Tuesday 15 October 2024

Trying new things....

 


Good Morning Ladies,  

Wl yesterday was wet cold and miserable, my feet didn't get warm all day!  I think i need some warm thermal slippers, I struggle with slippers though because they have rubber grippy stuff on the bottom, because I don't lift my leg like you would it kind of drags as I hitch it forward,  grippy shoes make that so much harder and usually results in my tripping over!  So I need to find something that has a bit of a glide surface!  Ooh the problems!!! Eh!!! 🤣😂😅

I tried something new yesterday!  I wanted to fully watercolour a piece for a journal page, I told myself it was going to be a journal page before I started so that I didn't get hung up on it being 'perfect' 

I saw this style piece on Pinterest by Copy cat crafts,  I basically stamped the images from SU 'remarkable you' stamp set, then heat embossed with clear embossing powder.  I then washed over my background with a wet brush and added yellow paint from my Koi watercolour set, I kept building the yellow until i thought it looked OK (although its by no means perfect) I let it dry for a bit then I set on with colouring the leaves and then onto the flowers, I did this a layer at a time, allowing the paint to dry in-between layers.  Now I will confess to a 'happy accident'  as I dropped my paint brush down tiny red spatters went across my card,  rather than getting disheartened I embraced it and added a few more and then a few black splatters too!          Finally I found this sentiment and thought it fit the piece perfectly!! 

So the moral of today's post, try something new,  don't stress about it, just have a go and enjoy it. !

Have a great day, 

Love and hugs to all,

Sandra xxx


2 comments:

  1. It’s beautiful and I love the happy accident
    Josie from Crafting with Josie seems to heat emboss and watercolour images all of the time I will keep practicing!
    Off to Knit and Natter at John Lewis now Although we’re doing similar at Craftea it’s an entirely different dynamic!
    Then out to lunch with a couple of girlfriends from Salsa
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello All, wet again, we had torrential rain last night, shall be so glad to have some dry days.

    Sandra, love your card, especially the background. As you know I don’t do the white spatters, but your coloured ones look really good.
    I started a tag last week, but when I went to look for it this afternoon it can’t be found. Wish I was more organised.
    Hugs to all Lilian

    ReplyDelete