Monday 25 September 2023

Smooshed Background card

 



Good Monday Morning Ladies,

This weekend just disappeared,  pretty much the only thing I saw was carpet,  walls, windows and cleaning products!!  My fingers are sore!  

Have any of you heard of Nancy Birtwistle?  I started following her on Instagram a while ago, she was a Bake Off winner back in the days of Mary Berry,  now she promotes 'Green Cleaning '  she has some amazing hacks, I used her method to clean the oven and Aga, it was basically Bicarbonate of Soda and water,  but worked a treat!  I have made up her Pure Magic and All purpose cleaner, the cream cleaner removes marks off walls like magic. So pretty much the whole house has been cleaned 'green' !!

Todays card started out with the 'smooshed' background, I think they might be Distress Inks (not Oxide).  I used the Meadow Stamp that I have used on a couple of times recently, this time I stamped it in VersaMark and added White Embossing powder and heat set. I mounted it on pink card to pick out the pick in the picked Raspberry in the background.  I finished with a simple stamped sentiment. 

I hope that you all have a great atart to the week,

Love and hugs to all of you, 

Sandra                                                                    xxxxxx 



7 comments:

  1. That’s a lovely card SANDRA I have a huge tub of white embossing powder and never think to use it - note to self!
    I will take a look at this lady on Instagram I have tried “green” hacks in the past and they’ve never seemed to work very well but I’m always keen to try
    Well ladies, this is my last week of working which feels strange but I am so looking forward to “retirement” The job I was doing has changed vastly and I’m not enjoying it as much for various reasons I will do some sort of voluntary work somewhere eg school or admin of some sort
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi everyone
    Love everything about your card, it’s beautiful 😍
    Karen, hope your last week goes well….and wishing you a happy retirement 😊 xx
    Sandra, hope you’re having a relaxing day today ☺️
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, a bright day with a little bit of sunshine, managed to get the washing dried out side, so much better.
    Sandra hope you are ok after all that cleaning.
    Love todays card, the bright background is really lovely.

    Sorry I missed yesterday, the day just seemed to pass me by. Love all the cards.

    Happy Retirement Karen, hope you enjoy your break from the work.
    It takes time to adjust, at least it did me, missed the routine.

    Hugs to all Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi everyone
      Beautiful card, love the smooshed background. Hope you are alright after all the cleaning.
      Happy retirement news Karen 😀. Have a good last week at work.
      Sue, hoping you are alright.
      I have just taken it easy. Not easy to move around 😕. How's your back Lilian ? Take care.
      Many hugs to you all, xx

      Delete
    2. Hello Sandra and everyone
      Beautiful card Sandra, love the smooshed background, the white embossing sits beautifully on top of it. I have never to used white embossing in this way, thank you for sharing this with us.
      I hope you haven’t been overdoing all that cleaning, be kind to yourself and just do what you can.
      Karen wishing you a very happy retirement. I was surprised after I retired, I was so busy couldn’t work out how I’d had time to go to work!!!
      Sending caring hugs and thoughts to you all, Brenda xxx

      Delete
  5. Hi Sandra and all looking in. What a very pretty card. I love the colours and the white embossing looks much softer than black doesn’t it. I hope you manage to get some sleep my lovely. See you in the morning xx
    Karen, it must feel strange knowing that this time next week you will be a retired lady of leisure…..or not. Like Brenda Mum was always busy doing some sort of hobby. It sounds like you are going to be like them with some volunteering which is always needed xx
    Maria and Lilian, I hope you both feel a bit better each day but whatever just be kind to yourselves please xx
    Janet, how are you and Jim getting on? It is getting chilly in the evenings isn’t it xx
    Sonia, how is Barney getting on? Is he a little less bouncy now? And had he met Teddy yet? I guess Teddy is growing fast and starting to do more each day xx
    I’ve had a busy but constructive cleaning day. Sleep well everyone. Take care. Love Sue xx

    ReplyDelete