Monday 11 September 2023

Sue's star shaped card

 


Good Monday Morning Ladies, 

We had a long driving day yesterday, about 7 hours with toilet stops and our long lunch stop, boy was it hot, it didn't dip below 34 the whole day, which was quite a shock when you open the door of the car after having the air conditioning on!  I feel like we will pay the price for the continuous Air conditioning in car and hotel but in this heat there is no choice, its unbearable without it.  

Today we have the last part of our journey from Orleans to Calais, we are hoping Paris won't be too chaotic, that can make such a difference to the journey. We also have the M20, M25 & M4 to navigate too, on the plus side Lucy is cooking us a delicious dinner for when we get home, Salmon with sone lovely vegetables 😋, such a treat after a couple days of plain restaurant food.  

Today's card :

Sue's Description:

I used a variety of different star dies to make this card. The white base card star was cut using the third largest die from Creative Craft Products Nestables Stars die set which I covered with a pale purple paper from my stash. I then cut the 6th largest die using the white card again. 4 different sized stars from my unnamed die stash cut in white and a slightly darker purple paper randomly placed. And to finish with a little bow topped with 2 small stars and a little sentiment. I hope you like this card. Love Sue xx

Absolutely love your star card Sue, love the combination of all different size stars,  love that pretty bow and tag as finishing touch too.

Thank you for another inspiring card my lovely XXX 

I hope you all have a great start to the week, 

Love and hugs to all of you,

Sandra                                                                    xxxxxx 


5 comments:

  1. Clever concept Very pretty I hope the rest of your journey goes smoothly
    No crafting for me over the weekend My craft room/office is like a sweat box I’m practically working in the dark at the moment with the curtains drawn
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi everyone
    Beautiful card Sue. Like the starshape.
    Not sure if I have time to make CC this week but will try. We are going away down to Bournemouth for three nights from tomorrow for a little break.
    My dad going to have his pacemaker changed so that might been the problem, who knows.
    Lilian, have your family gone home now ? Is it getting a bit quieter down Cornwall
    Sonia, hope you had a great weekend.
    Janet, hope you are alright ?
    Sandra, nearly home. Have a good journey the rest of the way.
    Going to the busstation soon to drop OH ex to go home and we continue in to city to pick up my glasses. After that I'm just going to put my feet up for the evening.
    Have a good day everyone. Many hugs to you all xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Sandra and everyone,
    Sue I Love your card and the colours you have used, it really is so very different. Thank you so much for sharing.
    Sandra you must be home by now, bet the meal Sophie made for you was delicious, what a thoughtful young lady she is, you will be pleased to be sleeping in your own bed tonight, relax and enjoy. xx
    Maria hope your dad is OK. My mum had a pacemaker it made quite a lot of difference to her quality of life.
    Had a busy day hospital appointment this morning followed a while later by an INR appointment. Came back home had lunch then sat down and fell asleep for an hour and half!
    Hope your day has been much more enjoyable, take care and sleep well. Goodnight Love Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH Sorry - I got the twins mixed up LUCY made the delicious meal. Sorry girls xx

      Delete
  4. Hi, dull but gradually getting cooler, thank goodness.

    Sorry I missed yesterday, always a bit down when my daughter goes home. Loved all the cards, each so different.

    Sue great card today for today, might have to use that idea if you don’t mind.

    Sandra glad you are home safely.
    Good night all , Lilian

    ReplyDelete