Tuesday 29 October 2019

Another Challenge Card and Happy Birthday Karen !!!




Good Morning Ladies,

Please join me in wishing our lovely Karen a Very Happy Birthday, I hope you have an amazing day Karen followed by a year of love and laughter xxxxxx

I had a fun afternoon playing with Alcohol Inks yesterday, I only have a few colours, enough to make a right mess I have to say, it is so much fun though, you can't get the same look twice, the inks almost look like they are alive as you watch them mixing and swirling together on your mat, I just wait until I like the look of the ink mixture and then place my glossy paper down on to the ink, if when you lift the paper there are spots that aren't covered you can put a few drops of the same coloured ink on your blending tool and dap around your paper.
I think that this piece looks like a view of the earth from an aeroplane!
All I did to make the card was die cut a frame with Sue Wilson Double Pierced Rectangles and laid it over my inked piece, I then took a Tonic sentiment (that I have had for years and not used) die cut it twice and layered them together, I placed that into the centre of my inked panel.
I matted this onto another Rectangle die cut and then onto a card base made with Call me Clover Card.
I think that this makes a great 'Man' Card, do you?
I can't wait to see your Man cards, ladies.

I think Pat is coming over today, so some Groovi fun is on the cards I hope!

I hope that you all have a lovely day,

Love and hugs to all,

Sandra
xxxxxx


10 comments:

  1. Morning Ladies

    Karen-Happy Birthday, hope you have a great day.

    Sandra-Love today’s card, the background is amazing. Hope you have fun crafting with Pat today.

    Engineers were waiting for me as I got to work, good progress yesterday so fingers crossed for the whole project!

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michele
      I’m glad the engineers are cracking on at work. Fancy leaving you to project manage it all. As if you don’t have enough to do already.

      Delete
  2. Morning Everyone
    Good Man card SANDRA.

    We had a good journey all the way from Marigny so now it's a case of putting things away this side and recovering from a two day travel.

    HAPPYHAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY KAREN. Ihope you have a good day and a good following year.

    A big thank you MARGARET for looking after things while I've been away. I hope you haven't overdone things and that everyone behaved for you.lol

    The CAFE is OPEN ready and waiting and MARGARET has left a Chocolate cake for you all.
    HUGS are ontheir way to you all.Take care and stay safe xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Janet
      Good to hear you had a good journey home from your little bit of paradise. Just the tricky bit of putting everything that you took back where it belongs.

      Delete
  3. HAPPY BIRTHDAY KAREN !! wishing you a good day.
    and good morning ladies from a frosty MK, don't think my pot plants have got the message tho for they still flowering for full Lol
    Super card Sandra. That background is amazing and I love,love the colours. Also the big font on the HB is great for you don't need anything else. Have a nice day with our Pat.
    Doing our ritual trip in to town this morning. Don't really want to see the scales but will enjoy the breakfast after and fruit shopping from the market. Lol
    Have a nice day everyone and I'm looking forward to meet up later for a slice. Big hugs, Maria xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maria
      We had a hard frost Sunday night. I met the gritting machines on the M40 coming home from Colchester. I though why on Earth are the gritting machines out it can’t be hard frosts already surely.

      Delete
  4. Happy Birthday Karen. I hope you have a wonderful day.
    Great card Sandra. Must check with you as I thought you’d decided we’d meet up on Wed.
    Gentle hugs to all who need one today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sandra & all in café,
    Karen hope you have a lovely birthday & lots of cuddles with Oscar & good year to follow.xxx
    Sandra lovely card today, I love the background, have a good day.xxx
    Janet pleased to see you had good journey home, I was pleased to help you, not quiet as early opening as you, I am so slow in mornings. Enjoy the chocolate cake & I left a birthday cake for Karen in cabinet, see you later.xxx
    Brenda you understand what I am going through if your Mum had Parkinson, thank you for hugs.xxx
    Lynda hope your legs & feet have recovered, hugs on the way.xxx
    Sending hugs to all love Margaret.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Sandra and ladies,

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY KAREN enjoy your special day and the rest of this birthday year, hope all your wishes and dreams come true.xxx

    Sandra love love love your card, the alcohol background is gorgeous, it works so well and is perfect for a man card.

    Janet pleased you got home safe and sound, don’t envy you putting everything back in it’s place, it always (well for me) takes so much longer to do this chore - possibly because I get sidetracked - Attention span comes to mind!!!

    Have a great day everyone, love Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good evening ladies
    First can I say a huge thank you for your. Birthday messages and cards
    I’ve had a mixed day I had a hospital appointment and to cut a long story short and after a small op I am sitting here with my foot up and can’t put my weight on it
    I had some lovely presents But the best one was Oscar singing Happy Birthday to me over the phone
    Take care all xxx

    ReplyDelete