Saturday 5 October 2019

Mixed Up Saturday, Featuring Michele's Magazine Review


Another of Karen's Crotched Cuties!

Good Morning Ladies,

I have some lovely crafty things to share with all of you, so let's get straight to it.....

First up today is one of Karen's Cute creations, A different colour theme you may think but there is a reason for that,  I will add Karens Description below which explains why she was inspired to make a Purple monster with a Red hat!!! ,,,,

Karen's Description...
" I finished this the other day At my craft club we occasionally do a challenge Some do patchwork/quilting others sew and others do beadwork This was the one picked out of hat this time Red & Purple based in the poem “Warning” by Jenny Joseph where she starts by saying “When I am an old woman  I shall wear purple with a red hat...” So I’ve done a purple monster wearing a red hat with a little yellow flower"

I think its a great idea to have everyone doing their 'own thing' to a particular theme. The results  were amazing, Karen sent photos of the projects that the other ladies made, i will add them below.....









What an amazing array of Purple and Red themed crafts, your Craft Club Ladies are amazingly talented Karen, I can see why you enjoy going, so inspirational! 

Karen's Description:
"Here’s some photos of our red and purple challenge 
From patchwork to sugar paste discuss to beadwork and a kiddie’s cushion and two of them dressed the part!"

Thank you so much Karen for sharing all of your craft clubs Red/Purple projects.  It must be lovely to be surrounded by ladies that all have different kinds of craft hobbies, as you have a room full of experts should you want to try something new.
Please thank your craft friends,  we look forward to seeing more crafts soon. XXX

Cheryl

Cheryl has kindly shared the amazing card thst she made for Jamie's Birthday.  A perfect card for Jamie, I am sure he will love it, I  love that sentiment too.  
Thank you so much for sharing the card with is Cheryl XXX 

Michele's Magazine Review 

Hi Ladies, 





Papercraft Essentials has a fantastic Shaker Cardmaking kit free this month.



This Article shows us that wreaths aren’t just for Christmas-how gorgeous are these cards??


Here’s the first feature using the free gift.


More ideas using the free gift.


Even more ideas.



I initially dismissed this free gift as “dull” but having read all the articles, I realised it’s a very versatile kit.




Last couple of ideas


Great article on decorating jars.

That’s all fellow Crafters-Happy Crafting.

Love Michele


Thank you so much Michele for another great magazine review,  packed with information about the different features of the magazine.
Those jars are amazing!
I hope that you are home safely from Singapore and enjoying the fact that you have another week to relax and do nothing XXX

I hope you all have a lovely weekend,

Love and hugs to all,

Sandra
xxxxxx

9 comments:

  1. Morning Ladies

    Karen -love your crocheted project. Everything your group made is lovely.

    Cheryl-what a lovely card.

    We got home yesterday from a fantastic trip to Singapore (for our 25th wedding anniversary). What a stunning place-so clean, everyone was so helpful. The only downside was the heat plus the humidity (we knew that when we booked)- I’d forgotten how tiring it is to keep doing things in that heat.
    I managed to get some washing done yesterday, both suitcases are empty & ready to go away under the stairs. We went for a walk yesterday afternoon then had an early night. Hubby has already left to play golf & he’s come down with a streaming cold.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning all
    Thank you MICHELE for your informative review It’s always a great help especially as these magazines are always in sealed plastic wallets
    Your card is lovely CHERYL and just know JAMIE will treasure it
    I should just point out I made a huge typo talking about the craft ladies work It should read sugar paste fuscia NOT discuss!
    I really enjoy going and am in awe of their work
    The taller lady has some fantastic stories to tell! For instance when she worked at a care home, one of the residents tried to be helpful by cleaning all of the false teeth at the same time and the staff spent the following day trying to match them up with the right resident She has such a way of telling them too
    Looking after Oscar was an unexpected treat and bless him He was fine in himself He just had frequent nappies
    OH off to do Park Run in a mo and later he’s off to work I must try and finish a few cards
    I hope you’re ok LYNDA after your fall
    Great to hear that the family are down LILIAN Enjoy your time with them
    Take care all xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you had a great trip MICHELE Did you have a favourite highlight

      Delete
  3. Sue/Mrs B’s comment
    Hi Sandra and all in the Cafe today.
    Sandra, I love this weeks challenge. Can’t wait to see all of the sparkles cards. I wonder how many of us will make Christmas cards? Have a good weekend xx
    Karen there is such a lot of talent at your craft club. I didn’t realise that the fuscia was made of sugar paste until I read your description. I honestly thought it was a living plant.....WOW, it is fabulous. I love your cute character too. What a good idea to have an occasional challenge picked from a hat. It’s good to hear Oscar wasn’t feeling poorly. X
    Cheryl your card is lovely. No doubt Jamie loves it x
    Lynda, I’m so sorry to hear you had another fall and hope it hasn’t caused you too much extra pain x
    Mum, it’s sad not seeing you but really can’t risk you picking up the stomach bug I had! Love you xx
    Janet, wishing you a safe and trouble free journey x
    Lilian I hope you have a lovely weekend with your daughter and family. Did you get any help from the hospital? X
    I need to get on so wish you all a nice day. Sending love and hugs to you all with extras for all in need. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sandra & Ladies.
    Love your purple & red monster Karen. Must be lovely for you that your craft group do different things. So thank you for showing us what they made as well. I bet the lady who worked in a care home has many funny stories to tell. The one about the teeth made me chuckle. I’m sorry I can’t reply under your names on Sandra’s blog. But even deleting and starting it again doesn’t work. I think Sues having the same trouble.
    I’m glad you had a lovely time in Singapore Michele. Enjoy your week off from work. Thank you as well for the mag reviews they’re very helpful.
    Hope your ok Lynda. I hope you had a nice birthday Lilian & Cheryl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sandra & all in café,
    3rd time of trying to leave comment.
    Sandra thank you for showing us the crafts & magazine review. Sorry could not see you last night, thank you anyway.xxx
    Karen thank you for photos & story.xxx
    Cheryl I love Jamie's card.xxx
    Michele thank you for magazine review & glad you had a nice holiday.xxx
    Café is open cream teas on menu later, come & join us.
    Sending hugs to all Margaret.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sandra & ladies
    I'm sure I commented this mornig but it's not anymore so it's must be me.
    Wow what fantastic mix craft Saturday.
    KAREN Thank you for asking I went down backwoods again so so the bott of my spine is very painful.
    I love your sweet crochet caricature so sweet love the colours. All the ladies in your craft club are super talented. Thank you for sharing the pictures.
    CHERYL I love your card for Jamie. I bet he was over the moon with it.
    MICHELE thank you for your magazines review looked quite interesting. Glad you enjoyed your holiday. We have had some sunshine this morning but very chilly.
    Well my dinner is nearly done
    So will say good evening
    LOVE & HUG'S LYNDA XX

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sandra and ladies,
    no idea what happened to my comment this morning but it's gone , perhaps it's together with Lynda's somewhere ?
    anyhow I still like the Red and Purple character Karen and so many other wonderful things you and the ladies are making. Cheryl, a lovely card for Jamie and hope he had a good birthday.
    Michele- hope you had a lovely time in Singapore and got some nice memories collected. Thank you for the mag.review.
    Lynda- please do take care !! So sad you again have fallen over and hurt your back. Did you see the doctor ? Put some ointment on to help it heal, let CU help you put it on but tell him to be gentle.
    Going away for a mini break so will be gone from the cafe' a few day's but will be thinking of you all and hoping you are having some nice days ahead and not only doc. appointment and suffering with aches and pains. Take care and hugs winging it's way to you all, Maria xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Sandra and ladies,

    Another super Saturday - what a great display,
    KAREN - WOW your your lovely red and purple critter is gorgeous. LOVE your Craft Club friends offerings, what a very talented group they are. Thank you and them for sharing. xx

    CHERYL Jamie’s Card is lovely, I bet he loved his special birthday card. Hope he had a lovely birthday. xx

    MICHELE, lovely to have you back. Glad you enjoyed your anniversary trip to Singapore. Thank you for your magazine review, they are always so helpful. xx

    Take care everyone, Love Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete