Wednesday 8 February 2023

One of my Favourite old cards



Good Morning Ladies, 

We were treated to another beautiful day yesterday,  it was chilly, the back garden stayed frozen where the sun didn't reach but just seeing the sun was treat!  
The girls wanted to go to Hobbycraft so that Lucy could look for a new Hobby,  they wanted to to go with them for a girls day out, I wasn't sure after day at hospital yesterday but didn't want to disappoint them so I went along.   I do love our little trips out, the girls have a wicked sense of humour so we always have a giggle.
Is anyone else like me in thinking that Hobbycraft has totally moved away from papercrafting?  They had loads of sewing machines,  the sewing/Haberdashery has now taken the area that had all papercrafting stuff. Definitely more sewing and cake making, then wedding,  celebration/party decoration stuff. Thdme papercraft stuff they did have was related to Cricut.  There were a few card/envelope packs, adhesives etc. 
Lucy chose an Embroidery kit, she bought a little kit that came with a instruction video and basic bits to get started.   We had some lunch out and then I asked them if they wanted to look in a big Cancer Research charity shop that was in same area, they weren't keen but my goodness when we got in there they were buzzing with excitement, Lucy couldn't believe the books were 2 for £1, so she picked a few out, Sophie found herself a 'Disco Beer Glass ' it was new,  she couldn't wait to wash it and fill it with juice when we got home.  
We had a lovely afternoon but boy was I exhausted when we got home.  😴 

Today's card is one of my favourite cards that I have made, I made it in 2018 for Lucy for her birthday, I love the colours and the layout, it hasn't really dated to be honest.  I hope you don't mind me sharing it again! 

I hope you all have a lovely day,

Love and hugs,

Sandra
xxxxxx


4 comments:

  1. It is a lovely card No wonder it’s a favourite I agree about Hobbycraft Our local one is full of Cricut items including the presses, sublimation printers etc and all of the consumables including mugs to be able to use sublimation prints on
    My young crafting friend Nicki loves her Cricut and working with vinyl Funnily enough she’s coming over this afternoon with her little girl So I doubt any crafting will be done 🤣 I hope Lucy enjoys her new hobby Cross-stitch I can manage but embroidery? Not really
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning everyone
    This is a lovely card so no wonder it is a favourite and I'm glad you are showing it again for it is well worth it.
    Our Hobbycraft is very sad in the paper craft department. Loads of things if you are a knitter or doing crocheting and everything if you have a Cricut. The baking area in our shop has also grown.
    It's a beautiful day but I have things to do in the house so don't think it be any walking for me today. Know what you mean with the pain in your legs Sue for knees, hips, hands, shoulders and back is just waiting for the warmer weather.
    Take care everyone and I'm thinking of you all who are not too well. Many hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone
    Love your beautiful card. It hasn’t dated at all, and it’s lovely to go back and share older cards again ☺️
    Our Hobbycraft is the same - very little papercrafting goodies 😕
    Another lovely sunny day, but it was so cold this morning with a hard frost.
    I’ve got a couple of days off now, as I’m working at the weekend. Will be spending some time crafting 😊
    Hope you’re all having a good day
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, it’s so cold, having a job to keep warm even with the central heating on.

    Lovely card again today , love seeing cards we haven’t seen for a while while.
    Started fussy cutting some bird pictures, not sure what I’m going to do with them yet.
    Hugs to all, hope you all had a good day. Lilian

    ReplyDelete