Sunday 17 September 2023

Your Shaped Card Challenge projects

 





Good Sunday Morning Ladies,

Well day 1 went ok, not as much moved as Paul hoped, mostly because matt couldn't make it, Lucy was an absolute Star though.  I couldn't even pick my legs up last night, I was packing from 8am to after 9pm.  Thank heavens for painkillers, although I am warey of what I take while my liver is fragile.

Sophie had a better day yesterday,  she managed some scrambled egg at lunchtime and noodles and chicken broth for tea, we went to pharmacist and he explained that they don't recommend things like immodium anymore in cases where there could be bacteria as you could be preventing the bacteria from exiting your body, so he suggested rehydration drinks and light diet, he thinks it was possibly the change in diet, I think that they forgot about not having ice in drinks and they used taps to clean their teeth too.  So that could be the cause.

 Your Challenge Projects 

Lilian 


Lilian's Description:

Here is my card for this week

Old spellbinders fancy ovals, indigo blue stamp and stencil. I used thin wash of luscious powders mixed with water then stencilled with peeled paint oxide ink. Stamp is also coloured with luscious powders. 
Sorry the base is a bit uneven, just could not get it to lie flat.

Oh Lilian what a gorgeous card, those Grand Oval dies used to be my favourite dies, I love how you have used them to make an Easel card, such a brilliant idea.
Thank you so much for taking part my lovely XXX 

***********

Thank you Sue for choosing this last challenge,  there have been so lovely cards over the past 2 weeks.  XXX 

I hope that you all have a lovely Sunday, 

Love and hugs to all of you,

Sandra 
xxxxxx


Sonia 



Sonia's Description:

A box card I made for my Mum to give my Dad on their Golden Wedding Anniversary. The Star dies are from Memory Box and the bottle and glasses from Crafters Companion. The ‘with love’ die is from Spellbinders and stamped sentiment from Creative Expressions (an old Sue Wilson stamp set I think)

WoW Sonia what a stunning 'pop up box" Those star die cuts are gorgeous and really make the card.  Your mum must have been blown away when she saw it,  your Dad too when he opened it. 
Thank you so much for sharing it XXX


5 comments:

  1. Hi everyone
    Love your card Lilian, a wonderful way to use the pretty dies 😍
    I hope you had a good nights sleep Sandra, and today goes well with the rest of the moving 🥰
    Glad to hear Sophie is feeling better too.
    Not got anything planned today, just having a quiet one.
    Have a good day everyone whatever you’re doing
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi everyone
    Lovely card from our Lilian, love that stamp you have used.
    wow Sonia, I love the pop up box . Have tried a few times to make them but without much luck. It's beautiful x
    Sorry I didn't send one this week. Have one half-made done on the desk so you might get to see it soon.
    Hope the move is going well Sandra and very good to hear that Sophie is feeling better. She will need a holiday...
    A quiet day here. OH went to football yesterday so doesn't want to go anywhere today. Looking nice outside with a nip in the air but might do some gardening, just a bit of tidy up and see some catch up on planner.
    Have a lovely day everyone. Look after yourself. Many hugs to you all, Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely cards Lilian and Sonia
    I forget to use dies especially pretty ones as card bases and that star die looks a great addition to have
    I’m sorry I didn’t do one this week I just haven’t wanted to do any card making the last few days
    Gina - I forgot to mention how beautiful your New Home card yesterday It’s amazing
    I hope you get on OK today SANDRA and it’s lovely to hear that Sophie is getting better I hadn’t realised chemists/pharmacists aren’t recommending Imodium these days
    The hen-do was great fun The girls did her proud
    I’m having a relaxing day today

    ReplyDelete
  4. Evening everyone, Sandra do hope the move went well today and that you’re not too tired.
    Sonia great card, that star die is great, suits many occasions.

    Raining all day here, fortunately no thunder and lightning, as I’m afraid of it. Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Sandra and everyone,
    Sandra hope the move went well and you are able to relax in your new home. It will take time to adjust to your new surroundings, I just hope you are able to relax and enjoy family time. xx
    Lilian your card is lovely. Sonia I hope Mum and Dad loved the card you made for them, it is really lovely, a real keepsake. xx
    Hope you have all had a good weekend and sending best wishes for next week.
    Love Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete