Sunday 5 February 2023

Your Challenge Cards


 Good Sunday Morning Ladies,

The girls asked me to thank you for your lovely birthday wishes yesterday, we had a lovely day baking cakes and relaxing watching those 2 characters enjoying their day.  We went out to a Brazilian Barbecue restaurant for dinner, which the girls loved.  We then came home to try the cakes they made, Lucy made a cake that consisted of baked cheesecake between to sponge layers with caramel and vanilla buttercream in-between, Sophie made a Kinder Beuno Cookie pie, which was a thick chocolate chip cookie pie base and top, filled with Nutella and Kinder chocolate bar pieces, both very rich, you only need a very small slice. 

Let's get to best part of the day........


Your Challenge Cards 

Sonia


Sonia's Description:

I used a piece of watercolour card and stamped and heat embossed a Swirl background stamp from Hobbycraft. I then spritzed with water and added some Cosmic Shimmer powders. I blended and added more until I was happy with the result. I wiped off any excess from the embossing. I stamped, heat embossed and die cut the freebie Pink Fresh Studio butterfly from Simply Cards and Papercraft magazine, onto vellum. I coloured it on the back with my ProMarkers. The sentiment is from The Stamp Market. I think this butterfly is my new favourite and will certainly be using it a lot 😊



Sonia's Description:

Two cards with simple embossing using the Spellbinders snowflake folder.
On the first I’ve used the Kaleidoscope Christmas Tree die set. The sentiment is from The Stamp Market.
On the second card I’ve used the Stylish Merry Christmas die. The little snowflakes are from a Tonic punch.

3 Amazing cards Sonia, that first card is gorgeous,  I love that background  

The second card is stunning,  I love, love, love that sentiment ❤️,  embossing folder is lovely too, I love the tiny bits blue snowflakes, little details like that are what make your cards stand out.  
Thank you so much for 3 incredible cards XXX 

Karen

Karen's Description:

Here’s a blended offering for this week and coincidentally it has heat embossing in the background too!
Inspired by Tracy Evans - she used her crow and slightly different Oxides
Heat embossed script from a freebie with a blend of different DO My most used (favourite) TE Aall and Create stamp #449 and “butterfly” words from #573

Karen I love the bright colours that you have used for this card, the work perfectly with the butterfly, the colours you have used for the butterfly are quite realistic,  it's beautifully coloured too.

Thank you Karen for such a gorgeous Challenge card XXX
Maria

Maria's Description:


Here is my CC for this week. 
Embossing folder by Lisa Horton, coloured in with Distress Inks ,made it sit in some Sand and a Die cut LOVE.

Oh Maria I love your embossed Hyacinth, you have coloured it beautifully too, such a lovely, any occasion card.  Thank you for taking part XXX 


Janet


Janet's Description:

My card for this week is made using a CRAFTER'S COMPANION EFOLDER. This folder is my favourite of the set they released.
The backing paper and resin motif are from my stash of course.

Janet, Wow, what an absolutely gorgeous card, I absolutely love everything about it, the colour scheme obviously is a winner for me, that background is gorgeous, enhanced by those lovely embossed pieces, finished with that pretty die cut heart and resin centrepiece. 
Thank you so much for such a gorgeous Challenge card XXX 
Lilian 

Lilian's Description:

Here is a page from my art journal.  Old elusive images stamp, tied together E/F. Don’t worry if it’s too late. Lilian

Oh Lilian this journal page is stunning, I love the vibrant blue colour, which is enhanced by those beautiful yellow flowers, those harlequin style pieces give the page a real modern twist. All in all its a fantastic page, thank you for inspiring me.
Thank you for taking part, my lovely XXX 

Sue

Sue's Description:

Hi my lovely. I was inspired to use the embossing folder and two of the stamps that came with the latest Simply cards and papercraft issue 240 for my challenge card this week.

Sue what a gorgeous card, beautiful spring colours , I love that daffodil too.  Thank you so much for taking part Sue XXX

*********************

Some absolutely gorgeous cards this week ladies, it looks like you really enjoyed this challenge,  thank you so very much for supporting the challenge each week.  ❤

I hope that you all have a lovely Sunday, 

Love and hugs to all of you, 

Sandra
xxxxxx

6 comments:

  1. Hi everyone
    So many beautiful cards on display today 😍 They’re all lovely.
    Glad you all had a lovely day yesterday. The girls cakes sound delicious.
    Brenda, it was lovely to hear from you. Sounds like you’re being well looked after. Fingers crossed you’ll be home soon. Take care xxx
    A quiet day here, so I shall be crafting and doing some E Learning for work.
    Have a good day everyone
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Everyone
    What a beautiful selection of craftiness this week. All cards each so different and a lovely start to a Sunday morning.

    We had a meet up with Jim's Niece yesterday morning for our usual coffee and catch up and so it was a very quiet afternoon for us. Nothing planned for today.

    HUGS areon their way to you all with loads and loads of extras for BRENDA. Hoping you will be back home soon. Please take care and stay safe.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your day with the girls sounded ideal and those cakes sound delicious
    We had a surprise visit from daughter and grandchildren (my sister in law and husband were already here) so it was a mad panic to hide the tv remote and the biscuit barrel 🤣 They are growing so fast especially Charlie
    It was lovely to hear from you Barbara I hope it’s not too long before you are discharged home
    The cards are beautiful So many different techniques on display
    We have beautiful sunshine I expect it to be freezing cold but hope to do something outside for a change
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning everyone
    Wonderful CC's ladies. I love them. 💖
    Sonia, great cards for x-mas.
    Karen, love the colours.
    Janet,such a pretty card.
    Lilian, beautiful card.
    Sue, love your pretty daffodils. We have an area where they coming out early every year and it makes you feel like spring is on its way.
    Quiet morning here,not going anywhere. Need to tidy up the craft table once again, I'm such a messy crafter 🤭
    Glad the girls had a nice birthday, your puddings sound nice 🙂
    Brenda, thinking of you. Hope you back home soon x
    Have a nice day everyone. Many hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello everyone, sunshine at the moment, still cold , maybe it’s just me.
    Lovely lot of cards today. All so different in our individual styles.
    I have so many cards made, that I thought it was time I got back to my art journal.
    Brenda, hope all is going OK, and that you will be home soon.
    Sounds as though you had a lovely day yesterday with the girls, the cakes sound fantastic.
    Karen, lovely all your family with you.
    Hugs to all, Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Sandra and ladies,
    THANK YOU LADIES FOR your get well wishes, it’s lovely having such a supportive group of ‘very special’ friends, you really do make a difference. 😘❤️xx
    Sound like the girls had a great birthday. Those cakes sound delicious.
    What a great selection of challenge cards today. I know I’ve said it before but the inspiration you all add to this brilliant blog is amazing.
    Today had been very busy, I thought being Sunday the day would drag, pleased to say I was wrong. Mornings are always a hive of activity here and after lunch its visiting time and that was lovely. Daughter and son in law drove up from Essex and of course John came, he then came back again for evening visiting. I keep saying stay home and rest, but he won’t have it. Fortunately from where we live it’s only four bus stops to the hospital, so he is here in no time.
    I hope everyone has had a good day, take care and sleep well.
    Love Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete