Wednesday 1 February 2023

Sonia's gorgeous Embossed card

 


Good Morning Ladies, 

We had a lovely sunny day yesterday,  quite mild too which is a welcome bonus, mostly because Milo and Bello like to go in and out all day so we have to keep getting up to let them out and closing the door all the time, so just leaving the door open was so much easier, particularly as Paul was at work all day and I wasn't up for getting up and down all day, Milo is the master of pestering!   

I was pretty much wiped out most of the day after another rough night, I had no idea that a Kidney infection was so painful, I was up either going to loo or checking if I could take more painkillers yet! So fingers crossed the antibiotics will kick in later today  

Today's beautiful card is Sonia's Embossing Challenge card, Oh my goodness I love that background and that Butterfly is stunning.

Sonia's Description:

I used a piece of watercolour card and stamped and heat embossed a Swirl background stamp from Hobbycraft. I then spritzed with water and added some Cosmic Shimmer powders. I blended and added more until I was happy with the result. I wiped off any excess from the embossing. I stamped, heat embossed and die cut the freebie Pink Fresh Studio butterfly from Simply Cards and Papercraft magazine, onto vellum. I coloured it on the back with my ProMarkers. The sentiment is from The Stamp Market. I think this butterfly is my new favourite and will certainly be using it a lot 😊

Those Cosmic shimmer powders give such a lovely effect.  Colouring that butterfly has bought it to life, the simple sentiment lets the butterfly take the limelight. 

Thank you so much for such an inspirational card Sonia, Paul picked the magazine up for me yesterday and I can’t wait to play with it. XXX

I hope that you all have a lovely Wednesday,  

Love and hugs to all of you, 

Sandra                                                                              xxxxxx 


5 comments:

  1. Morning Everyone
    from an extremely wet and windy Sheffield.
    We had high winds all day yesterday which gathered force as we went to bed and it's still as bad this morning.

    I hope you had a better night SANDRA and that the meds kick in.

    I have a busy day today -placing my Tesco order/creating a birthday card for Jim's great Nephew who is going to be 16 next week/looking at my CC/and finally filling my med box for the next two weeks. Well that's the plan.

    HUGS are on their way to you all.Please take care and stay safe xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi everyone
    Gorgeous card Sonia. The background is lovely to that beautiful butterfly. It's one of my favourites too. Must try it on vellum.
    Freezing cold winds outside but managed to hobble for a little walk. Like to do some crafting ,will see how it is later today.
    Sending hugs and well wishes for anyone who need it. Take care all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone
    Thank you for sharing my card 🥰
    Happy you got the magazine too Sandra. The butterfly really is beautiful and I think we’re going to be seeing it quite a lot on here ☺️
    Hope you’re all having a good day
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, cold again.
    Feeling a bit rough after yesterday after my hysteroscopy yesterday. Took longer than usual over an hour, the chair they use is so uncomfortable. Two different biopsy samples this time, no local this time just a little heat pad.

    Sonia,what a beautiful card, the colouring is lovely. That butterfly is great.
    Sandra hope your antibiotics are working, had a call from the surgery to ask me to bring in a sample to check that the infection has cleared up. Been painful again today, hope it’s just the bruising from yesterday.

    Big hugs to all, Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Sandra and ladies,
    Sonia your card is absolutely gorgeous, love the background and the butterfly on vellum adds a perfect finishing touch.
    Sandra hope you have had a better day today and your kidney pains have eased, try and rest, keep warm and drink plenty. xx
    Janet hope you managed to complete all of you tasks today and have had time to relax. xx
    Lilian your hospital treatment yesterday sounds horrible, hope you have been able to rest and relax today. xx
    Take care everyone. Hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete