Thursday 31 October 2019

Card & Matching Box I made for Swap Partner









Good Morning Ladies,

I hope that you are all well, thank you all for the lovely comments on Karen's card, I had a really fun messy craft day that day, my hands were blue for a couple of days after, I did buy myself a huge box of rubber gloves but by the time that I remember to get a pair my hands are already a mess!

Pat came over yesterday and bought some lunch and yummy Fresh Cream Cakes, strawberries, cream and meringue never gets old, it's a marriage made in heaven!
We both sat and did some Groovi crafting in the afternoon, before Pat left to go and have her tea at Craig's.  Thank you for a lovely afternoon Pat xxxx

OMG I had such a lovely message from Elaine Parker who I was in a Swap with (I shared her lovely swap items on Saturday).
She was so pleased with my card and box (and a couple of other little bits that I added in), she said that my card was so beautiful that it bought tears to her eyes!  To me that makes making the card and matching box SO worth the effort, just to know that somebody was touched by your work really warms your heart.

I altered the original card a little as I wasn't happy with the sentiment, I had a large 'Just For You' die that I die cut 3 times and adhered them together. I placed them down on an angle so that it looked right when the card was open, I added a couple of flowers with Hot Glue behind them to act as the card stopper.
The papers were from 'The Craft Box' they are called 'In My Garden', such pretty floral designs, I used another sheet to cover the top of an 8 1/4 X 8 1/4 box, I used the same ribbon as I had used on the card, made a double tulle Bow to go underneath the ribbon to lift it a little and finished the bow with a resin pearl heart.

I think it will be another craft room day today, Sophie is at Uni and Lucy is dressing up as a 'Scary Scarecrow', she had a friend stay over last night so they are getting ready together this morning, I feel it will be a little bit chaotic!  (they are both going dressed the same)!  They were asked to dress up for Halloween for work, but the brief was to not 'too scary' so that they don't scare the children!  I wonder if she will let me take a photo?! (not holding my breath)!

I hope that you all have a lovely day,

Love and hugs to all,

Sandra
xxxxxx

8 comments:

  1. Morning Ladies

    Sandra-your swap gifts look amazing. No wonder your swap partner was thrilled. Glad you had chance to craft with Pat yesterday. Enjoy your day in your craft room today.

    If everything goes to plan today then the HEPA filters are being tested then the Aseptic Unit should be handed back over to us as everything will be completed. Then the hard work & waiting begs. We will have at least 3 full cleans to do (ceilings, walls etc) then 3 days of testing and we have to wait for 3 pass results before we can resume manufacturing chemotherapy. All this will probably take 3 week as it’s a slow process. Heh Ho-at least it all done.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Everyone
    oh SANDRA your card and box are just glorious and I can see that going into a memory box.Imagine opening a box years later and finding such a beautiful piece of art.

    I had a productive day yesterday finishing off my CCs.It was one of those days that everytime I looked for card etc I found just the piece I wanted and someone was watching over me as 'Men'cards just shouted. Those days are few and far between.
    I now have to photograph and sent off.

    The CAFE is open ready and waiting so pop in for a cuppa and a chat.
    HUGS are on their way to you all with many extras for Dear Friends not feeling too good.Take care and stay safe xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sandra and all in the Cafe today. Your swap card and box are absolutely gorgeous. It’s not a surprise that Elaine had tears in her eyes when she opened it. I know I have said it many times but you really are so very talented my lovely. I wish I could have seen you today but it was wishful thinking after a few busy days. Didn’t manage to get to the Range in the end but did get a few dies from The Works though. I will send a pic of them for you to share on Saturday
    I was so sad to hear of Val’s news. I can’t imagine how she must feel not being able to look at any screens or to make any cards at all, especially for her friend Wendy’s shop.
    Karen, I hope your foot is not too painful. Not a nice birthday gift but I bet hearing Oscar singing happy birthday brought tears to your eyes 🥰 x
    Brenda, congratulations to your youngest grandson on passing his driving test x
    Sending love and hugs to you all with extras for all in need. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how lovely to get a comment like that SANDRA and as JANET has just said it is a real piece of art
    I went to our Salsa night as a scary scarecrow! They will have fun dressing up and their makeup will be exquisite I expect Mine was a bit ropey!
    Your crafting day with PAT sounded lovely- meringues are my favourite especially Eton Mess
    Thank you for your kind messages re my foot I am a little scared being diabetic but hopefully it’ll heal OK
    Take care all xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sandra & all in café,
    Sandra your card & box are lovely, no wonder Elaine had tears in her eyes. I tried to comment yesterday & it kept disappearing so after 3 attempts gave up.xxx
    Val sorry to hear your news, look forward to seeing you in café again, sending hugs.xxx
    Sending hugs to all love Margaret.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Sandra and ladies,

    What a beautiful card you made for your swap partner Elaine, the fact that she shared her reaction to your beautiful gift just underlines how special this card is.
    I’m sure Sophie and her friend are going to have great fun at work dressed up as scarecrows for Halloween. The children I’m sure will enter into the spirit of things and not be at scared, although they might pretend to be.
    Pleased you and Pat had a Groovi afternoon yesterday, The cakes sound absolutely scrummy.

    I have just taken a break from doing some ’swearing’ OH has popped out to do some shopping, it’s so much easier to get on when I’m not working around him. But I’m not complaining he’s good to have around and certainly very very helpful.

    Well I better press on and it will soon be time for lunch anyway, love Brenda XXX

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Sandra and ladies
    Gorgeous card Sandra no wonder your swap partner loved it stunning.
    Had trouble with getting my comment staying put. So fingers crossed.
    Our shower was broken we have been having strip washes not ideal. Terry saw The landlady down Birching yesterday & told her about
    The shower she said we will have to pay for it as she could get a lot more money a month. Anyway she rang
    This morning said Dave will come & look at it. He said they don't make our moddle anymore. So he went off
    To buy a new one. So I had a lovely shower this afternoon had a shock as it was £180 but had to have one
    Hug's Lynda xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi everyone.
    Wow Sandra, how much I love the card and box you made for your swap partner, it's absolutely stunning.
    Brenda- congrats to your grandson passing the driving test.
    Michele- a hugs thank you, your parcel arrived today. Will have a play tomorrow. Hopefully all thing at work will soon be back to normal.
    Well I hope you all had a good day ? My day started this morning for me to catch the 8.47 to Birmingham which didn't turned up until 9.25. Got to the NEC craft fair and I had a very nice day in the end walking around and looking and buying some stuff hihi and also the Christmas fair. So many fantastic thing to look at. Coming out of the NEC I left in plenty of time to catch the train back home so I thought but waiting for the shuttle bus took longer the expected so I had 10 minutes to get to the platform for 17.05. Got there huffing and puffing for the lift was out because a woman taken ill so the ambulance was there so I had to run up like 3 floors of stairs to reach the station but to see on the board that the train again was late like 15 minutes. No that's not right it was 30 minutes late in the end, Aaaargh. Got on the train in the end with not seeing one place to sit so had to stand !!. Got to Northampton and was told that we all who was not going to Houston had to go off ! Not one person to ask what to do next. During all this I was in contact with OH to keep him updated what was going on and he told me the 19.05 should take me home, well that also was 29 min late !! I never been so glad to come home, get undress, have something to ear and a warm big mug of tea Lol
    This was my Thursday and I'm doing it again for no delays of the train will stop me to get to NEC and the plus side was that I met some very nice ladies on the way.
    I now wish you all a good night and hugs are sent to you all, Maria xx

    ReplyDelete