Friday 25 August 2023

Something Festive for Friday

 



Good Friday Morning Ladies, 

It barely feels like we have been here for 48 hours let alone 5 days !  The girls flight kept getting delayed last night so we ended up having to cancel our dinner reservation at their favourite restaurant, we will rebook it for my birthday on Monday.  We ended spending the day 'in limbo' as the arrival time kept changing,  as it turned out we could have spent the whole day at the ⛱️ beach.  Although this morning there was a strange sea mist, it just blows in, shrouding the beach and sea in what looks like dense mist/fog, after an hour or so the whole thing dissappears!  Its very eary !! 

Today's card is one a made a few weeks ago, I had made some backgrounds with different shades of green and gold alcohol inks,  I used part of the background to die cut the Tim Holtz tree and the sentiment, I embossed the background with a snowfall embossing folder,  I wanted to keep the card clean ans simple in style, I added the sentiment with a gold drop shadow to make it stand out more. It is so hard to capture the gold in the tree and sentiment in a photograph but it's definitely there.

I hope that you all have an amazing weekend,  what are your plans ?? 

Sending my love to all of you,  

Sandra
xxxxxx

4 comments:

  1. Love the card I have that tree die set They make a real statement, a really effective card
    Where’s that sentiment I love its funky style
    We have quite a busy weekend- dancing tonight, bowls tomorrow afternoon, Sunday a bit of a birthday celebration for our soon to be son in law and in between a bit of housework in preparation for the boys staying next week!
    Crafting is definitely taking a back burner I don’t even crochet much in the evening these days
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi
    Great card, I like that tree 🌲
    Shame the girls flight was delayed so you missed dinner but it be something to look forward to on Monday 😊
    Nothing planned for this weekend. Like to get a card together, one I made today went in the bin. Might start a new Crystal art, have quite a few in a draw but still found one today that I like 🤭 won't tell OH 😊
    I hope you are all alright and had a good day whatever you were doing today. Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Sandra and everyone,
    Love today’s card, that tree die is great, it makes a great statement. You have created a beautiful card with this timeless die. Thank you for your inspiration.
    You must have all been exhausted waiting for the girls flight to arrive. Pleased you have managed to rearrange your family meal.
    Hope everyone has had a good day. Take care and stay safe.
    Love Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi everyone
    I could’ve sworn I left a comment this morning, but it’s disappeared. Probably just me going barmy!
    Anyway I love your card, the tree looks lovely cut from the inked background.
    I hope you’re having a lovely time with the girls 😊
    Hope everyone has had a good day.
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete