Wednesday 2 October 2024

Covering up a Mess up !!

 



Good Wednesday Morning Ladies, 

October certainly bought us the Autumnal weather,  we even put the heating on!   It wasn't forecast to be cold but the damp air from all the rain just made it feel so cold.  Fear not it's not on full time,  just as we need it, it's mainly for the bedrooms and bathroom, the girls spend most evenings up there so don't benefit from the Log burner.  We can't be allowing the tenants to suffer, they both have big heated throws as well.  I am tempted to get one of those for myself.

Now onto today's card, I made landscape version of this card last week at the same time I made this one, I made this one first but wanted to show the whole stamped image.  I didn't want to waste this version though so I put it to one side while I made the other one.  I finished the other card and went on to mount this one onto a card base etc                    So i added adhesive to the back of this card and popped it onto a black card base, as I went to gently press it down to make sure it was fully adhered.....  this happened...

 

I used Versafine Clair ink and understand that it stays wet for a bit longer for the purposes of Embossing but it was left to dry for a good 1/2 hour while I made the other card, so I really didn't expect for it to be still wet !!  Lesson learned.!!                      Any crafter will know how devastating it is to mess up the whole card at the last minute 😔  If you look closely you can see that I tried to erase the smudged ink but that ended making it worse by lifting the top layer of the card.  So frustrating 😫  but I still didn't want to bin my work as the ink blending had taken ages.   So I thought for a moment and then decided to add another sentiment on a tag or label to cover the mess up.   I didn't want to use a white piece of card for the background to be stamped on as I thought it would look too stark.  So I used the same Distress Inks and blended them onto a scrap of white card, I then stamped the sentiment on it after making sure the Distress ink was dry,  so to make sure that the smudging didn't happen again I decided to emboss this one with clear embossing powder.  I then used an oval die and matching scalloped layer to die cut the sentiment,  using black card as the scalloped layer to match the base card.  I mean it isn't perfect, but I definitely think it has rescued the card from going in the bin.               So if you are in the same situation, just have a think about possible ways of  saving your work.  


These are both the cards made using that same silhouette stamp. 

I hope that you all have a good Wednesday,   we are off Wedding dress shopping today 😄😍

Sending my love and hugs to all of you, 

Sandra xxx 



3 comments:

  1. Good luck with the wedding dress shopping- take plenty of tissues!
    Your card is lovely- you’d never know that it was a doctored one
    Nothing much planned for today Bowling season is over and so no roll up I ordered some knitting yarn yesterday and am now itching to get started A friend’s son (his partner!) is expecting twin girls next month
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's happened to me too many times to mention! I actually prefer the finished card after you're rescued it. Matching the sentiment background to the card like that was a genius idea. It makes it stand out without being overpowering. I love the colour blend - I think I need a bit more practice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone.
    It's wonderful to see you hear Janet, hope you are alright and enjoying a cup of tea with us. Would you like a cake with that ?😉What a genius idea Sandra to save your card. It is beautiful and I love the colour's. Have fun going dress shopping ,hope Rebecca find something she like. Has she some idea how she want the dress to look like. I sometimes just for fun when I do other things watching , Say yes to the dress, so many beautiful gowns.
    I've spent hours today yo get my folders done, why aren't the magnetic sheets more sturdier when you get them ? Putting cardboard from cereals on the back is so boring when all you want to do is craft. Raining again hard today so not been anywhere but hoping going out somewhere tomorrow.
    Have a nice day everyone. Hugs, Maria xx

    ReplyDelete