Saturday 9 September 2023

Mixed Up Saturday

 


Good Saturday Morning Ladies, 

Well we are all packed up and ready to start that long journey home, the weather on our return journey is very similar to what it was when we drove down, today Millau  (our first stopover) is going to be 32° and tomorrow Orleans is going to be 35° but we won't get there until early evening so not so bad.  I'm not sure what the forecast is for Monday when we are back in the UK.

Gina


How amazing is this 'Triple Easel'  card that Gina made, such a great card for both a 9 year old and a Football fan, having the Kit and the Team badge displayed is any Football supporters dream! 

Thank you so much Gina for sharing your card with us and giving us more inspiration for this weeks challenge XXX 

Some old Shape Challenge cards

Brenda



Karen



Lilian 



Maria


Janet


Sonia



Just a few that I found while having  quick look last night (with limited Wi-Fi).  
I absolutely love the huge variety of shapes!   
I hope these give you a little bit more inspiration for Sue's Challenge xxx

Karen's Shopping 


My makes and purchases from the Farnborough Craft show
It was lovely to see other stalls selling yarn,fabric etc
I made a felted gonk
Scissors and needle holder
Free form crochet and bought some heat erasable pens, a grey Inktense pencil, a Coolkatz tool and some Woodware glue pots.
Ooh and that Anna Marie Merry Christmas die

A great haul Karen,  I'd love to see the the Coolkatz tool you bought, sounds very interesting. Absolutely love your makes too, something different to card crafting.  Thank you so much for sharing XXX

I hope that you all have a lovely weekend,  

Love and hugs to all of you,

Sandra
xxxxxx

6 comments:

  1. Love the saying and I really was trying to stop myself from buying at Farnborough I could have spent a fortune on card making, knitting yarn, fabric etc
    Thanks for the inspiration of our old cards None of which have dated
    Safe trip home xx
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi everyone
    Gina, your card is fabulous, thank you for sharing it with us 😊
    A great selection of old cards, they’re all lovely 😊
    Have a safe journey home, hope it’s not too hot xx
    Have a good evening everyone
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Karen, forgot to say, love your craft buys from Farnborough 😊 xx

      Delete
  3. Hi everyone
    Saying so true but I have a crystal art work in my basket, very tempting to press the buy button 😊
    Karen, you would have loved the NEC i went to earlier this year because it was so much knitting and crocheting stuff. How did you manage to dance in this warm weather ?
    Sandra, have a good journey home and enjoy your stop overs on the way. Everything crossed for Sophie and the others to be safe.
    Not had such a good day for my teeths are hurting because of the infection and my dad have been rushed into hospital. I'm in contact with mum and my sister is with him at A&E so is just to be waiting for news.
    I hope you all have had a nice Saturday, many hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Gina, very nice card. Never made that style before.
      Many different styles of cards we have made before, all very nice.
      Dad staying in the hospital. He will have a brain scan tomorrow or Monday.
      Have a good evening xx

      Delete
  4. Hello Sandra and everyone
    Gina, , your triple at easel card is brilliant. I have never ever seen anything like that before. Thank you for sharing it with.
    That saying is so true for us crafters.
    Lovely looking back on some of our golden oldies, thank you Sandra for taking the time and giving these card another day to showcase.
    Karen great shopping. Enjoy playing with your goodies.xx
    Sandra and Paul I hope Sophie is ok and 🀞on her way home or to a place of safety. I have had you all on my mind since I heard about the situation Sophie, Lewis and his family are in. ( hope I’ve got the correct boyfriend!!!) I hope and pray for their safe passage home. XX Also I hope that your journey is going well. Take care.
    Good night everyone, sleep well see you tomorrow.
    Love Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete