Wednesday 23 October 2019

Karen's Wedding Card



Good Morning Ladies,

We had a lovely day yesterday, sun was shining and wasn't too chilly, so nice that the window cleaner turned up, I was in two minds but because Paul wasn't happy that it was £26 last time but tte windows haven't been cleaned since then, some of them are tricky to get to without a really long ladder too.  So i asked him to ckean them, he doesn't use a ladder though, he has a brush on a long pole with a hose attached, my only complaint is that he doesn't dry them, he rinses them with pure clean water (apparently) which will dry clear unlike rainwater, I am yet to be convinced! They did look cleaner, i will have to get the insides cleaned now! 
The other thing we have to organise is a Chimney sweep, you don't see or hear of them much these days, which surprises me as having a real fire is quite trendy.  I dread to think how much they cost!

Pat came over yesterday and we both having a 'Groovi' afternoon, Pat has some lovely designs on the go.  I think the one thing that I find slightly frustrating is that you can't really make 'quick' cards.  It's not necessarily a bad thing as each piece is a work of art, when you are a daily blogger though, having quick and easy is a god send.  It does us all good to sit and relax sometimes and I think that Groovi will be my 'relaxing' tool. Thanks Pat for a lovely afternoon  XXX                                                                     
 Today's card is the Wedding Card that Karen has been talking about, it looks amazing Karen, I think that changing the tie from a Bow Tie to a Regular Tie is a great idea to make the Groom's Suit more casual than formal, as well as removing the lapels. The embossing on the Ladies heart is really pretty too.  The whole card really works, I am sure that they will both love

I will add Karen's Description below:

"Here’s the wedding card I was telling you about,
There are tons of similar ones on Pinterest
The groom is wearing an “ordinary” suit So I cut out and added lapels and used the tie from one of SW’s sets
I might ask if she knows what colour buttonholes they’re wearing and add a small flower
It’s matted onto a dark green as his suit is a brown/green plaid"  Thank you so much Karen for sharing your card, it's another of your incredible designs. XXX

I am looking forward to seeing Sue today, it seems like ages since we last crafted together.

I hope that you all have a lovely day,

Love and hugs to all,

Sandra
xxxxxx




7 comments:

  1. Morning Everyone
    A beautiful card KAREN and I'm sure it will be treasured.

    Our last couple of days have been very dull and damp and so at the moment the salon has my clothes horse stood in the middle with bedding on it drying.I don't have a tumble dryer here electricity is too expensive to run such things.

    Well the overnight hotel and ferry are booked for this week-end so you can guess it's busy here trying to get the house ready for the winter; getting veg out of the garden and of course trying to get some crafting done too lol. I have bottled 6 kilner jars of beetroot and Jim's job today is to dig the rest up so they can come back with us. He also has to sort out the storage heater to keep the house aired through the winter. This is always a fiddly job as it's only used once a year and he can never remember what to do so out comes the instruction book.................

    Have a good day everyone. HUGs are on their way to you all.Take care and stay safe xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Ladies

    Karen-what a fantastic card, it’s really lovely.

    Sandra-sounds like you had a nice time yesterday, Crafting with Pat.

    I popped round to see a friend last night, she gave me yet more crafty stash she’s getting rid of. Mostly Christmas stamps (on wooden blocks) which she’s hoping I’ll sell for her. She doesn’t realise that the weight of them will be an issue.

    Oh well-off for another fun filled day working for the NHS!!

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sandra & all in café,
    Karen lovely card I'm sure it will treasured.xxx
    Sandra pleased to hear you had a nice time with Pat, hope you get to see Sue today.xxx
    Café is open drinks ready & fruit cake in cabinet just waiting for you to call in.
    Hope Maria feels better, hugs on way.xxx
    Sending hugs to all love Margaret.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the kind word ladies about my card I must admit that I was nervous about changing the groom’s “clothes” I am not very good at thinking outside of the box and the only examples I had seen of this type of card was using a bow tie in the “nape” of the heart
    Sounds like you had a great day with PAT and another great one today with SUE
    You did the right thing getting the windows cleaned for you I think it’s too risky climbing ladders etc A friend’s husband fell off a ladder and ended up paralysed from waist down It doesn’t bear thinking about
    Take care all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello All, another beautiful day here, I have been out in the garden planting pots of tulips.

    Karen a beautiful card, I’m sure it will be loved.

    Have to have a look at this weeks challenge, but as it’s this lovely weather prefer to be outside, might have go tomorrow.

    Hope you have all had a good day. Hugs Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi all,
    only went and lost my comment so will just say how much I like the card you made Karen.
    Brenda- hope John is ok and no more painting up high. Safer to get someone in.
    Janet- hope Jim got the heating sorted. Hope also you get some nice autumnal days like we have before you are going back.
    Sandra- our windows are cleaned with a broom and fresh water and they looking good. Only thing is the lattice are gone broken so not sure if it's by that or because the windows are south facing.
    It been a long but nice day visiting Stamford again and on the way home we stopped off for dinner at the Harvester so nice and no cooking tonight.
    Have a good evening everyone. Many hugs Maria xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Sandra and ladies,

    KAREN love the wedding card, your change from bow tie to regular tie has worked brilliantly, the couple will really appreciate how you have personalised this lovely card.

    SANDRA pleased you had a.good day with Pat and a Groovi time! and today you have a Sue day, I’m sure it was also be a very productive and enjoyable one. xx

    Hope everyone has had a good day, love Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete