Monday 28 October 2019

My 'Man' Challenge Card



Good Morning Ladies,

I hope that you have all had an enjoyable weekend, ours was very laid back, we popped out on Saturday to go to Hobbycraft as I was desperate for 300GSM white card, that's the down side of no Ally Pally this year, I didn't get around to re-stocking.  I tend to buy A3 as I can use that for boxes too.  I thought that Hobbycraft were going to be expensive but in actual fact they were a very similar price to shows.  I did order a great bargain deal from Pink Frog Crafts Show on Hochanda on Saturday afternoon too, so I will be fully stocked up for a while.
Do you all have a favourite Brand???
The one I have been buying is from Crafts UK Limited, it has a Blue Band around the card pack with the Union Flag on. I find that it's great for Stamping on, making boxes and card bases too.
I always used to use Centura Pearl and still do occasionally if I get it at a good price, I don't want every box to have a pearl finish though.

Now I am going to admit that I didn't find making a 'Man' card particularly easy this time, I sat thinking about it for hours. I then decided to use of the 'Laminator sheet' Backgrounds that I had made last week and make a Man card featuring Stars, I die cut an aperture into the Soft Suede Card and then added some foam pads around the star on the back of the card.  I added more foam pads to the back and used these to stick my wire to, as I did each wrap around I added 3 more stars.  I then adhered my card front to the 'Early Espresso' card base.  I stamped 'Happy, Birthday, To You' on three seperate stars that I backed with darker card and arranged around the front of my card.
I think that this card would work for a Man, do you?

I do wonder why we find it harder to make cards for men?  I think it might be because we are used to using all things pretty, flowers, butterflies, ribbon and pearls, none of which have a place on most 'Man' cards.  I just don't seem to have many masculine stamps or embellishments.  I spend longer thinking about what I want to do than I do making the card.!

I hope that you all have a lovely week ahead, Karen & Michele I do hope that work goes smoothly today, you will be in my thoughts.

Janet I hope that you make it home in good time my lovely. XXX

Sending love and Hugs to all of you,

Sandra
xxxxxx

6 comments:

  1. Morning Ladies

    Sandra-Love your card, perfect for a man. I tend to use pre cut card blanks from Crafts UK as they’re good quality & usually a good pay. They’re often on a special deal in hobbycraft do I tend to stock up then.

    Can’t say I’m looking forward to going into work today-just hoping the contractors turn up & get started. I’ve been left to “project manage” the refurb which is an added stress I don’t need!

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s a great card for a man SANDRA I struggle with male cards especially if they’re not into sport My choice of card blanks are Crafts UK and when on offer at Hobbycraft I stock up Card to print on is usually from the guy that does the craft shows - is that Limetree I can’t remember now!
    Huge congratulations to JAMIE I bet you haven’t stopped smiling CHERYL
    I hope work is OK today Hopefully it’ll be calmer
    Take care all

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sandra and all in the Cafe today. You have a wonderful card for the men/boys in our lives. Its a great idea to use wire as an alternative to twine, which is all I can ever think to use on the male cards. I’m glad you got your card at Hobbycraft in Swindon. I agree that their pricing is just about the same as online stores now, and they always have half price bargains on offer for one section or another. You can get your online order from them sent to the store for free collection too so you don’t have to miss out on those bargains either, amend there are a lot usually!
    You all made beautiful challenge cards ladies, I have a confession to make. After checking my sent messages I have realised that I didn’t send the two....yes that is two, challenge cards that I made last week. Isn’t that just typical of me!!! Thank you for sharing the suitable C. card that I made earlier this year though my lovely xx
    Lynda, it was great to see some of your holiday photos with your family. You look like you were super relaxed which is just what we wanted to see both you and CU doing. Hope the pain and swollen after effects of the journey home have eased up by now though Xx
    Mum, fingers are very tightly crossed that the meds are starting to take effect by now. Love you xx
    Karen and Michele, hoping work is nicer for you both this week xx
    We are in Devon for a couple more days so I won’t be crafting but there is a new The Range so I will certainly be having a look at the craft section later on today 😀
    Have a good day ladies. Sending love and hugs to you all with extras for all in need. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sandra & all ladies in café,
    Sandra your card is lovely ideal for the men. I always stock up AP because I not doing many cards I am alright at the moment.xxx
    Sue enjoy your few days away. Love you.xxxx
    Janet hope you a good journey home.xxx
    Café is open coffee & tea on ready & lemon cake in cabinet.
    Sending hugs to all love Margaret.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi ladies and to all men who are crafter's out there.
    Great card for a man/boy Sandra. I haven't got much for the men but thinking cap is on. My cards and papers are often bought from Hobbycraft. When buying from AP I did that just before leaving as it get very heavy the bag.
    Congrats to Jamie's graduation Cheryl ! You must be so proud of him.
    I managed to sleep in this morning so this afternoon we had a walk and then coffee in Costa. Now I'm having a little rest before hopefully get some cutting out done.
    I wish you all a nice day. Many hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Sandra and ladies,

    Great male card Sandra. Your design would work for a teenager by just changing the colour, as always you inspiration is brilliant, thank you so much.xx

    Cheryl congratulations to Jamie you must be so proud of him. xx

    Sue enjoy tour break in Devon and shopping in The Range, a great place to shop, you could spend hours in there.

    Sleep well everyone, Love Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete