Saturday 25 February 2023

Mixed Up Saturday

 



Good Saturday Morning Ladies, 

Today is forecast to be cloudy, yesterday we had torrential rain and lights on one minute, bright sunshine, lights off the next!!  At times the rain was virtually horizontal!!  The river has once again burst its banks and flooded the fields beside it. 

We have a ridiculously early start to the day today as we are taking Becca & Adam to Gatwick for their very long flight to Bali, I do hope they have an amazing time, I have advised Becca to be careful what she eats as she is prone to tummy upsets!  I'm sure it will be tha amazing experience they are hoping for. 


Lucy 's Welcome Home sign for Flynn 

Lucy is more confident using my Scan & Cut than I am, I think they don't have the fear of messing up that we have, she had it all done in about half hour that included deciding on the size and finding the Anchor symbol to cut out too. We then stapled it to a piece of lace  *it was only thing I had to hand that was wide enough to staple letters too*.  Flynn had a huge smile on his face when he saw it, so it was worth the effort.

Diecutting Essentials Issue 101



Issue 101 comes with a Moonstone (Hunkydory)Die Set, I has a striplet style die with a separate cutting edge, it also has shaped border die.  There is some great inspiration too. 



Some lovely card ideas using the free dies, some lovely shaped/fancy folds.  


This months Technique Showcase focuses on die cutting flowers out of white card and then colouring them with Distress ink.

Back to Basics: Different ways of using circle dies to create some fun designs.




Amy shares some colourful ideas for using up the waste from your die cutting or uour 'bit box' . The ideas look quite effective,  I would never thought of Embossing them.


Some pretty cards & Gift bags made with the free dies, including a different idea using the die cut inked up piece to create a distressed image for a card.




This feature shares ideas for shaker cards using different dies you may have in your stash. 



Sharon has created some lovely shaped cards featuring the free dies, one idea uses the strip die as a stencil.  

This issue has some great ideas and inspiration, if I'm honest I doubt I will use the free die set, mainly because I have SW striplet dies in my stash that I don't use, but you never know the inspiration might encourage me to pick it up.   Trouble is I have so many simple background ideas buzzing round my mind I can't think of anything else. 

I hope that you all have a lovely Saturday,  

Love and hugs to all of you,

Sandra
xxxxxx 


No comments:

Post a Comment