Thursday 21 September 2023

Throwback Thursday

 


Good Morning Ladies,

I would like to start by wishing Our Lovely Sonia & Mark a Happy Anniversary xxx

From a very wet and wild Gloucestershire!  My goodness have we had some rain!!  So much so that we actually had a duck in our garden, well it may have been a goose,  its looked black but when light caught its feathers they looked a gorgeous deep  dark blue/green.  It appeared early on Monday morning,  was still there lunch time, we thought it had gone but when Becca came round in the evening with Benji she found it under a tree at bottom of garden, we asked landlord if it was a regular visitor, but it wasn't,  we think it may have sheltered ftom the big storm on Sunday evening,  we had a good search round but it had clearly flown away. 

The river Thames at Castle Eaton was even higher yesterday,  so no crops will survive in those adjacent fields!  

Today's card is a Throwback to 2016, 7 years ago!!!! I made it for this Sketch Challenge......

Here is Description:

YouYou could use a doilly in the centre of your card, I decided to use Creative Expressions Melbourne Die, which I used to cut some Centura Pearl card, for a little extra shimmer on my card.  The decorative papers are (as I am sure you will all know by now ) Trimcraft Floral Pavilion papers, I need to re stock, the reverse of this pretty floral paper is the pink dotty card, so it all worked really well together.  I used CE pierced flags to pop my sentiment on. The sweet little roses are Wild Orchid Crafts! could use a doilly in the centre of your card, I decided to use Creative Expressions Melbourne Die, which I used to cut some Centura Pearl card, for a little extra shimmer on my card.  The decorative papers are (as I am sure you will all know by now ) Trimcraft Floral Pavilion papers, I need to re stock, the reverse of this pretty floral paper is the pink dotty card, so it all worked really well together.  I used CE pierced flags to pop my sentiment on. The sweet little roses are Wild Orchid Crafts!


I hope that you all have a brighter day, 

Love & hugs to all of you, 

Sandra                                                                     xxxxxx







5 comments:

  1. Such a pretty card - maybe do a sketch challenge when you’ve settled in for a change
    I got absolutely soaked yesterday coming home from dentist I’d begrudged having to wear a coat in the first place Beautiful sunshine this morning
    My friend Kat came over yesterday evening She needed help with a couple of cards So it was quite nice crafting in company for a change
    I need to crack on with some rectangle cutting on ScanNCut this afternoon A friend needs 100 to 150 specifically sized rectangles and my guillotine skills aren’t great!
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sandra and all looking in. I like the sketch card, very pretty but I don’t see your card. As Karen said we could have that as a challenge and a Tic tac toe for one too for a change. It certainly was a wet one yesterday wasn’t it! Shame in a way that your animal guest didn’t stay. Animals are usually quite smart at finding a safe place to rest and wait out bad weather aren’t they. I’m glad the move is slowly coming together. See you later my lovely xx
    We have a lovely blue sky here today. Such a nice change 🥰 Sending hugs. Take care. Love Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone
    Thank you for your anniversary wishes xx
    Love your card, the die and pretty papers are beautiful
    It absolutely hammered it down here yesterday evening, our road was flooded but fortunately soon cleared. Barney was back outside in the garden when the rain stopped, looking for the frog! He didn’t find it 😅
    Hope you’re all having a good day
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello All, yes we had rain as well yesterday and today. We have velux windows upstairs, which we open first thing in the morning, trouble is I forget to shut them when the rain comes, only when I see a puddle of rain on the floor do I remember to shut them.

    Sandra love you pretty card, surprising how card styles have changed.
    Sonia and Mark happy anniversary, have a lovely day.

    Still feeling a bit under the weather, bad back and knee.
    Hope to do some crafting tomorrow, Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Sandra and everyone,
    Lovely throwback card Sandra, love the pretty papers you have used. Thanks you so much for sharing it with us.
    Happy Anniversary Sonia and Mark enjoy your special day. xxx
    Lilian sorry to hear that you are still feeling under the weather. I hope that heavy cloud lifts very soon and you will hopefully get some relief from all the pain you are in. Take care xxx
    Sending hugs to you all, Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete