraphobia.
    Love 7 hugs
    Cheryl xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enjoy your pre Halloween party with Milly May tonight.

      Delete
    2. Hi Cheryl. hopefully the trip into town went ok. Have fun with Milly-May when she is around, will she be going trick and treating with you ? x

      Delete
  4. Morning Everyone
    Oh KAREN how I love Wintson. He's just gorgeous.
    I'm slowly trying to get my Elephant crocheted but with real difficulty. I am finding that my hands are swelling very quickly and so are very painful.

    SANDRA- I have those two books and one from LA BLANCHE. They are wonderful to look at for inspiration etc.

    MICHELE- another fantastic mag review. Thank you.

    At the moment I have two large saucepans on the boil with beetroot in them and there's still as much left in the garden. If I cannot get them pickled before we have to leave they will be coming back with me,

    The weather here yesterday was just glorious with sunshine all day today is another change with grey skies which are looking like rain.
    Have a good week-end everyone whatever you all have planned.HUGS are winging their way to you all.Take care and stay safe xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Janet, hope you wearing gloves making them beetroots. Mum's was dark for days and that was only blueberries LOL . Are you going for your Friday treat today ? if you are, ENJOY x

      Delete
  5. Hi Sandra & all ladies in café,
    Sandra what a good idea to have a for sale or wanted piece on Saturdays. Hope you have a lovely relaxing weekend.xxx
    Karen what great idea to have toys representing letters of alphabet, Oscar will love it, thank you for suggesting the Craft Clearance.xxx
    Michele good magazine review & lots of dies etc for sale.xxx
    Café open & scones & jam & cream will be available this afternoon, so come & join us.
    Sending hugs to all love Margaret.xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Margaret. Love joining you for a scone and a cup of tea, whoever today we have Son's Birthday dinner so it might be a bit too much but let meet up soon and have lunch together. Hugs for you and Pop x

      Delete
  6. Hi Sandra & Ladies
    Rain rain and more rain here today. I just might need to go and finish off two Groovi cards I started at Evesham & Witney. Oh it’s such a hardship isn’t it ladies doing this crafting. Not.
    I love Winston Karen. Great mag reviews and shopping ladies. I decided not to get these Groovi plates Sandra as I already have plenty of flower dies. Lovely to have I’m sure but not essential for me as I’d only use flowers etc to cover up a mistake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pat. Hope you have a nice day of crafting.
      Managed to get a walk in some hours ago but the clouds are bursting so it won'r be long before the downpour. River Ouzel looked very high so a few more days rain and it will overflow. Glad we not living too close. Take care x

      Delete
  7. Hi Sandra and all in the Cafe today. I love your card. Beautiful decoration and a great fold, a really special card for someone to treasure. I also love the new Saturday sale/wanted section. I hope you have a restful weekend my lovely xx
    Karen, Winston is great and what a brilliant idea doing one for each letter of the alphabet for Oscar. I suppose you could make an Xtra large animal if you can’t find anything else! Enjoy your crafting and thank you for the Craft clearance sight. Must go and have a look x
    Michele, thank you for the mag review. I think I may be getting this one as the does are lovely and you get so many ways of using them in the magazine don’t you. I will contact you later Re the does I have bought x
    Brenda, I hope you aren’t too tired with all of the decorating. It will look good after it is all finished won’t it x
    Maria, it sounds like you had a lovely time away. Sorry that your body doesn’t agree though x
    I had better get on so enjoy the day. Sending love and hugs to you all with extras for all in need. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sue, good to see you in commenting as normal. Yes this body is a wreck and worse it get every year but what can you do ey ? but I'm not giving up on the walking even of it's slow and wonky Lol.
      Like the idea you given Karen , X-large animal, good one. hugs x

      Delete
  8. Hi Sandra and ladies.
    Well I have commenting on the way down today but forgot to say Michele, thank you for the mag review. I like this magazine and a useful die.
    Sandra, your shopping is good and you also got the Groovi bug, looking forward to see your lovely cards. Hope your back is better today, take it slowly.
    Thought of making another card for this Sunday but running a bit behind so hopefully the one I sent earlier will suit. I tried making one yesterday but did a bobo so it will either go in the bin or I might be able to cover it up with something, not sure yet.
    Lilian- sending you hugs and hope you are ok-ish. Take care.
    Lynda- hopefully your back will be ok for your holiday. Just rest and don't overdo things. The warmer weather will be a blessing for your aching body.
    Brenda- you take it easy too, no climbing up any ladders ! Send us a photo when it's done, hugs for you and to you all ladies, have a nice Saturday. Love Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG just lost this again
    HI Sandra and ladies
    I will keep this short as now lost three comments.
    KAREN Winston is beautiful I love him Do you give them to Osca when you finish one or are you saving tjem
    MICHELE another great mag review thank you so much. You have a lot of dies your selling. I sold two on eBay today. Haven't got much on at moment as going away to Spain Tuesday so waiting till I get back
    MARIA sorry you in pain after your holiday. I'm still in pain mostly everywhere. Some lovely shopping as well today
    Hug's all round Love Lyndaxxx

    ReplyDelete