Thursday 24 October 2019

Margaret's Amazing Birthday card



Good Morning Ladies,

I hope that you are all well and having a good day so far, quiet one for me today as everyone is working or at Uni and all have my lovely weekly visits are over, I do have quite a bit to do in the craft room though, so that's where I will be.

Janet, it barely seems a week since you arrived at Marigny, I imagine you are sad to be packing and returning home so soon, it sounds as though the car will be full on the way back, I do hope Jim manages to get the storage heater set up, you will both be worrying if he can't.  I hope that your journey home is smoother than last time, hopefully the roads from Dover should be quieter this time of year. xxx

Lilian, I totally agree that you should make the most of the lovely weather while it lasts, there will be plenty of rainy days for crafting, I bet your show of Spring bulbs will love amazing, I really love Spring. xxx

Today's card is one that I am thrilled to be able to share as it's one of Our Margaret's cards, I have really missed sharing Margaret's lovely cards but totally understand the circumstances, it just means that when there is one to be shared it's worth Celebrating!
This particular card was made for Margaret's Grandson, I believe that the lovely paper is a Stampin'Up! design from last year, it has such lovely colours in it, I love pinecones and those fronds of foliage are so delicate, Margaret has picked out on of the darker shades of green to use as the accent colour to create the frame and the die cut sentiment. The whole card is then mounted onto a Black base card.
Such a lovely design Margaret, I bet you thoroughly enjoyed your day with Sue at the weekend, crafting together is so much more fun, I think it's brilliant that you are able to continue creating and designing your cards, having Sue to help with the cutting and assembling is the perfect solution for the next few weeks, I am sure that the moment you are strong enough you will be back at it. XXX

Sue and I had a lovely day yesterday, we started the day with Homemade soup and warm bread, then got down to some serious crafting, miraculously it didn't take us too long to decide what we were going to make, we were both trying new techniques, needless to say that mine was the messiest, I think I will have blue fingers for days, I loved the results though!
We took a break for a cuppa and yummy, mouth wateringly good lemon tarts, the pastry base was like shortbread and virtually melted in your mouth, the tart lemon curd was topped with fresh raspberries, they are heavenly!  We continued crafting while listening to a lady I recently discovered on YouTube, she reviews beauty products etc, she also does like an Agony Aunt type show which is hilarious, it was hard to concentrate as we stared in disbelief at some of the things people message in for her to help them with, she literally has you crying with laughter.  Thank you Sue for a lovely afternoon XXX

I hope that you all have a lovely day, I want to send Hugs to Val if she is looking in, we really miss you popping in my lovely xxx

Lynda should be on her way back home by now, we had a lovely chat on Monday evening, they are having a lovely time, the weather had been beautiful too, I hope that you had a smooth journey home Lynda & CU xxx

Love and hugs to all of you,

Sandra
xxxxxx

10 comments:

  1. Morning Ladies

    Margaret-your Cards is fantastic, really lovely.

    Sandra-sounds like you had a great day yesterday.

    Work was hideous yesterday & my boss was in a foul mood. I was truly glad to leave at 5pm. Went to visit a friend who I hadn’t seen for quite some time so it was late when I got home. I’ll be glad to get home tonight after I’ve done the Tesco shopping.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michele
      Sounds like your having a rough week back. Good job it’s Friday tomorrow.
      Gentle hugs coming your way.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful beautiful card MARGARET So good to see you back doing a bit of crafting
    Sounds like a fabulous day SANDRA and SUE Wish I could join you
    Work continues to be mayhem I could have quite easily “clocked” a girl for her incredibly biased and insensitive attitude towards a colleague
    Anyway I managed to do a bit of card making Time for making cards is getting shorter by the week and when the clocks go back there’ll be even less time I can’t card craft in the darker evenings
    Love to you all Take care x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen
      It sounds like your having a rough week as well with this move around. Good job you didn’t clock that girl though.

      Delete
  3. Morning everyone.
    A lovely card Margaret, like the paper you have used. Hope you and the family will have a nice weekend.
    Sorry to see Michele and Karen that working for the NHS some time now is not getting any easier but instead putting so much stress on your both. Remember tho to keep your fist down so not "clock" anyone either of you. Can only wish you a better day and don't forget to breath, take care x
    I wish you all a good day as possible.
    Mine has changed as it's raining here quite a bit so no gardening and I think a walk is out as well. Going with OH later to hospital, just for a check up and then we need some food shopping in. Lately we have done lot of our shopping at Lidl but I can't get everything from there that you are used to so not sure yet if it be tesco or asda, anyhow take care everyone and have a nice day. Love and hugs ,Maria xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Raining here as well Maria. It’s raining to hard for walking here as well. I did go and see Doreen this morning as I’m up in Dovercourt ( Harwich) this weekend. Wish me luck on the A12 & 120 as the A12 has major roadworks and is closed from the turn off from Mark Teys going towards Colchester. Diversions through Stanway and beyond. Plus most of the A120 will be shut after 8.00pm every evening.

      Delete
  4. Hi Sandra & ladies
    A lovely card today Margaret.i Bet your grandson loved it.
    I’m glad you had a lovely day with Sue. Sounds like that lady is Hilarious, with the things people come out with.
    Well it’s raining here as well Ladies. It wasn’t first thing thing this morning but by 10.30 it was chucking it down.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sandra and all in the Cafe today. I was more than happy to make this card following her direction and paper/colours. Fingers tightly crossed that you will be able to do much more by yourself very soon Mum after a very helpful afternoon with your PD nurse and physio. I know the NHS does leave a lot to be desired in some ways, thinking particularly of Karen and Michele but must say that Swindon PD department are fantastic. They cant do enough to help and all with lovely smiles so am happy to be able to give credit where it’s due. Love you Mum xx
    Sandra, thanks for a lovely day yesterday. The review lady is hilarious I will be watching more of her 😀 xx
    I am typing this as we make our way home without my glasses on so I apologise in advance for any mistakes! Sending love and hugs to you all with extras for all in need. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello All, another lovely day, although wet during the night, very chilly. First time I can remember frost in October down here.

    Margaret, lovely card, love the background paper.

    Sandra sounds as though you have had lovely crafting days, I still haven’t got around to doing my card, will do it tomorrow as we have a flood warning for the next day.

    Sorry Michele and Karen that you having such a bad time at work, hope it improves soon.

    That’s all from me, hugs to all, Lilian.

    PS Sandra I think you had a bargain window cleaner, we pay £24.50 every six weeks and we only have a very small bungalow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Sandra and ladies,

    MARGARET I love your card as I’m sure grandson will. Love the colours you have used and the background paper is gorgeous. Sending special hugs to you. xx

    MICHELE and KAREN I hope work wasn’t to stressful today for you and work life improves soon.

    SANDRA so pleased you have had two lovely crafting days with PAT on Tuesday and SUE yesterday both days sound very satisfying...........................
    AND tomorrow is Friday HOORAY (Paul’s early finish day)

    Had iPad issues today, pleased to say I managed to sort it out, though I would have to visit the Apple Store tomorrow. Thank goodness.

    Take care everyone, Love Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete