Monday 21 October 2024

Our Craft Shopping

 




Good Monday Morning Ladies, 

What a wet & wild day yesterday was, the wind & rain didn't give up all day.  Luckily it didn't hamper our day.  Let's face it nothing comes between a girl and her craft shopping.

The show was small which was a bonus for me getting round, it was busy when we arrived but quietens down after lunch,  which us when we got most of our shopping done.  

I didn't get many things from my list,  there was no A3 card white 300gsm,  no decent double sided tape, the low tack tape I did see seemed expensive,  I also wanted another temporary adhesive glue runner for my stamps that don't like to stick to my block, but no joy there either.  There was only one stand out of 22 that had Distress inks, so no good prices to be had, I think the days of 'show day bargains ' are a thing of the past.  I got some lovely things, mostly from The Art of Craft,  I wanted to have a go at one of the layered stencils, so I picked a Lisa Horton one that comes with a die and embossing folder, the lady that owns the shop said that she created all of the samples (which were amazing) without using the tool that is made for them, so I took the plunge. The John Lockwood die looked lovely on the samples as did the woodware stamp.  

I will share Maria & Sue's shopping when I get both of their photos, it was so lovely to catch up x 

I am looking forward to playing with my new things, it may have to wait though as I didn't think I would struggle so much physically as I did on  Sunday, maybe to the last weeks 'issues'  I was drained.  

I hope that you all had a good weekend, 

Love & hugs to all of you,

Sandra xxx




5 comments:

  1. Hello, grey skies but dry at the moment, washing out not sure it will dry much.
    Glad you had a good day at the show yesterday.
    Shopping looks really good, those Tim Holtz stamps look really good, I love his stamps.

    Ironing this morning and then after lunch some crafting.
    Hope you all have a good day. You will need to have some rest to get over the show.
    Karen if you would like me to die cut some of the large tags give me a shout, maybe you already have some.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your shopping looks great I can’t wait to see how you get along with the Lisa Horton stencils etc I think you just have to be a little bit more faffy lining them up but my way ceroworks with the Sizzix ones I have
    Looking forward to seeing Sue’s and Marie’s
    Thank you for the offer Lilian but I have a tag die and funnily enough I have a couple of luggage tags too Just need to sit myself down and use them!
    Craftea was good - a bit fraught at the beginning but that’s another story
    Good to see yo’re still able to get to Knit and Natter Janet
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone
    Hopefully you are not in too much pain after yesterday's outing but for me it was worth it to get together and have a catch up live 🤗. I didn't have such a good night so taking it slowly but have done two washing machines and hanged it up indoors, don't trust that's it not going to rain because the clouds are very grey.
    Have just now emptied my bag and added up the cost 🤭 plus I did order my basket by Temu oops
    😂 Depends now if OH wants to have a happy wife or ....😉
    Hope you all have a nice day and taking care. Hugs to you all, Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sandra and all looking in today.
    Sorry I didn’t comment yesterday. I’m not sure why as I had seen Karen’s lovely card. Lilian your tag is beautiful, I love everything about it.
    It was great to spend the day with you Sandra. I’m still in bed as my body is not happy but that’s the price we pay for having a day out isn’t it! And I know you will be paying the price too my lovely!
    You got some lovely goodies and I can’t wait to see what you create with them xx
    Maria, kit was great to spend time with you. And glad to hear you enjoyed your dinner last night xx
    My shopping is at the bottom of your post today I see. I took the pic. and sent it to you before I forgot!
    I’m looking forward to playing with my new dies. The pine cones and pretty foliage die set was an impulse buy at the show after seeing some beautiful examples on display, that is part of the enjoyment of going to a show that you don’t get when looking online. And the sentiment one I liked when it was released a while ago and knew it will be very useful.
    The DO’s are ones that I needed and I also needed to restock my mirri and shiny cardstock ready for making my Christmas cards, it’s the one time of year that I use all of the shiny and bright stash 🥰
    Brenda, I hope you aren’t too tired after having family around xx
    Lilian, I hope your back is a bit easier today xx
    I hope you all are having a good day. Take care. Love Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very late hello from me, it’s been one of those days OH wanted some questions answered online, but of course he doesn’t do online - so I have been his secretary for most of the day! Think he was satisfied with the results. Anyway it’s all sorted now…… fingers crossed 🤞
    Great shopping Sandra and Sue I’m sure you will both enjoy using your new craft goodies.
    I’m off to bed now, up early in the morning because I’m off to the Royal Marsden for a PET scan, so nothing to eat before I go, I can have sips of water and usually have hot water it seems a more satisfying drink.
    Hope you all have a good nights sleep.
    Take care, Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete