Saturday 16 September 2023

Mixed Up Saturday

 


Good Saturday Morning Ladies 

We have the busiest weekend ahead,  we are moving all the big furniture over to the new house,  so we will officially move in on Sunday!  I don't feel anywhere near ready to be honest, Im sure it will all come together though.  

What have you all got planned for this weekend?  

Gina's New Home Card

Gina has shared this gorgeous New Home card I believe its made using Sizzix dies.  I love how you have framed the focal piece with embossing,  I looks amazing Gina.  I never think of making matching envelopes,  I should as it makes such a difference. 

Thank you so much for sharing your amazing cards with us Gina XXX

Diecutting Essentials Issue 107




This month's issue of Diecutting Essentials is very festive,  there are a lot of 'Snowglobe' themed Christmas cards about this year,  the Creative Stamping Magazine has Snowglobe stamps too.



Sarah shares some lovely ideas for shaker cards using the free dies,  shaker domes and stamps.



I really love the look of these cards, they are made by adhering glitter card behind the die cut panels.  I will definitely be having a go at some of these cards.




Nicky shares some amazing ideas for some very inventive shaker cards using the 'Super Shaker' set.



I do enjoy these techniques for getting more out of your existing stash, this one shows you how to use dies you already have to create Shadow Box cards, they look amazing don't they?! 




Some great home decor ideas using the free gifts. 




This feature shares ideas for using your dies to create embossed detail on your cards.





Finally Teresa takes us through the 'Letterpress' technique, some of these cards look great, not sure how successful it would be in reality though, any of you tried this technique?

A pretty good issue, the free gifts are very usable and there are some great techniques. 

*****************

I hope that you all have a lovely weekend,

Love and hugs to all of you, 

Sandra 
xxxxxx




7 comments:

  1. Hi Sandra and all look in.
    Gina, what a lovely card. I love all of the little details you have added. And the decorated envelope is the perfect finishing touch. Anyone would be delighted to see that on their doormat xx
    Sandra, I’m thinking of you my lovely and I hope the weekend goes well xx
    I’m not sure what happened to my comment yesterday but love that Christmas card. Simple but beautiful. That blue background works perfectly doesn’t it. And I love how you put the sentiment sitting on a snowbank, a brilliant idea rather than just stamping it on the side of the card. The tree die is on my wish list as it is so versatile as Brenda pointed out. Your review today is great, thank you. There are some lovely cards and a couple of techniques I will have to try.
    Maybe that could be a “Oh, I must have a go at that technique” challenge? 🤭
    Maria, I’m glad you and R enjoyed your little break. I haven’t been to Compton Acres for over 40 years xx
    Karen, glad you enjoyed the show. I can imagine how wonderful their voices sound xx
    Lilian, I hope you are finding it easier to breath today xx
    Brenda, I have fingers crossed that you managed to get some decent sleep last night xx
    Sonia, no need to hope that you have a good day when cuddles with your gorgeous Teddy are on the agenda 🥰xx
    Janet, how are you? I hope you are ok xx
    I have a lovely day as I am spending the day with Gem. We haven’t seen much of each other for the last couple of weeks so we are going out for lunch today 🥰
    Have a good day everyone. Take care. Love Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the moving plans go well and that the weather is dry Once the big things are out of the way you’ll be able to see what’s left and will be clearer Thank you for the magazine review I might have a look out for this
    Big hugs to those having had tests/problems this week
    I’m ready to go out to daughter’s hen do! We’re off to London later to Not Tonight Josephine for a bottomless brunch and drag show! Will be different!
    Take care xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello All, we had torrential rain during the night, poor flowers in my pots took a bit of a battering.

    Sandra do hope the move goes well, I expect your well into it by now, can’t wait to see some pics of your new home,( also address, when you’re ready).

    Karen hope you enjoy your daughters hen do, sounds different.!

    Just going to finish my card for tomorrow, must admit found this challenge difficult.

    The mag review is good, looks an interesting magazine.,

    Have a good Saturday all, Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi everyone
    Good luck with the move Sandra. Hoping Sophie is feeling better.
    Thanks for the magazine review. Not sure which one I like best, the Stamping one or the Cutting magazine this time.
    Karen, have a great time. Enjoy the hen do.
    Sonia, lots of cuddles again with Teddy 🤗
    Think mojo stayed on in B.mouth, no card making done this week.
    Many hugs to you all
    Sending extra hugs to all who need some , take care. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gina, love your new home card. Love to see more from you, your cards are beautiful x

      Delete
  5. Hi everyone
    Love your card Gina, it’s beautiful and I’m sure will be greatly received ☺️
    A great magazine review, and some lovely inspiration. Thank you for sharing 😊
    Hope the move is going well, will be great when everything is in and you can get settled.
    No crafting done this week I’m afraid, I’ll look back through my photos for something I can send over.
    Hope you’re all having a lovely day
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Sandra and everyone,
    Gina love your New Home card, it’s great inspiration.
    Brilliant magazine review. Thank you.
    Sandra hope the day has gone well and you are ready to take residence in the new house tomorrow. How is Sophie feeling she has certainly had a rough time since her holiday.
    I had my endoscopy this morning and was home again by midday. Everything went well, I can’t praise the hospital staff enough, everyone went that extra mile. They were all so very caring, helpful and thoughtful. Have spent the rest of the day resting as ordered!!!
    Hope your day has been good and you enjoy the rest of your weekend. Love Brenda xxx




    ReplyDelete