Tuesday 21 February 2023

My Valentine card for Paul

 



Good Tuesday Morning Ladies,

I hope that today finds you well, I was delighted yesterday as I got my first line of washing dry outside this year!!! Oh what a difference it makes, I could have sniffed those towels for a good hour, they just have the smell of freshness!  I did need to tumble dry them to finish them off, but it took 10 minutes rather than an hour!  The sun was shining all day too, it feels so nice having windows open too!  I am easily pleased !!

Todays card is the card I made for Paul for Valentines day, now it is a simple design but it took me ages as I had to reverse stamp one of the sheep and then reverse die cut it, what a palava that was, I ended up die cutting the sheep first, I then stamped the image onto a blank stamp block (which is like a big rectangle photopolymer stamp), which I managed to place onto my stamp platform, I needed to do this because after several attempts inking once just wasn't enough as you are stamping onto something to stamp again, after I had stamped the sheep clearly I carefully placed the reverse of the die cut sheep onto the reverse stamped image and the gently rubbed over the back of the die cut, I did say a little prayer as I lifted the die cut off, hoping that the image had stamped properly, this was about the 8th attempt, I was at that point where if it hadn't of worked this time I would have hurled the stamp across my craft room and asked girls to take a card shop!  I added some grass underneath and some hearts to symbolise love, the sentiment was a concoction of different dies.  I did write a nice verse inside, but decided to go for a fun card this year!  It made him smile, so had the desired effect! 

I hope that you all have a lovely day, I will be starting my challenge projects today,

Love and hugs to all of you

Sandra                                                                                                                                              xxxxxx

7 comments:

  1. Hi everyone
    A great Valentine’s card, such a lovely idea 😊
    I’ve never tried reverse stamping before, not sure I’d have had as much patience as you 😉
    Sounds like you had better weather than us yesterday, the sun didn’t appear until late afternoon, and then it didn’t last long. Another grey, cloudy start here again today.
    Will definitely be crafting today as I got sidetracked yesterday ☺️
    Have a lovely day everyone whatever you’re doing.
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning everyone
    SANDRA I love love your sheep.They are so cute and look so cuddly.

    I eventually made contact with the surgery yesterday morning after hanging on for 45mins. The bonus was for a change the receptionist was very good and I had a call back from a Dr before 11.00. I haven't seen or talked to this Dr but she was really kind, patient and organised some appointments while I was still on the line. I'm still waiting for some tests to come from the hospital I have to do at home.

    HUGS are winging their way to youall. Please take care and stay safe.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is amazing I hadn’t realised that you had had to reverse stamp the image I thought you had a pair of stamps Very very effective
    My consultation went OK I suppose It felt a bit odd having a telephone conversation I didn’t get a chance to ask any of my questions because she spoke quite quickly and kept asking me questions So felt a bit bamboozled by it all I hope to email/contact the hospital today
    It’s a grey looking day here but at least it looks like the wind has dropped
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello all, it’s been cold and dark all day here.
    Glad you had some sunshine Sandra. Fantastic card, I’ve tried to do reverse stamping with my gel plate, absolutely useless. I was sure I saw someone doing it on tv. I forgot all about Valentine’s Day, not that we ever give each other cards, never have done in 58 yrs.
    Not started my challenge yet, not sure what I’m going to do for this week, I have lots of stamping up sets that I haven’t used much, so it will be one of those.
    Will have a browse through Pinterest to see what I fancy.
    Hope you all have a good evening, hugs to all, Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi everyone
    Fantastic valentine's card.
    Have seen reversed stamping being done but never made it myself. Possible CC......
    Cold day, did pop into town today and couldn't get warm this afternoon so sat under a blanket and drank tea and Option's.
    Making the dinner now so best get on. Many hugs to you all, Maria xxx.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sandra and all looking in this evening.
    What a lovely comical card. Well done you on the reverse stamping. “That will do” is definitely not in your vocabulary is it. Your perseverance paid off as both sheep look as good as each other. Like Maria I have seen it done but never tried it myself…..yet! Lucky you getting the towels dried outside. That natural smell of fresh air and sunshine is one of the best scents there is I think 🥰 xx
    Janet, it’s good to hear that you didn’t have to do battle with that nasty receptionist and that the doctor you spoke to was helpful xx
    Karen, sorry you didn’t get the chance to ask the doctor the questions you had during the phone consult yesterday. I hope you get the answers soon. That is the beauty of email isn’t it, hopefully xx
    Have a nice evening everyone. Sending hugs. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Sandra and ladies,
    Lovely card you made for Paul, the reverse stamping is brilliant, I tried it a long time ago and was pleased with the results, but had totally forgotten about it, so a big thank you for sharing this card with us and reminded me of the technique.
    I was taken out to lunch today with friends even had door to door chauffeur service (great friends looking out for me) it was my first treat since getting out of hospital, so an extra special treat. It was lovely spending time and chatting with everyone.
    I hope you have all had a good day.
    Goodnight, Sleep well Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete