Thursday 17 October 2024

Layered Plaid Christmas

 


Good Wednesday Morning Ladies, 

Rain Rain go away, come again another day!   We've had more than enough rain for this month, it's so miserable,  having to have the lights on in the morning, my craft desk is under a window which is great for getting good natural light but not for the past week or so, we all no how important decent daylight is for putting colours together.   Luckily I have a daylight lamp which helps. I thought the weather was improving this week,  it is getting warmer but not drier!   

Now onto today's card, I will be honest and say that I wasn't sure about the colour of the background of this card to start with but as I added the sentiment and embellishments it kind of grew on me.  I only really use black when stamping!  

So I took my Layered Plaid die and used it to cut both Black Mirror card and that lovely red velvet card from pink frog and layered them together, I 'hmmmed' and haaah'd for a while and cut the plaid in another colour way,  I decided to be determined and make my original choice work.       I placed my die cut piece onto a white card base and built up the card from there, I tried a couple of different sentiments in different colours, I decided on the 'Peace ' die and thought that the matt gold card worked best, so to tie that into the card I added a matt of the gold card under the sentiment strip and a couple of bits of it in the foliage sprays above below the sentiment.  The sentiment strip looked a little bare so I added the little extra sentiment below the 'peace' die cut.  


I tried to capture the shine of the mirror card here! 

Die Cut/ Foliage/ Sparkle & Shine 

I hope that the rain doesn't affect any of you today, 

Love & Hugs to all of you,

Sandra xxx 

5 comments:

  1. I love your card and the colour way is beautiful
    The weather is dry here and dare I say it - a bit of sunshine too
    I’m still knitting like crazy but I do need to make a couple of cards too if I can find space on my desk to sit and do it
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi everyone
    Love the card Sandra and the colours are perfect together.
    After a night of rain we now have a chilly morning and a tiny bit of sunshine trying to come through.
    Will try to get some crafting in before we going to see " Chicago" at the theatre and then going out for dinner.
    Have a nice day everyone and hugs for you all, Maria xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. H Sandra and all looking in. A lovely card. I don’t realise to start with that the background was made using a die. That red velvet card is gorgeous isn’t it, it works just about everywhere, I love it. I must get out my larger sentiment dues and stamps as I have seen several Christmas cards using them this year especially after seeing how well yours works on the card. I would be lost without my daylight bulb. It really makes such a difference to your crafting dies t it. I remember often having to scrap cards that I had put together in the evening thinking the colours worked then seeing them in the morning and realising they didn’t. A daylight build is a necessity I think.
    I’m still feeling rough so another day in bed. I just wish my temp would go down, the aches I can cope with. Still worth having the boosters though I think.
    Have a good night everyone. Take care. Love Sue.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maria, I hope you enjoy Chicago and dinner out xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,
    Love your card, the colours work really well together.
    Haven’t done much today, been try out my new tearing rulers, the are surprisingly easy to use, going to use them on my next tag.
    Maria hope you had a good time and a lovely dinner.
    Goodnight everyone, Lilian

    ReplyDelete