Friday 22 September 2023

A New Challenge

 



Good Friday Morning Ladies,

We are back at Manor Lodge today, moving the last few bits and things like garden pots etc, getting cleaning done ready to hand back. So a full on exhausting day ahead,  more for Paul than myself, Soph is coming help too, which is a real bonus.  

Todays card was made purely so that I could use up that little piece of background,  it was a DO blend that I stamped a background stamp over in VersaMark and heat set, the photo doesn't do it justice it is so pretty in real life, it would make a lovely book mark, had I punched a home and added some ribbon or thread through. 

Maria's Idea Challenge 

Maria had a lovely idea for a challenge over in our chat group. 

It was a 'Freestyle' Challenge,  so you could make a card using your favourite product or technique,  or maybe try something new or just share something that you have made.

As always I look forward to seeing wht you create, this one is fun as I have no idea what to expect when I open your messages!! 

Thanks Maria for a lovely idea XXX

Lilian I hope that your back is a little easier today my lovely so that you can sit and enjoy some crafting time XXX

Sending my love and hugs to all of you, 

Sandra xxx


5 comments:

  1. Hi everyone from a sunny MK. Glad it stopped raining at last.
    Belated anniversary wishes for our Sonia and Mark, hope you had a lovely day 😊
    Lilian, I feel for you. It's the same with me so understand. No fun is it to go through every day in pain.😕
    The card yesterday was beautiful, couldn't believe it was 7 years ago. Today's card is lovely and looking a bit regal. Very nice.
    Hope you all like the challenge for the next two weeks. Don't have to be just cards.🥰
    OH is taking me to Frost this morning, yes we love it there 🤭 I have a doctor's appointment this afternoon but hopefully can do some crafting in-between.
    Have a beautiful day everyone , take care if not 💯 %. Many hugs to you all, Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card I really like that technique of gold embossing on top of a blended background
    Diabetic eye exam earlier today I need to get a proper sight test done as the quick one I do at this test showed how bad my sight is in my left eye - the one I injured Will get results of photographs taken today in a few weeks
    Good luck with the last bits at Manor Lodge
    I hope you’re feeling better today Lilian and you get on OK at the doctors MARIA
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello all, well autumn has really arrived, it’s so cold. Spent all morning making a big pot of chicken soup, takes ages chopping all the veg and making the stock.

    Sandra your card is very different, but stunningly beautiful in its simplicity. Love the gold embossing.
    Hope you have had a productive day at your old house, and you haven’t made your selves too tired.
    Waiting for your new address, when you have time.

    Hope you all have a pleasant evening, I have spent the afternoon researching Pinterest to get some ideas. Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi everyone
    Love your card and the colours - the gold embossing is stunning.
    Great challenge for the next 2 weeks Maria 😊
    Hope you got on well today back at Manor Lodge, hope you’re not too exhausted.
    Maria, hope the doctors appointment went well.
    Lilian, hope you’re feel a bit better today.
    Have a good evening everyone
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Sandra and everyone,
    Gorgeous card Sandra, it is stunning in its simplicity. It looks so elegant, the red and gold together look so rich. I absolutely love it.
    Hope your day has not been to exhausting, great Sophie is able to help.
    Great challenges Maria, hope my mojo will kick in and I can get some ideas .
    Today has been one of those days when you take one step forward and two steps backward, if I said frustrating it would be an understatement. Tried to send a package to my sister via Everi. Tesco along the main road usually take them for collection. The assistant said something like they couldn’t take any packages as the had got a card ( not sure what that means) but not to be beaten I thought the shop over the road takes Everi ….. they are closed for holidays. After several attempts to drop it off I ended up bringing it back home. Will have to try again next week.
    Have a good weekend everyone.
    Hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete