Friday 17 February 2023

Our Next Challenge

 

Good Friday Morning Ladies, 

Janet I hope you are ok, we have really missed you this week. This place is just not the same without your smiling face 😍.  I hope that you are on the mend my lovely,  sending love and warm, gentle hugs X❤X

I have decided to be a bit rebellious Ladies, I did some research on alternative effective treatment for recurring Uti's, I read two different studies where women were treated under clinical conditions, some given placebo others were given a regime of Cranberry Supplements   Garlic &Parsley seed oil capsules, L-argininne (amino acid), Magnesium, Evening Primrose and a probiotic tablet.  The exact measures and dosage were listed too. So I ordered the above after calling my sister who has many certificates for courses on homeopathic remedies,  I wanted to check with her that none of them would cause harm or exacerbate my heart conditions etc, she said that they were a naturally occurring plant extracts etc so should be fine.  The cranberry and Amino Acid smooth the lining of the bladder making it harder for Ecoli to adhere, while the Garlic and parsley work as an antiseptic to rid the body of any existing bad bacteria.  The probiotic will repair and replenish the good bacteria that 4 months of antibiotics have stripped away.  At this pointbI feel I have nothing to lose.  I am wondering if this is the alternative treatment that the Doctor was talking about on Wednesday?!.  

Our Next Challenge 

I wanted to suggest a challenge that would getting us using our stash, maybe a favourite product or technique or a stamp and die set that you have yet to use!  I wanted it to be a challenge that got you using your craft stash items more than once, we have all bought a stamp or die to make a card we saw and loved and never picked it up again.  

So I want you to choose something from your stash and use it more than once, try using it in different ways, so that you are getting good value from our stamps, inks, pens, dies etc.


You can pick  a 'Brand' or Company of products for example 'Aall&Create,  Pink Frog, Tracey Hey, Stamperia, Stampin Up etc, use their products throughout the two weeks of the challenge.   

Or

You could choose a certain stamp & die set and use it a couple different ways, for a card and a journal page or a bookmark,  or even different styles of cards.  Its up to you. 

For instance I might use my Aall&Create stamps to make some Thrinchies, inspired by our Karen. 

I hope you enjoy the challenge and the fact that you are using your stash rather than it being a one trick pony!! 


Have a fantastic Friday my lovelies,

Love and hugs to all of you,

Sandra xxx






5 comments:

  1. Great idea for a challenge I have a few (ahem!) items that I haven’t used let alone more than once! And a few favourites that get used the same old way
    Sorry to hear you’re unwell Janet Take care and get better soon
    You are right, it is definitely worth trying anything and everything for your recurring UTI’s I cannot imagine how exhausted you must get both physically, mentally and emotionally
    I am so looking forward to seeing you Sue and Maria tomorrow It is such a shame that everyone can’t make it My bag is already packed with a project for us to do It’ll challenge you a little but I hope you enjoy it Fingers crossed it won’t rain coz I have to get a bus to Watford this time
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning everyone
    I'm sure if I look through my "stuff" I will find a few things I haven't used yet so a good challenge.
    So sorry to hear you are not well Janet, wishing you better. Take care.
    Sending extra hugs to the ones who need some. Missing friends, hoping you soon join us again one day.
    Bad morning here but have taken some pain meds so hoping to feel more myself this afternoon. Looking forward to tomorrow.
    Many hugs to you all, Maria xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone
    Really looking forward to this challenge, a fabulous idea 😊
    Janet, thinking of you, I hope you’re soon feeling better xx
    Fingers crossed these supplements work, you’ve got nothing to lose 🥰
    Maria, hope you’re ok and the pain meds have helped xx
    Karen, I can’t wait to see what project you have in store for tomorrow. I so wish I could be there with you all xx
    Have a good rest of the day everyone
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Sandra and ladies,
    I have several die sets still in the packaging, also have some items that have only seen the light of day once. So if I can find my mojo I have no excuses for not doing the next challenge.
    I will be with you in spirit tomorrow when you go to Watford, John suggested he came with me on train, but I just don’t think I could get through the day, I would be exhausted. Also the direct train I used to get isn’t running anymore, it would mean several changes , bus then walk to the underground then an overground train. Fingers crossed next time you all meet up the service might be reinstated 🤞. Enjoy your day everyone.xxx
    Time to go and check out what my assistant cook is up to in the kitchen! It only bangers and mash so don’t think he can do anything wrong.
    Take care everyone, Hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry late again, I just simply forget, hope you all had a good day, next weeks challenge seems good will have to have a good rummage.
    You won’t believe it but I have spent the day looking for my acrylic paint, they are in bottles so they can’t just disappear, in consequence not finished my challenge for this week. Will try and do something tomorrow.
    Good night all, Lilian

    ReplyDelete