Friday 4 October 2019

Pretty Floral Card and Next Week's Challenge





๐Ÿ’–Happy Birthday Lilian๐Ÿ’–




Good Friday Morning Ladies,

Ladies please join me in wishing our lovely Lilian a very Happy Birthday, I hope that you have a lovely day and feel well enough to enjoy it, sending huge Birthday hugs XXXXX

Here we are again, Friday's seem to come around so fast, not that I am complaining as it means that Paul is home early and it's the weekend of course!!

Now onto today's card, I have to admit that I absolutely loved creating this card, I used my new Heartfelt Creations Oakberry Flower stamps and matching dies to create the flowers (I just love these flowers). After stamping and die cutting them I put them into the Heartfelt creations 3D Blossom Shaper, spritz with water and run through a die cutting machine.
The card itself I made using the Heartfelt Creations Booklet Frames (for the fancy outer die that I used to create my card base) I cut two and then on one side I scored and line near the very top of the die cut, this will create the back of the card base, just add glue to the area above the scored line and attach to the front piece.
I made the 'pages' of the book by die cutting to different sizes of the Booklet Basics dies, I went around all of the edges with Angel Pink ink, just adding a little to highlight the decorative edges of the beautiful frame.
The finishing touches to this card are the stamens and sparkles in the centre of the flowers and I added glitter to the edges of all the flowers and the inner pages of the card, I tried really hard to photograph the 'sparkle' but it really didn't want to show up!
I hope you like my card. xx

Next Weeks Challenge

Sparkle and Shine........


Grab your glitter, sparkly gemstones, glitter paper, spritz's, sprays, Pixie Powders, Glimmer Paste, in fact anything that will add so Sparkle to your projects, there are so many different techniques that will add sparkle of shine to your projects.....

Double sided sticky sheets with glitter or other dry sparkle mediums

Caught in Crystal Technique using Glitters, Pixie Powders, Glittberbits, crystal tints etc

Simple sticky back sparkles give a fantastic effect.

Fine point glue pen/pot and glittler

Shimmer pastes, you can add glitter or Mica products to any paste to give it sparkle too, use these through masks to add  sparkle detail in the background.

or simply die cut Glitter card, there are gorgeous, quality Glitter/Glimmer card.

I am sure you can think of lots of other Techniques, if so please share them with us below.

I hope that you all enjoy this challenge, it will be perfect for Christmas and other Celebration cards.

★★★

I hope that you all have a lovely weekend my lovelies,

Love and hugs to all of you,

Sandra
xxxxxx

8 comments:

  1. Morning Everyone
    from a very wet Sheffield.

    HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY LILIAN.I hope you're feeling a little better and enough to enjoy your special day.Loads of HUGS just for you.
    SANDRA-what a beautiful card and one that's definitely for a memory box.

    Cannot believe we're at 'Swear' word day. This week has really been full pelt in this house and I've still some jobs to do today.

    I'll be absent for a few days so I'm hoping that SANDRA and MARGARET will keep an eye on the CAFE for me while I'm away.
    HUGS are winging their way to you all. Have a good week-end;take care and stay safe xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pat's Comment:
    Hi Sandra & Ladies.
    Wishing you a very Happy Birthday. I also hope your well enough to enjoy it. Gentle hugs coming your way.
    Not to sure what’s happening in blog land as your blog is now showing Not Secure in front of it when I open it. I’ll delete it off I think and add it again to see if it helps. I hope work isn’t to traumatic Karen and that the upheaval has been resolved. Must be a worry for you. Hope the rain soon eases Janet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning ladies.
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY LILIAN ! Hope you can enjoy some celebration with family and R is looking after you extra today, hugs.

    Beautiful card Sandra and so many lovely flowers. Will have to look up what you mean with 3D blossom shaper, not sure what that is.
    Hope your heating working later
    Karen. After sitting with fleece and gloves on in the house we did put the heating on a bit, bliss.
    Have a nice day everyone and hugs for you all, Maria xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday LILIAN
    What a beautiful card SANDRA and I love the new challenge I have a few ideas in my head (I did for this week but that’s in the bin!
    We are looking after Oscar today (unexpectedly He’s had a bout of diarrhoea and can’t go to Nursery and daughter had a few meetings booked) So I hope to craft tomorrow morning and get at least one cc done
    Work continues to be a shambles- so glad I have taken the day off
    Take care all xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi SANDRA AND LADIES
    We have just put the heating on for the first time
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY LILIAN hope you've had a lovely day being spoilt
    ๐ŸŽ‚๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽˆ๐ŸŽŠ๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿ’•Xx
    SANDRA your card is gorgeous I love it so pretty. I didn't get what you meant about shaping the flowers then putting them through die cut machine?!! Sorry bit thick today I fell over again this morning hurt the bace of my spine my fall's are becoming more frequent. Darren Sam
    & Harry are due in a moment.
    Love & Hugs Lynda xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Sandra and ladies,

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY LILLIAN I hope you are enjoying your special day, also hope your daughter and SIL arrived safely, have a great weekend. xx

    SANDRA your card is absolutely gorgeous, you have really set the bar high with this amazing sample.

    Next weeks challenge sounds good, it gives us a lot of scope. I was worried that today’s card was the challenge. ๐Ÿฅต๐Ÿคญ no pressure. xx

    Hope everyone has had a good day.
    Love and hugs, Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello All, sorry to be late, family have arrived from London.
    Firstly I must say a big than you for all of your lovely cards ( never had so many) and your good wishes.

    Sandra very beautiful card today, will look forward to next weeks challenge.

    Hugs to all Lilian.
    PS we have put our heating on, bliss.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sandra & ladies,
    Lilian hope you have had a lovely day.xx
    Sandra your card is lovely. xxx
    Janet of course I will, have a lovely time & safe journey, xxx
    Lynda sorry you had a fall please take care hugs on way.xxx
    Sending hugs to all love Margaret. Xxx

    ReplyDelete