Sunday 10 September 2023

Your Shaped challenge cards

 




Good Sunday Morning Ladies,

I hope that today finds you all well,  sending hugs to those of you that need one.  🤗 

We started our journey home yesterday,  we made good time and got to our hotel earlier than we normally do, so we got to spend 3 lovely hours by the pool, it was 31° so Paul was very ready for a swim, so I sat and in the shade and read my book.

We were anxious to get internet so we could get news from Sophie who is in Marrakech at the moment,  she is safe but there hotel has some quite big areas of damage but it has remained open apart the bar and restaurant.  They haven't been given any updates as yet which I think is realy bad!  Soph has promised to keep me updating. 

Now lets have a look at what you have been making.....

Sue's cards are above xxx

Your Challenge Cards 

Sonia 



Sonia's Description:

Card 1: This is a pre cut card base (it’s quite small) and think it was from Craftwork Cards - I’ve had them years! I stamped a Gummiapan background stamp, added the Sizzix die cut frame and Gummiapan dragonfly. The sentiment is from The Stamp Market.


Card 2:  I know it doesn’t look it, but it is actually a card….had a nightmare trying to photograph it standing up 🙄 I’ve used Sue Wilson’s Provence die set from the French collection. Used the largest die to make card shape, and layered the rest, using pretty patterned card from my stash. I’ve added the Gummiapan dragonfly.

Two gorgeous cards Sonia, lovely ways to use that gorgeous Dragonfly die too, two totally different styles both equally incredible XXX

Karen







Karen's Description:

Here’s a fancy fold card which I found on Pinterest by a lady called Susie Her version is the yellow
My version is pink/purple using A Touch of Ink stamp with DO and Clarity Stamp papers Indian Summer.  
It has a sort of latch rather than a belly band.

Love this new fold with the 'latch' closure, I am definitely going to give this one a go.  Love those clarity papers too!  
Thanks for taking part my lovely XXX 


Lilian 


An absolutely Z fold card from Our Lilian, using her new Tim Holtz stamps, I have to say I love it in blue too! 
Thank you so much for taking part Lilian XXX 

Maria 


Maria's Description:

I managed to get a card together and have used papers that I bought from you.

My different shaped card is made with a nice dark pink paper with different pattern. Made some SW flowers and a type of garland in green.  

Can't remember what its called this shape but sure you do 😊

Such a gorgeous card Maria, I love that shade of pink 😍 Those panels aren't easy to line up but you have don't it perfectly!  Thank you so for taking part my lovely XXX 


******************

A lovely display of different shaped cards this week my lovelies,  some gorgeous colours too 😍  

Thank you to all of you for taking part XXX 

I hope you all have a lovely Sunday,

Love and hugs to all of you, 

Sandra                                                                    xxxxxx 


6 comments:

  1. Once again, you ladies have made some beautiful card
    I hope the rest of your trip home runs smoothly Sandra and you have news from Sophie soon
    As I write this we are on our way to Harefield Hospital for the annual Fun Run which we submit a team called Team Gary It will definitely be a slow walk in this heat!
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi everyone
    Lovely selection of beautiful cards. The fancy folds are wonderful.
    Glad you made good time to your first stop, and were able to relax.
    Hope Sophie is ok, keep us updated with any news 🥰
    Karen, good luck today.
    Taking James to Dorset a little later than originally planned. I’m so looking forward to seeing Teddy ☺️
    Have a good day everyone
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maria, just read about your Dad. I hope he’s ok. Sending hugs xx

      Delete
  3. Hi Sandra and all looking in.
    I’m glad to hear that you have spoken to Sophie this morning. Wishing you a safe journey my lovely xx
    Thank you for your beautiful challenge cards ladies. I love the different shapes you have all used.
    Karen I would like to have a go at your card fold. Haven’t seen that style before. I hope the fun run/walk goes well xx
    Maria, I hope you get good news about your Dad. Sending you hugs xx
    It is so hot and humid here today, even hotter than yesterday which went up to 36.5 degrees! I hope you all have a good day. Take care . Love Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi everyone
    All beautiful different shaped cards. I too like to know your locking system Karen. Hope the fun run/ slow walk went well.
    Dad is left in hospital. Probably can get some answers tomorrow. Mum is keeping me updated.
    Hanged the washing out this morning, probably was dry after a few hours but we went to Frost and on the way home the sky went black.back home I ran out to the back to take the washing in and just got a few pegs off when the sky opened up and I got completely soaked so I have now left the rest for later.😊
    Hope you have a nice day everyone. Take care xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Sandra and everyone,
    I hope you have all had a good Sunday, mine has been very quiet daughters phoned - also I played a little with my alcohol inks (they are so versatile ) the results are different depending on the paper you use. So a very relaxing afternoon really.
    Love your lovely different shaped cards ladies each one is so gorgeous and inspiring.
    Sandra hope your return journey is going well. I’m sure you will both be pleased to get back home safely see the family are all safe and well. xx
    Take care everyone.
    Goodnight, Sleep well, love Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete