Thursday 3 October 2024

Embossed Autumn piece

 




Good Morning Ladies, 

Well what an emotional experience yesterday was, I am biased but Becca looked beautiful in every dress she tried on, I am sure this is the case in most Bridal shops but the dress she loved was nothing close to what she had in mind, she was looking at very fitted plain, no glitter, lace or tulle,  the very lady dress she tried was heavily embroidered leaves & vines that trailed down the beautiful bodice and top part of the skirt section, it looked stunning the little dropped sleeves made the look, when they tucked the long veil into her hair my heart about broke.  I think she almost felt like it was the 'one' but she wants to try others first just to be sure.  I wasn't aware that you have to pay a fee to book a viewing these days £25 !! 

Now onto today's Autumn project,  I don't think I am going to make it into a card, a lovely lady called Janet that very kindly found me a TH stamp I was looking for) suggested I used it as a journal cover, which hadn't occurrd to me, I think its a great idea.  Janet designs & makes journals and has a shop on Etsy, so she has an eye for these things.                       So it started out as a piece of watercolour card, I added Ground Espresso Archival ink to an embossing folder using a brayer , spritzed my card with water and then ran it through the machine 3 times (to ensure good coverage), I took it out of folder and added clear embossing powder to the dark brown background, I placed the piece into a box and added different Autumnal shades of Distress Mica stain, there was green, red, orange & yellow shades but its hard to pick out individual colours,  I did spritz with water too to get the colours to move.  


It kind of looks like metal or coloured leather up close.  
I am going to have another go using different colours and maybe try to keep one colour in one area, which isn't easy with a spray.  It's definitely fun though,  you could add mica powders to water or to any non sparkly coloured spray you may have in your stash. 

Hospital today, Upper GI clinic this afternoon,  annoyingly the duct isn't flared up at the moment but hopefully they can give me an idea of what it could be. 
I hope that you all have a good day too, 

Love & hugs to all of you, 

Sandra xxx 



4 comments:

  1. I love your piece and I can definitely see it being a journal cover
    I’m glad you had a lovely day with BECCA I couldn’t believe that you have to pay for a visit either but they usually refund it if you buy from there
    Good luck at the hospital today and hope you get some results
    I have to get a couple of cards made today but they’re not Autumn related
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, hope your hospital appointment went/ going well, and you get some answers at last.

    Love your piece, would make a great art journal cover or a junk journal. I have made my piece for Sunday, early as my daughter is coming for the weekend. It’s lovely to see them, as I don’t see my son very often, very busy with family life.
    Glad you enjoyed looking at wedding dresses, I remember how emotional I felt. We didn’t have to pay anything, the small shops were much better than the big concerns, found they tried to persuade her to buy a dress that really didn’t suit her and cost a lot more.
    The sun is shining today, but it’s going to change by the weekend, so jigsaw time again.
    Hope you are all ok, have a good afternoon. Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone
    A wonderful piece of card. Will look great as a cover as for me it looks like leather. I love it ❤️
    Understand it must have been very moving seeing your daughter in a wedding dress and she must look stunning in every one she tried on.
    Good luck with the search 😃 Hope that the hospital went alright.
    It's been a lovely sunny day today so we went out this morning for a coffee, it was meant to be a walk too but back/ hips are worse again so didn't be much of that. 🫤
    Lilian, how nice that your daughter coming for the weekend. Are they staying with you or are they in a hotel nearby ? Love to get to Cornwall again one day.
    Brenda, thinking of you. Hoping you are home again.
    Extra hugs to anyone who need some. Hope your day been good ladies. Take care. Hugs to you all, Maria xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi everyone
    Love your card today, it’s stunning 😍 Your previous cards this week have been beautiful too.
    I’m so happy you had a lovely time yesterday, I can imagine how emotional it must’ve been. Happy to hear that Becca may have found the one ☺️
    Been thinking of you today with your hospital appointment xx
    Hope everyone is keeping well
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete