Friday 8 September 2023

Another Tim Holtz tree Card

 



Good Friday Morning Ladies, 

Today is our last full day here, we are planning to have another beach day, hoping the sea was as calm as yesterday as it was lovely to be able to get in the sea,  for me there is nothing more calming than laying there listening to the sea, it was so clear too, you could see loads of fish around your feet,  feeding on the bits that come out of sea bed as you disturb it with your feet, there are some huge fish a little further out, Paul was pointing to one yesterday morning,  he said it was longer than his forearm!!  I'm afraid that would make me want to get out, I always think that if there are fish that big there will be even bigger ones hunting for them!!! 

Soph landed in Morocco last night, she has gone with Lewis's family for a week,  Paul and I went when the kids were younger, pre -2019 as I could still get about!  It was nice, our hotel was lovely etc  but the level of begging was awful, they even let people come up to you to beg in restaurants,  it happened to us a couple of times,  one woman was carrying a baby to try and persuade you to give her cash !  In the Market in Marrakech it was a nightmare for people trying to push you to buy stuff, to the point of being intimidating!!  So I prewarned Sophie to ignore them all and maybe give to a charity that helps those in genuine need,  the guides did tell us to ignore them all as they were 'professional beggars"  and made more money than most hardworking men & women!  

Today's card is another card using Tim Holtz Christmas tree dies, this time I used the alcohol ink background behind the embossed snowfall layer, then I die cut the tree and sentiment and used Tim Holtz Embossing Glaze (coloured embossing powders), 2 layers I think, heat setting and adding another layer straight away. I mounted the die cut trees inside the aperture I cut out of the embossed white layer with the same die.  Its hard to capture the shimmer and shine on photos. 

I hope that you all have a lovely Friday,

Love and hugs to all of you, 

Sandra                                                                    xxxxxx 


5 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I have that tree die I must use it and I bought that sentiment die last Sunday So thank you for the inspiration
    Enjoy your last day relaxing at the beach and hope Sophie enjoys Morocco I couldn’t bear all that begging It sets me on edge It would be too hot for me too
    The art exhibition we went to was interesting Art is so personal isn’t it Found one piece that would have been perfect for our decor but as we haven’t put the other pieces we have back on the wall after decorating during lockdown, it wasn’t worth buying it
    Out dancing tonight! I hope it’s cooled down by then!
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, very hot here again today, although woke up to thick fog, which has burnt off now.

    Love your card, I also have those tree dies, so thanks for the inspiration. At the moment my craft mojo seems to have left me.
    Used to love making cards, all the new stamp used to really get me going.

    Enjoy your last day of your holiday, don’t think I could do with fish around my feet. Not that I go to the beach anymore, too crowded.

    Have a good weekend, we have daughter and her hubby coming, really looking forward to them being here. Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone
    Love your card and the tree die is lovely 😊
    Hope you’ve enjoyed your last full day and it’s been relaxing.
    I hope Sophie has a lovely time in Morocco 😊
    Karen, hope it’s not too hot dancing tonight.
    Maria, I hope your tooth isnt as painful today, and the visit to the dentist went well.
    Lilian, have a lovely weekend with your daughter and her hubby.
    Brenda, Sue and Janet hope you’re all ok too.
    Have a good weekend everyone
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi everyone
    Lovely card Sandra, beautiful tree.
    Have a good day and safe journey home. Hope Sophie have a great time in Marocco.
    It was very hot again but managed to sit outside for a bit. The dantist visit was ok, she gave me some antibiotics for a infection. If that doesn't work I might have to have some teeth out but it is a very costly affair.
    I hope you all have a good weekend, Lilian enjoy having your family around and Sonia I'm sure you will have a lot of cuddles with Teddy 😊.
    Lots of hugs to you all, Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Sandra and everyone,
    Lovely Christmas tree card, the trees look great on the snowflake background.
    Hope Sophie enjoys her holiday in Morocco and she takes heed of your advice. Rome is very similar you really have to hold on tightly to your belongings.
    Another hot day here I haven’t done very much.
    Enjoy your Friday evening and the rest of your weekend.
    Love Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete