Thursday 2 February 2023

A stunning Mixed Media card from Karen

 


Good Morning Ladies,

Another lovely mild and sunny day here yesterday,  I think its going to be into double figures at the weekend!! Woohoo!!  

I feel like I really need a trip out, to get some fresh air, I went into garden yesterday to look at the Snowdrops,  it's the little things that make a difference to the day that make a life better.  The daffodils and tulips are pushing their way up now the frost and ice have gone too. 

I received this absolutely amazing card in the post from Karen yesterday...

Karen's Description:

I tried  a Tracy inspired snippet video which could also be another for this week’s challenge 

Dragged Vintage Photo and Wilted Violet down Kraft card Stamped and white heat embossed on right hand side #542 and the crocus #624 layered up on top of messy white cotton.

Karen, it's amazing how simply dragging an ink pad down a card could create such a fantastic background!! The stamped and embossed detail is balanced perfectly with the cotton behind the Crocus.  You must have been so pleased with how it turned out. 

Thank you so much,  it really did make my day when I opened it my lovely XXX 

I hope that you all have an amazing Thursday, 

Love and hugs to all of you,

Sandra                                                                                  xxxxxx 


8 comments:

  1. Thank you for showing my card I like Tracy’s Snippet videos They’re not too long and elaborate
    I am amazed at how good and quick the post has been over the last week or so
    I need to finish a card this afternoon for my sister in law to use Michele kindly cut the pieces out for me and again the turnaround was very quick - thank you Michele
    Might go dancing this evening
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looks like my comment didn’t publish yesterday I wanted to say how gorgeous your card was Sonia It certainly looks like it will be a go to die

      Delete
  2. Hi everyone
    I love the card made by our Karen. It's beautiful x
    Lilian, sending you gentle hugs, hope you feel better soon.
    Sitting in IKEA for a little brunch before going over to Tesco for a top up, the fridge look a bit bare. Hoping to make some crafting done this afternoon. Never got anything done yesterday. The walk we did was enough and rest of the day was spent laying down Infront of the Tv.
    Have a nice day as possible everyone and take care. Many hugs to you all xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone
    Karen, your card is so beautiful 😍 I love the idea of dragging the ink pad over the card, you’ve really inspired me ☺️
    I didn’t realise Tracey did snippet videos, I’ll have to look into them.
    A bit cooler here today, and was trying to rain earlier. I bet your garden will look lovely Sandra, once all the Spring flowers come up.
    Lilian, I hope you’re ok. Take it easy xx
    Have a good rest of the day everyone
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sandra and all looking in today.
    Wow, Karen your card is fabulous. I love that crocus, it is so full and rounded, just beautiful. I like the idea of dragging ink pads down the card. I will try that. Thank you for sharing your lovely card. I hope you are feeling better and better each day xx
    Sandra, I have everything crossed that these meds are starting to do the job for you my lovely. It brightens your day when you see a beautiful blue sky doesn’t it and to see those wonderful snowdrops opening up gives you a lift doesn’t it 🥰 Keep resting and taking lots of water xx
    Lilian, I hope you are feeling less uncomfortable now and that your result comes back clear xx
    Brenda, I’m glad you are listening to your body and getting lots of rest xx
    Sonia, your butterfly card yesterday is beautiful. I wish I could use pixie powders and get a result like yours. The background stamp is so delicate. I might have to have a look for it. Thank you fir sharing your card xx
    Janet, I hope you have managed to get all of your jobs done today xx
    Maria, have you managed to get any crafting done today? It’s so annoying when you can only do one thing then have to spend the remainder of the day
    resting isn’t it. Take it easy xx
    We have had a as quiet day as both Chris and I felt rough this morning. Both of us are feeing better now so I’m going to my craft desk when I have finished here. Have a good evening. Sending hugs to all. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Sandra and ladies,
    Karen I love your card, the Crocus looks as if you have just pick it from your garden, it's beautiful.
    Spent the day on SDEC (hospital) tests X-rays and scans. By 4.30pm one of the doctors came and said we are keeping you in. Within no time I was in CCU. Not sure how long I will be here, the consultant was talking about valve replacement. But as I understand that operation is done at King's College or Saint Georges hospital Tooting. I'm sure someone will inform me at some point.
    Hope you have all had a good day, take care, hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to hear this Brenda. Hope you’re ok. Thinking of you and sending love and hugs xxx

      Delete
    2. Thinking of you Brenda and sending gentle hugs xx

      Delete