Tuesday 8 October 2019

Sparkle & Shine Poinsettia Card



Good Morning Ladies,

I hope that you are all well, if your weather was anything like ours yesterday it could only be described as miserable.  I had two loads of washing to do (Girls Work Uniforms etc) but couldn't hang it out, so ended up with the clothes horse in the kitchen, Why do they call it a 'Clothes Horse'?? or is that just a 'Rowhedge' (the village where I grew up) thing?  So we ended up discussing putting the Aga on, which I think will happen this weekend.  We have started eating in the kitchen now, as the dining table is always covered in craft stuff and the 'dining room' is just not big enough for my craft desk and the table, we have a large table in the kitchen that we have stools round so that works fine for now. For big family get togethers and Christmas etc I fold my craft unit away and that makes room to have the table pulled out.  I will be lovely to sit and eat in here when the Aga is on and its warm and cosy, it tends to be the one place that everyone migrates to.

Todays card was made to use up the die cut Poinsettia Border, as I had cut it yesterday to use with my 'Caught in Crystal' background but ended up changing my mind and used the Dragonfly instead.
I had some lovely Green Glitter card that I had bought a while ago from Pink Frog so I used that as the background, that I had cut and put onto a 61'/2 X 61/2 Inch base card.  I used wet glue as I was sticking it onto Glitter card and that has a shiny backing to it, I also used wet glue on the front (to stick the die cut piece with as trying to stick anything to glitter card can be tricky.
I used some of the gorgeous 'Red Velvet' Card from Pink Frog, I haven't been to a show to re-stock but I know the lovely Anne at 'A Crafty Place' has it in stock, I along with lots of other gorgeous speciality card, I love the look of the Satin looking card, I will leave a link below for the Red Velvet card, while you are over there you can have a browse at some of the other lovely card types.

A Crafty Place Red Velvet Card

I used John Lockwood's Poinsettia dies to cut the Poinsettia, I love how all of the petals are on 1 die, it makes it so easy to die cut in batches.  (Anne stocks JL dies too). I shaped the flowers and layered three together and added a Gold Faceted Gemstone to the centre.
To finish the card I die cut an old Sue Wilson sentiment that I think worked great and some Cherry Cobbler ribbon to the bottom, finished with a bow and another faceted gemstone.
I hope you like it xxx

Today will mostly be sent in my craft room, I have lots of flowers die cut ready to make a video on the Flower Shaper plate thingy!

I hope that you all have a lovely day,

Love and hugs to all of you,

Sandra
xxxxxx


9 comments:

  1. Morning Ladies

    Sandra-what a really lovely card. The glitter card looks great against the white.

    Yesterday was miserable weather here too, today is fine but gusting winds!

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning Everyone
    from Marigny.
    We are now settled in and hoping to get some relaxation lol.
    The fridge and freezer have food in; the log burner is set for today so all is well.

    Our day yesterday was really very up and down weatherwise. Lots of clouds no sunshine and very damp so the log burner was on from first thing.
    Our journey down to Dover was OK we had some fog in patches but at least it was dry not like our journey on sunday from Calais down to Marigny. I was torrential rain all the way so that's a six hour journey driving.!

    SANDRA a gorgeous card I love it. I'm hoping to make a start on my CC today.Well that's the plan.

    OH news re the house attached to us. It looks as though it has been sold!!!! All the garden around the house has been cleared; the window shutters have been painted so at last it looks as though someone cares.We haven't as yet seen anyone around but will keep you all up todate.

    HUGS are winging their way to you all with loads of extras for Dear Friends not feeling too good.Take care and stay safe xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Janet
      I’m glad to hear that at least part of your journey was ok. It’ll be good for you won’t it now that next door has been sold. At least it will keep yours aired.

      Delete
  3. Hi Sandra & all in café,
    Sandra a beautiful card today I love the red. I can imagine you all sat in the kitchen with the Aga on how lovely.xxx
    The café is open just waiting for you to visit.
    Janet pleased to hear you are safely there, sounds as if it was a horrendous journey from Calais, just relax now.xxx
    Sending hugs to all love Margaret.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. At least you can relax now JANET What a nightmare journey in all that rain
    Do you know what I really can’t remember what our weather was like It was dry as I was wearing Toms!
    Beautiful card SANDRA The balance of green and red is just right I hope to craft again tomorrow Now I’m off for a nap and we’re out dancing later
    Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sandra & Ladies
    Lovely card today Sandra. I’ve been in Evesham all morning as I have the chiropodist & hairdresser coming later. If I’d done a afternoon class as I usually do I wouldn’t have been back in time. One lady came all the way from Guildford a two hr trip to go to Maria’s class. I also call it a clothes horse Sandra. The weather was atrocious while we were in the class, but luckily didn’t rain while I was coming home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sandra and all in the Cafe today. What a lovely card. Red and green for Christmas cards is still my favourite. We call clothes airers clothes horses too. Thank you for a lovely time today. I can’t wait to see your finished card on the blog. Sending gentle hugs xx
    I keep nodding off so I’m going to finish now or I will wake up at silly o’clock with the comment still waiting to be published! Sending love and hugs to you all with extras for all in need. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Sandra and ladies,
    Lovely card Sandra, Green and red perfect for Christmas. I have some of the red card it is so beautiful, you just want to keep stroking it.
    I started to comment this afternoon, but nodded off, needless to say when I woke up my comment had disappeared.
    Off to bed now hopefully will sleep better than I have been of late.
    Sleep well everyone, Love Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete