Wednesday 15 February 2023

I tried the Delft Technique

 



Good Wednesday Morning Ladies, 

I hope today finds you well,  I also hope that you have been treated to the same glorious sunshine as we have, its so much nicer and easier to put colours together in the natural sunlight that streams through my craft room window.  

I thought I would try something different for today's card, so after a brief browse on pin I decided to have a go at the 'Delft' or 'Tile' technique,  I  started by cutting my card to 5 x 4 inch, a little smaller than usual so it worked out for scoring equally. I then scored at 1 inch intervals across the card, rotate and repeat.  I then placed it in my stamp tool with debossed side facing up, so the bumpy side of Embossing down, I then  stamped the floral spray from the stamp set I bought on Facebook marketplace for £5 !! 


I stamped the large floral spray in Navy ink,  the stamping misses the voids made by the embossing giving the effect of tiles.  I stamped and fussy cut the Hummingbird and added into the sentiment strip, I added a tiny diamante for his eye. 
Now I did another piece before this one and covered with Versamark and clear embossing powder and heat set, to try and give effect of ceramic (glazed) tile, but I didn't think it looked as good as the unglazed one.  I went with blue as it reminded me of the huge blue and white plates my Nan had on her shelves in the kitchen. 

I hope that you all have a lovely day,

Love and hugs to all of you, 

Sandra
xxxxxx 


6 comments:

  1. What a lovely technique It looks very effective I must try it
    Looking after Oscar was great fun but tiring So today is a potter about day! I have an echo diagnostic test this afternoon as well
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi everyone
    Love your card and that technique, it’s beautiful 😍
    My Nan used to have blue and white plates too, so I think I know the ones you mean 😊
    Hope everyone is keeping well and have a good day whatever you’re doing.
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning all
    Beautiful card, a technique I like to try.
    Sending many hugs to you all and wishes for a nice day.
    We are going out for lunch with SIL and OH cousin about 90 minutes drive from home so I best get ready.
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, it’s dry now but very chilly, perhaps it’s just me, I’m always cold these days.
    Sandra love your card, very effective technique, the stamp set you have used, is the very first stamping up, I still love it, had forgotten all about it. Will have to see if I can use the bird this week.
    Have spent all morning die cutting flowers and birds out of water colour card, so will start to colour them in a moment. Trying to think what sort of background paper to use.
    Hope your day is going ok, Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sandra and all looking in tonight.
    I love your card. What a great technique which I keep coming across but forget to try. I also love that stamp, it is really beautiful xx
    I loved opening the curtains and seeing the sunshine flooding into the house from a beautiful blue sky. It makes everyone feel so much brighter so lots more days like today would be great ☀️☀️☀️
    Sleep well everyone. Sending hugs to you all. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Sandra and everyone,
    I love your card today Sandra, I have never seen the tile effect before, I will certainly be giving this a go. Thank you for your inspiration. xx
    Today I thought that I should try and push myself and do some chores. I went through the freezer emptying each draw and sorting out the contents, washing each draw before putt it back, then made some bolognaise and packaged it into boxes (2 portion size) when it was cold dated it and put into freezer. We then had lunch, after which I was went to bed for a nap - waking up after 5.30. That was some nap. Hope I can sleep tonight.
    I hope you have all had a good day.
    Good night - sweet dreams, Brenda xx

    ReplyDelete