Wednesday 9 August 2023

Tim Holtz Floral Trims card





Good Morning Ladies,

Another wet and rainy August day here yesterday,  we didn't have much planned,  the girls and I had hair appointments at lunch time, with all of us having colour we didn't get home until 3pm, that was the day almost over, I crafted for a couple hours and then we had dinner and went to new house, so Paul could get boxes up the loft. 

Today's card I started at the weekend,  I stamped one of Tim Holtz new Floral Trims stamps and coloured it in using the new Distress Watercolour pencils, they are lovely to work with, the bonus being that they match with all of the Distress Ink colours.  The blend nicely, I would definitely emboss my stamped outline next time though, as the pencils dry with a matt finish and it was obvious where I went over the stamped outline.  I stamped and embossed the sentiment and it was so much easier to colour.  To cover where the pencil had dulled some of the black outline on the flowers I swished over with a clear sparkle pen, It bought the colours back to life.  I matted both pieces onto black card and put both onto a 5 x 5 card base.

I hope that you all have a wonderful Wednesday,  

Love and hugs to all of you,

Sandra                                                                    xxxxxx 


5 comments:

  1. Hello Sandra and everyone,
    Like the new Tim Holtz Floral Trims stamps, this stamp could work so well for almost every occasion, love your choice of colours they really give off a lovely glow.
    I’m sure you will be glad when all of your home has been moved to the new house and you can say goodbye to Manor Lodge. I hope the cats quickly get used to their new home, I’m sure they will as long as the family are around.
    Not doing a great deal today we have got two machine loads of washing hanging out on the line. I have supervised that - well loaded and unloaded the machine the rest is in Johns capable hands. Like you I love the lovely fresh air smell on the sheets when they have been dried outside.
    Sending best wishes to everyone, take care, love Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi everyone
    Love your card, the stamps and colours are beautiful 😍
    A much nicer day here today weather wise, the sun has made an appearance and we have blue skies. It was quite misty first thing, feeling more like a November morning.
    Hope you’re all having a good day whatever you’re doing
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sandra and all looking in. A beautiful card. It’s good to have your thoughts on the new watercolour pencils. Your colouring looks great. Definitely a bonus that they match the ink colours. I can’t wait to get to see your new home. Thank goodness you are getting more and more moved over. I hope you aren’t feeling too bad now my lovely xx
    I’m not feeling my best, think I picked up a bug from Pop with bad headaches/ migraines so no using screens of course.
    Sending hugs to you all. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello all, grey and misty all day, now the fog is rolling back in.

    Sandra love your cards today, I am really hooked on those new stamps, have be really firm with myself not to use them all the time.
    You are really good with the new pencils.

    Hope you are ok, and had a good day, hope Sue you’re feeling better. Hugs to all Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi everyone
    Beautiful card Sandra. Love the colours you have used.
    Hope you are ok Sue, get better soon.
    Sorry being late but had SIL here today. It was one of those days when you wished they hadn't bothered coming up. I felt rather flat after they gone home. Tomorrow weather permitting I will strip the bedding and hang it outside with towels. Noticed today tho on our patio it was loads of flying ants, can't stand them.
    Hope you all managed to do what you wanted today and had a nice day.
    Sleep well. Many hugs to you all, Maria xx

    ReplyDelete