Friday 29 September 2023

Throwback Festive Friday

 


Good Friday Morning Ladies, 

Well the drama continues in the Riley Household !!!! Lucy has been really poorly all week, cold & Flu symptoms plus really achy body,  then yesterday afternoon Soph mentioned that she had started to feel a bit rough, she was cold all day and felt a bit rough, aftet we came home they both did a Covid test and both of them tested positive!!  I have spent a lot of 1 to 1 time with both of them this week, I tested last night and at the moment I'm negative, thank goodness 😅,  Please me get through this weekend before I get anything that's going to increase my pain 🙏

I felt like I had been robbed and scammed yesterday, I paid out £276 to have our carpets "Professionally Washed" we have 2 carpets down stairs and 4 bedrooms upstairs then the hall and stairs!  He basically had a Rug Doctor  (like the ones you hire from supermarkets"  evidently he didn't pretreat any of the stains on the carpets,  just went straight into washing,  it was hard to tell without walking on the wet carpets how good a job he'd done, however Sue was helping me out again and her car was blocking his exit, she looked at the upstairs carpets and went straight out to him, explaining that he had not removed marks from the carpet in Lucy's bedroom,  he switched off his van and went up and individually treated the stains, it wasn't until after he had gone that I noticed the marks were still on the lounge carpet.!  

I sat outside and had a little cry as I was so frustrated with myself for booking such  cowboy!!

Today's card was from 6 years ago, I had forgotten all about that lovely die set, the doilly around the sentiment is lovely too, 

Here is the description:

I decided to make a Christmas card for my challenge card this week, I have been hoarding this paper for a few weeks now waiting for the 'right' project, once I ran a few ideas through my mind I knew this was the one!

The paper is from SU 'Merry Little Christmas' designer series paper collection, the sentiment is from "Snowflake Sentiments" the border die is 'Swirly Snowflake' thinlits. 

I stamped my sentiment and die cut it using the 'Lots of Labels' dies, I then cut a black label to make it stand out from the background. I die cut the border in Whisper White and added the detail layer in black, I added a piece of the Striped black and white wired ribbon, then a piece of Whisper White ribbon with Silver edge, which I topped with a bow, I trimmed the bow with a black Snowflake that I made shiny by pressing it into Versamark and adding clear Embossing Powder. 

All of this I mounted onto a white base card with a mat of black and Whisper White card. I finished the card with some little black gem stones.

Karen I hope you had a lovely meal out celebrating your retirement xxx

I hope that you all have a great Friday,

Love & hugs to all, 

Sandra xxx





4 comments:

  1. I hope Lucy and Sophie get better soon and fingers crossed you don’t come down with it
    How frustrating about the carpets Don’t blame yourself you weren’t to know It’s a shame you’re not staying there and then threaten to write a “nice” review on FB It worked for LightintheBox for me After weeks and weeks of waiting for a refund Lo and behold they pulled their finger out when I threatened to write a damning report on FB!
    The meal was lovely I will miss the team Hopefully we’ll stay in touch A few of them want me to make cards for them We’ll see
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, sunny here today, but a stiff chilly wind.

    Sorry to hear your girls are suffering with covid, looks as masks will be back. Glad I had my booster this week, even though it did make me feel bad for a day. Hope they will be better soon, and you don’t come down with it.

    Lovely card today, must get around to making some Christmas cards, although I’m not sending as many this year, the postage is just too much.

    Sorry about your carpet cleaner, seems he was just out to make a fast buck,.

    I’m waiting for someone to come to give me an estimate to do our garden, it’s a bit like a jungle, was supposed to be around 2-30pm, no show yet.
    Have a good afternoon, Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone
    A lovely festive card 😍
    Fingers crossed Sophie and Lucy are better soon, and you and Paul don’t come down with it.
    That’s awful to hear about the carpets, even though you’re not staying there I’d still be inclined to write a review and also get him back to finish the job properly! I know you don’t need the extra stress, but for the money you paid the job should’ve been done to your satisfaction.
    Have a good evening everyone
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi everyone
    Beautiful Xmas card, love everything about it.
    Cowboys or what ? We had someone in years ago and he didn't seem to know what he was doing at all as when he left it was still soaking wet 😔. Do write to the company with a bad review, who knows, you might get something back. Wish the girls a speedy recovery and hopefully they are not feeling to bad.
    Karen, are you going somewhere to celebrate your retirement ? Enjoy putting your feet up when you feel like it.
    Sonia, have a very nice time away and hopefully the weather will be good.
    A day like yesterday really makes me a bit wobbly the next day so didn't get to do much, only moved around the summer clothes and got some jumpers out for the colder weather is on it's way either we want it or not.
    Good night my friends xxx

    ReplyDelete