Wednesday 9 October 2024

TICTACTOE project 2

 


Good Wednesday Morning Ladies, 

Just a quickie today, as I am writing this its 7.15pm and I'm still waiting for the GP to call with my test results, believe me this is some kind of torture,  I think anxiety is under rated as an illness, mibe has me feeling absolutely terrible today, every minute has felt like an hour!  

I couldn't think straight enough to make a card so I am sticking with my theme of  tags, this one uses categories:  Flower/Stamping/tag 

I used my new French Garden stamp from Tim Holtz.  I added Seedless Preserves and Rustic Wilderness to my mixed media mat and spritzed with water, I then took a tag that I cut from Mixed Media card (Dolly Dimples I think) amd smooshed it into the ink, dried it and added a few more layers, drying in between certainly makes a difference.  When I was happy with the background I dried it thoroughly and then stamped the flower and the other text/script stamps from the set.  I then added some splatters, the brush I used must have been used with Mica sprays last as the Seedless preserves splatters definitely have a sparkle too them! 🤣         To finish I simply added a piece of green seam binding from my stash.  

I guess tags are a great way to experiment with colour and a good way of familiarising yourself with how a stamp set stamps,  for example when i did a test stamp with this flower I used Archival Black soot, the image was way too dark and the lines seemed too harsh, so I switched to Versafine Clair and it was much better,  so I might start a journal of tags and add notes like that for future reference.  

I hope the rain isn't causing too many issues where you are, stay safe and dry my lovelies,  

Love and hugs to all of you, 

Sandra xxx


4 comments:

  1. Your tag is lovely and a great idea to keep a journal of techniques etc that work and don’t work I’m doing something similar with Tracy Evans Snippets for inky background ideas She’s on number 83 I think and I have done 19!
    After the torrential rain yesterday it looks like being a dry day I have never seen storms like it!
    One of the ladies from Craftea has started a Knit and Natter in a local cafe So I am giving that a try today Apparently there’s another craft group already there and won’t let anyone join it So it will be interesting to see their faces when we turn up! It will be a laugh and hopefully a decent cup of coffee too
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi everyone
    Beautiful tag and lovely colours and stamp .
    Karen, have fun at the K&N. Love to see what you are making.
    Lilian, hope you feeling better.
    Georgina, thinking of you.
    Brenda, being back home must be so nice. It's always so busy in the hospital and you seemed to have had some colourful ladies with you on the ward 🤭
    Going out for a bit this morning. Dry at the moment but the rain coming back this afternoon so then hopefully it will be crafting and not sleeping. Wishing you all a nice day. Take t. Many hugs to you all, Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sandra and all looking in. This is a beautiful tag. I love the flower, is it a peony? Whatever, it is gorgeous. Pink and green are always great together aren’t they xx
    I keep thinking I must start a techniques type journal but I struggle just getting cards done. I hope once Pops house is sold I will have a bit more time to myself.
    Sleep well all. Take care. Love Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry, late again.
    Sandra I love your tag, I’m really hooked on doing tags, I have so many cards made already, so don’t need any more. I am hoping to make a tag book with mine.
    It’s late so I’ll say goodnight, hugs to all Lilian

    ReplyDelete