Saturday 12 October 2024

Mixed Up Saturday

 


Good Saturday Morning My Lovely Friends,  

Thank goodness its the weekend,  I know it doesn't make too much difference to most of us, for me it means that I get to spend quality time with Paul,  which is like the best treat ever 😀 ❤️                          We have no real plans, I think we are both mentally and physically exhausted with the recent news, I hadn't realised how much Paul was affected until we spoke about it yesterday, he had picked up the consultant's manner seeming to emphasise the cancer diagnosis more than the other options too.   We sometimes forget that those we see as our rock or main support are as affected as we are.  I am do incredibly lucky to have him ❤️ 


Lucy's Northern Lights photos 






We were all so excited to finally be able to get some photos of it, Lucy's phone camera is so much better than the the rest if us have, even she was surprised.  I particularly love the ones that have the trees in silhouette.   Well done Lucy 🥰😍😘

Karen


Karen was looking for Anniversary gifts for her Daughter & Son in Law on Etsy and saw something very similar to the photo above,  like me Karen leaves the gift shopping a bit last minute so after realising that if she ordered it it wouldn't arrive on time!  So Karen decided to have a go at making it herself,  which means you can add extra special touches that have more meaning to Charlotte & Martin.  How can it be a year already !! 

Karen's Description:

We saw a gift on Etsy that we’d have liked to have bought for Charlotte and Martin’s first wedding anniversary (paper) but like always we’re too last minute.com So decided to have a try I could find a suitable bottle with a cork and needed it quickly So bought the jar and some floristry wire from Hobbycraft 

Printed a sheet of cream card (from their wedding stationery) with the word Marriage and the sentiment matches the fonts used on their stationary. 

Karen you are so clever,  your gift is so thoughtful and those special little touches make such a difference.  Thank you so much for allowing me to share it today xxx

Creative Stamping Magazine 

Issue 140




IndigoBlu are the designers of the free gifts for this months edition.  There are a lovely mix of traditional and contemporary stamps in this set, the stencil is lovely and very versatile.   The papers are amazing quality and so can be inked and stencilled on, here are a few of them.....




These are just a few, you can use them as a whole background or just a piece! 




 Sarah has made these lovely projects using the free stencil with some distress inks to create the background for all of them.  I love how the modern looking distress inked background mixes so well with the traditional style Christmas stamps.



Now Glynis has gone for a real traditional look for her cards, using gold embossing to some special highlightss to the cards.  The fussy cutting and colouring are really inspiring  







Shadow Stamping is the Technique that Vanessa has used to create these lovely project.  These cards are great because they look like they have dimension due to the drop shadow but are in fact totally flat!  I zoomed in on the technique for you.  I have tried this technique before, I did it in my stamp platform and just shifted the card a fraction to the right and down,  literally just a couple mm! 




Helen has used the free "Downloadable' papers to create these Pastel coloured Christmas cards,  the different colour way gives the cards a more modern look.  





From subtle Pastels to super bright and blocky!!      Laura gives us a 'Beginners ' guide to using Colour Blocking to create these amazing cards, I am definitely going to be trying this technique!  It looks like most of the detailed patterns are made by using narrow washi tape, as shown in that little 'How to' box above.  Other cards have used Stencils to add the colours.
I love the bright and cheerful designs on all of these cards.  





Sarah has used all different mediums to create these fantastic mixed media cards, from gilding flakes to twigs from the garden, hessian ribbon and tissue paper, all things we have in our stash that can be stamped on or used to add texture and tone to your cards. 



Lastly Ashley has used the free stamps to create these quick cards that are perfect for a last minute make or for batch making.  The stamped and coloured images have been added to some fun, quick and simple background techniques.  

All in all I am really pleased with this magazine,  it has really imspired me to try some different techniques.  
*******************


I hope that you all have a lovely weekend,  

Love & Hugs to all of you,

Sandra xxx 



2 comments:

  1. I totally get today’s saying 🤣
    Thank you for your lovely comments on my little gift I made I probably spent 3 times more on buying stuff than the cost of the gift we saw on Etsy! I hope they like it I cannot believe that they have been married for a year
    The magazine looks lovely I am tempted to buy it after your review
    Lucy’s photos are wonderful especially the silhouette of the trees I missed seeing them yet again! Our daughter took some beautiful photos too
    Our turn to clean the Bowls Club this weekend (Whoop whoop!) and we have a 50th birthday party tonight - I must finish her card!
    Take care everyone

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, that message is so fitting, quite often i take a card to send, and then swap it for another, as I like it too much to give away, that’s why I am going to do tags.
    Karen your gift for your daughter is lovely, clever you.
    Been busy making stock for the freezer, during the summer I freeze all my chicken bones ready to make stock, also made a huge lot soup for the freezer.

    Hope you all have a lovely Saturday, Lilian

    ReplyDelete