Sunday 6 October 2024

Our Projects this week

 





Good Sunday Morning Ladies,

A lovely sunny day here yesterday,  we got a good bit of weeding and harvesting done in the vegetable garden, there is nothing more satisfying than pulling a nettle and getting the whole root!! ๐Ÿ˜€  We picked a good lot of carrots, the last of the beans, some more Kale to freeze for smoothies and for eating and some lovely corn cobs for last nights dinner.   I think today will be watching Paul pruning back some overgrown shrubs. 

Lets look at what you have been making this week..

Lilian 


Lilian's Description:  


Here is my tag for this week, not quite autumnal but I thought it would be ok.

I used the stamps, from Tim Holtz, French Garden, I really love this set.
Coloured with the distress water colour pencils, which at the moment is my favourite colouring medium.
I am hoping to make a tag book when I have done quite a few more.
The idea for this one is one I saw on Utube , called words and pictures, she does wonderful colouring with inks and sprays.

Oh Lilian such a beautifully coloured Tag, like you I absolutely love the French Garden stamp set, I will definitely have a look at that YouTube channel for some inspiration.  
Thank you so much for such an inspirational piece, I hope you are having a lovely weekend celebrating your birthday with your family XXX

Maria 


Maria's Description:

My card this week is using the same stamps from the old stamping magazine that I used on the last card and Tim's inks. Hope you like it.

Maria I love it, it perfectly represents Autumn,  I love your blended background, the colours are stunning and beautifully blended.  I really like that Tree stamp too, you could use it for any season by just adding more foliage! 
Thank you so very much for supporting the challenge, I really do appreciate it XXX

Sue 


Sue has used a combination of techniques to create her Autumn card, starting with that lovely Gilding Flake background,  then we have the wood effect layer, which looks like a piece of decorative paper but could be stamped or embossed card.  Then to finish the card Sue has dit cut a branch and a LOT of tiny leaves all individually coloured in Autumn shades!  
The overall effect is so lovely,  it must have taken ages!  
Thank you Sue for making time to create a lovely Autumnal card.  XXX

Karen 


Karen's Description:

Another card and I have used all “old stuff”
I found the embossed piece of card - I think you might have given it to me because I haven’t got that folder!
A Phill Martin sentiment embossed in gold (rarely used until this last week) on vellum - forget to use it 
And I used my tearing rulers - never really use them but Josie reminded us how effective tearing is. 

Ooh Karen that background is lovely,  it's not one of mine,  I really love that embossing folder though๐Ÿ˜
With a background that lovely you need very little else as it needs to be the hero of your card!   I have that Poppy die somewhere though, works well with  the Autumn theme.  
Now, those tearing rulers give such a fantastic finish to your 'torn vellum ',  I think I might 'need,' them๐Ÿคฃ  The trouble is you start off okay, you are gaining confidence by the time you get to the centre of your tear but then it all goes wrong at that last bit,  I'll start off with a A5 piece of vellum and end up with a postage stamp ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿคฃ
Thank you so much for such an inspirational card my lovely XXX 

*******************
I hope that you all enjoy the rest of the weekend,  

Sending my love & hugs to all of you,
.
Sandra
xxxxxx


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful autumnal cards ladies
    I wish I knew where I got that piece of embossed card because I love that folder too All I did to enhance it was gently rub gilding wax over the top
    I will use the tearing rulers more often because like you say, Sandra, tearing it freehand I end up with a postage stamp! ๐Ÿคฃ I love the white edge it creates on vellum too
    OH is off to Chelsea later today so my opportunity to have a curry!
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sandra and all looking in. Gorgeous cards from yourself Sandra, Karen and Maria and a stunning tag from Lilian which has been perfectly coloured. Not thing new but I forgot to say that the wood effect background was made with an embossing folder which is quite small but nice and deep. I gently rubbed a sandy coloured ink pad, over the embossed card. The branches are old spellbinder ones and a variety of leaf dies which I used on a piece of card that I blended with a mixture of greens yellows, oranges, reds and browns ink pads. Myself, Chris , Gem and Gary are off to 34to do more packing, in fact I do more writing and organising so the others do the physical work. Have a good day. Take care. Love Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone.
    Love all the Autumn cards today. So many wonderful colours ❤️
    Lilian, your tag is gorgeous. Lovely idea to make an album.
    Karen, love that leaf die too. We have to hunt it down, we'll see who find it first ๐Ÿ˜‰
    Sue, such a pretty card. Have not used gilding flakes for a long time as it always goes everywhere when I use it ๐Ÿ˜
    I have been thinking of making the card you showed us yesterday but like Sue I'm hopeless with inches so thanks to mentioning Alexa, she will be busy helping me out tomorrow ๐Ÿ˜Š
    OH had flu and covid injections this morning and then we did a shop at Lidl. We got there little later than normal and the carpark was nearly full and the shop was so busy, it was crazy !
    Brenda, how thoughtful is your grandson, so sweet. He will have a fabulous trip across Europe. He's doing something that I always wished I done but was to chicken to do. I asked OH if you could do it some years ago but I just got a stern "No way" back ๐Ÿคฃ
    Lilian , hope you had a lovely time with the family. Shame it's rainning again and it's chilly too so heating is on low and the fleecy has come out again.
    Sending you all love and hugs, have a nice evening. Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, it’s surprising how quickly the dark evenings are coming in, I really like the long summery evenings, and really dislike the dark.

    Lovely cards today, all so different but really inspiring. Hope to follow your tutorial after my trip to see the gynaecologist tomorrow. It’s for hyperplasia and a biopsy, which is quite painful, but only for a short time, hoping this will be the last time. Always painful for a few days so a good excuse to craft to take my mind off it.

    Hope everyone had a nice weekend, we had a lovely time with our daughter, but they went back this morning, time just flew by. It will be Christmas when they next come down.
    Happy crafting, Lilian

    ReplyDelete