Wednesday 9 October 2019

Dazzling Dragonflies.....




Good Morning Ladies,

I hope that you are all ok, I am currently laid up with a bad back, I went to get something from the  under the stairs cupboard (that holds my excess craft stuff) and my back just locked up, I am stuck at a 45 degree angle, ooh it hurts!!!  I am hoping bed rest and anti-inflammatory tablets will get me back upright quickly.  I am writing this at a very odd angle laid on my bed.

Sue came over today and we decided to have a play with the 'Laminator Background' Technique that Jennifer Maguire Shared on YouTube.  
Basically you take a laminator pocket and sprinkle glitter, tiny confetti, I have used Mermaid Purple Glitterbitz in mine, you then run the pocket through the laminator and it seals the glitter or whatever you have added inside, absolutely genius idea, you could also lightly sprinkle white embossing powder and the laminator heat sets it, giving you a snowy background.
To put my card together I used Stampin Up! Island Indigo card and laid a piece of my laminated background on top, I used Tim Holtz Background die to create the two floral corners, that reveal the glittery background.  I die cut the decorative section of the Stampin Up Dragonflies out of the Island Indigo card too, I topped that with solid wings that I had die cut from my Glittery laminated sheet.  I was shocked that it die cut !!
To finish my card I adhered the front panel with sticky pads for a little dimension and then added the Dragonflies with their sparkly wings to the front of the card and stamped a simple sentiment and die cut that with a Flag tailed banner die.  
I am really pleased with my card, I hope you like it too ! xxx

Well I am struggling to write this so I am going to close now.

I hope that you all have a lovely day,

Love and hugs to all,

Sandra
xxxxxx

13 comments:

  1. Morning Ladies

    Sandra-your Card is gorgeous, really lovely.
    I hope the painkillers work their magic & you’re soon up and about.

    I started with a fire throat yesterday & I now have a cold-not what you need when you’re off work!
    We’ve had torrential rain overnight & we still have gusting winds so it’s s day for not doing much.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to hear you’ve got a cold Michele. We’ve had no rain here today but it has been very windy.

      Delete
  2. I love your card SANDRA It is such an easy technique to do and gives really effective looking results Tou just have to watch that you spread the “bit” evenly The first time I tried it I had “patches” of glitter I must try using white embossing powder and that it die cuts WOW!
    I hope your back eases soon Isn’t it always the simplest of things that ends up causing us injuries and pain
    Home alone tonight So I really hope to craft I need to make 2 birthday cards and wedding card
    Take care all I will try and pop back later to see what you’re up to

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sandra & all in café,
    Sandra I hope your back eases soon nothing worst than not being not able to get straight. I love your card sounds interesting. Special love & hugs on way.xxx
    Café is open drinks already & chocolate sponge in cabinet, so come & join me.xxx
    Lynda hope you feel better, hugs on way.xxx
    Maria hope you are alright, hugs on way.xxx
    Sending hugs to all love Margaret.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another comment lost
    Good morning Sandra and ladies
    Hope this one stays put.
    I've got foot clinic at 1.30pm
    Yesterday was a blood test it was packed I had appointment at 11am but didn't have it until 12.30
    SANDRA yesterday card was lovely.
    Today s is stunning love the technique never new this before so will have a go later.
    Must get my shower so will pop back later hope this stays put xx
    Love Lynda xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lynda
      I hope your for clinic went well. I hope your bloods tests are ok as well Lynda. I hope your doing as your told.

      Delete
    2. Yes I am doing asim told Pat
      Thanks. Can't fall again as we go away on Tuesday. Xx

      Delete
  5. Hi Sandra and all in the Cafe today. Your card is gorgeous. Die cutting the dragonflies really makes their wings look fabulous. Ian hoping to finish off the card using one of the backgrounds I made yesterday too. Such an easy way to get anything you would normally use acetate for. My attempt with white embossing powder was rather “ heavy” too Karen. A “less is more” lesson learned 😏 I am wondering if I used something like a tea strainer/ flour dredger might help me get a better coverage. I will let you know how I get on.
    Sandra, I hope resting your back will cause you relief very soon my lovely xx
    I am home alone until this evening and have been catching up on lots of little jobs, just got the ironing to do then my craft desk will be calling.
    I hope you all have a good day no matter what you are doing. Sending love and hugs to you all with extras for all in need. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I must just say how wonderful it is to be able to comment as usual again. Michele thank you again x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello again
    How’s the back SANDRA I really hope you’re beginning to feel better You too LYNDA and MARIA
    I like your idea SUE It’s worth a try
    I hope to finish a couple of cards later We’ll see how the mojo feels in a bit Maybe I need to eat first So dinner is on the go

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sandra and ladies
    I hope your back has eased a bit Santa. Lovely card today.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello All, very heavy showers here, and very chilly.

    Sandra very sorry to hear that you have a bad back, hope it eases soon.

    Lovely card today not heard of this technique, must have a go.

    Hugs to all, Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Sandra and ladies,
    Sorry to read read you are suffering with you back and laid out in bed, I hope as the day has passed the pain has eased off and you are starting to feel more comfortable. Sending gentle hogs xx
    Your card today is beautiful I have never heard of this technique before, I did go to Jennifer McGuire’s website but could not find it - I will keep looking.
    We have had a busy day today. John has decided to freshen up the big lounge so this morning we went to B&Q to get paint. Found they have a Great offer on until 3rd Nov. Paint 3 tins for the price of 2, a savings of £20 we had intended to get 3 tins anyway as we have the same colour in most of the rooms. This afternoon was spent masking up so we are ready to crack on tomorrow.
    I’ll say goodnight now, sleep well, Love Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete