Tuesday 28 February 2023

Botanical Thrinchie today!

 




🎉🎈 Happy Birthday Janet 🎈🎉


Good Morning Ladies, 

Let's start by wishing our Lovely Janet a VERY Happy Birthday,  I hope that you have an amazing day celebrating my lovely friend XXX 

I had a lovely afternoon in the craft room, I am really enjoying making these Thrinchies,  they are like mini card, actually very much like the ATC's we made once. 

Todays Thrinchie has a background made on the Gelli plate, I added some Distress Oxide to it too, to give a little more colour,  I added some white embossing,  then added a flower and leaf stamped onto watercolour card and coloured with Ecoline pens, I then fussy cut them and added to my background with a bit of white cotton underneath for a bit of texture. I did make a huge boo boo though, I love the texture that adding splats gives but vowed not to bother any more, I took quite some time adding layers of colour to my flower, I stuck it in place, then shook my posca pen to give some splats and a huge splat of white landed on the centre of the flower, obscuring half of it!!! I could have cried,  instead I stamped another and coloured it and layered it over the original, ssshhh don't tell anyone!! 

I hope that you all have a lovely day, 

Janet I look forward to a slice of your Birthday cake, which flavour did you go for??

Love and hugs to all of you, 

Sandra                                                                                  xxxxxx


7 comments:

  1. Hi everyone
    Happy Birthday Janet, I hope you have a lovely day 😘 xx
    I love todays Thrinchie, it’s beautiful 😍
    You’ve inspired me to have a go, and the journal page I wasn’t happy with has now become a couple of Thrinchies 🙂
    A chilly start here this morning, already walked Barney, so I’ll be spending the rest of the day inside in the warm.
    Have a good day everyone whatever you’re doing.
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday Janet I hope you have a lovely day I’m intrigued too which flavour you went for Mine would be a good old fashioned undoctored Victoria Sandwich
    I love your Thrinchie It was such a shame you spoiled the first flower I love the effect Half the time the flicked splats end up on my glass mat and not on the card
    Need to get a Sympathy card in the post today and we’re out early evening to a ballroom class I am so pleased that OH seems to be enjoying it
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Janet, I wish you a lovely day !
    Love your Thrinchie's Sandra and as I said I will have a go when we are back next week.
    I wish you all a nice day but if going out do wrap up warm, think is the Northern wind that's around and it makes you cold to the bones. Many hugs to you all as well, I have plenty to give. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello All, we had sunshine, but it’s clouding over already. Still cold wish it would warm up. Lovely to see the early spring flowers, my camellia has more flowers this year than ever before. All of the daffodils are looking lovely, our council plant loads of them on the verges.
    Sandra love your thrinchies, never tried one of these, but as you say similar to the ATCs we used to make.
    Going to be in my craft room later, going to tidy, before starting this weeks challenge.
    The Dr has prescribed statins for R, hope he gets on with them ok he tried them years ago, but couldn’t tolerate them, but pharmacist has found a different one, so keeping my fingers crossed.

    JANET hope you have a lovely Birthday, with lots of lovely treats.

    Have a good day all, Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  5. Afternoon Everyone
    Thank you all for your Birthday wishes and beautiful cards now standing proudly where I can see them.

    A quiet day before starting the rounds of 24hr tests I have to start at the end of thisweek.
    My choice of cake is my Favourite traditional Choc Cake.

    HUGS and love to you all. Please take care and stay safe.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. 🎂💐🥳
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY JANET
    🥳💐🎂
    Wishing you a lovely day of being spoilt I hope. Yum chocolate cake would be my choice too 🎂 xx
    Sandra, another gorgeous Thrinchie. The flower is so pretty and we wouldn’t have guessed you had to add another layer. How do people get that lovely perfect amount and size of splatter? I certainly can’t but luckily our beige carpet is very forgiving and comes up a treat if it needs to be scrubbed!
    Maria have a lovely break away xx
    Karen, I always wanted to learn to ballroom dance. It looks so elegant, I can just imagine you and hubby gliding around the floor xx
    Once again it is very cold here. It is meant to be warming up next week here but I will believe it when it actually happens. Sending love and hugs. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Sandra and ladies,
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY JANET I hope you have had a lovely day and your family have spoiled you just as you deserve. xxx
    I had an interesting request today, the phone rang late morning it was one of our GPs asking could I do her a favour, she had some second year medical students from St George’s Hospital with her who needed practice talking to patients and as I have complex medical issues she thought I would be able to help. My curiosity got the better of me and I agreed to pop over. The students were lovely asking lots of questions, it was an interesting experience.
    Hope your day has been interesting.
    Hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete