Sunday 6 August 2023

Our Background Challenge cards

 




Good Sunday Morning Ladies, 

What a wet and wild day we had yesterday,  Paul changed his t shirt 3 times as he got soaked !!  I only managed 1 trip as getting in and out of the van was a challenge.  I stayed back and sorted through boxes he had fetched down from the loft, lets just say that 80% of the stuff he bought down today is in a pile for the tip!  Ooh it feels good to let things go!  On the run I did do, while Paul was unloading I sorted through a load of boxes and again put a car load full to one side for taking to the tip or Charity shop. Matt is coming over to help Paul tomorrow so hopefully that means they will get more done.

Let's have a look at what you have been making, hopefully you have used up some of your backgrounds! 

Your Challenge Cards 

Lilian 


Lilian's Description:

Hi this is my card for this week.
Both I have had fora while, not sure where the foxgloves came from,a digi stamp I think, the paper was in those from StampinUp.

Your foxgloves look so real Lilian,  your painting is so incredible, love the bees too!  It looks as though you have stumbled upon the foxgloves on a country walk. 
Thank you so much for taking part in the Challenge XXX 

Karen 



Karen's Description:

How are you
Here’s a card using an old Sue W Fire and Ice technique I will add a small sentiment when I need it. 
Really can’t get the sparkle to photograph.  
With a GUMMIAPAN die cut

Oh Karen that background is amazing, so many different colours, its like a Kaleidoscope, so lovely! 
I love that Gummiapan die too, I also like that your corners are rounded.  
Thank you so much for taking part XXX 


Sonia





Sonia's Description:

Card 1 :  This was a sprayed background through a Lavinia stencil, using a mica spray. I stamped and heat embossed the AALL and Create stamp and added the butterfly.

Card 2:  I did this background ages ago as an experiment of adding gilding flakes to the paste through a Memory Box stencil. I had a piece of card which I’d specifically added gilding flakes to and cut the butterfly from that. The sentiment is from a Tracey Hey patterned paper.


Card 3:  Inspired by Chrissie Stokes. I die cut the corner with a Memory Box stencil and adhered it to a piece of my gilding flakes background card. I die cut the Gummiapan dragonfly from the piece of card and added the My Favourite Things sentiment.

Wow Sonia,  some incredible backgrounds 😍!   
3 amazing cards, all very different,  you certainly have a flare for gilding flakes both of your Gilded cards are stunning.  
That Gummiapan Dragonfly is definitely going to become a favourite!
Thank you so much for 3 amazing Challenge cards XXX 


Sue's Description:
Finally used one of my backgrounds using the Inkylicious By the Sea - Waves stamp set. I am still deciding how to frame it so just popped a white border around it for now xx

Peace is the perfect sentiment for that scene, I have spent many an hour sitting watching the waves enjoying the peace, the waves are so calming!  I love your background Sue, your blend of blues has really worked for the sea & sky.
Thank you so much for taking part in the Challenge XXX 



***************

Thank you so much Ladies, I really do appreciate every second that you give to supporting the challenge and the blog ❤

I hope that you all have a lovely Sunday, 

Love & Hugs to all of you,

Sandra
xxxxxx 




6 comments:

  1. Morning Everyone
    .
    from a grey and windy Marigny.
    We have had quite a lot of unseasonal weather over the last couple of weeks but it has helped us sorting out rooms etc.
    We had the all clear from the 'diagnostic. The check on just about everything from the ground up eg power/electric water fosse even down to checking if we had lead in the paint on the window frames.
    The house went on the market on Friday afternoon. We received a copy of Ithe Advert. I cannot explain how it felt.

    Love all today's cards. Sorry I cannot take part. I spent all day yesterday sorting out my craft cupboard!!!!
    Hugs to you all. Take care and stay safe.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic cards ladies
    I cannot imagine how it feels Janet Take care and maybe look forward to finding your little bit of Marigney in the UK
    We have sunshine (at the moment) but no plans I need to make a card So I hope to “play” later
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete

  3. Hi Sandra and all looking in today. What beautiful challenge cards. It’s always so interesting seeing the mix of different techniques from you all. Always inspiring me to try new ideas or revisit older ones that I had forgotten about.
    Sandra, I hope Paul doesn’t need to change his top today as it’s meant to be dry today isn’t it. I can imagine how pleased you are with filling more tip or charity shop box’s. Take it steady my lovely xx
    I’m hoping to finish off my stamp storage today. Then I will need to have a swap around on my craft desk/shelves to home the new stamp storage box. Have a good one everyone. Sending hugs. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi everyone
    Wonderful background cards x Like the idea Sonia to mix the gilding flakes with

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. paste, it wouldn't fly around at least.
      Sue, love to see your storage units when finished. I'm putting mine into a pile pr boxes right now for Son to come home in October to clear out his things so I can at last get mine crafting room.
      Sandra , hopefully the rain stays away today so Paul doesn't have to change his tee-shirt so often. It will getting better next week, fingers crossed.
      Son, his girlfriend and her mum has got covid and they have +40c today bless them. They are not too but it is too hot to feel right. Wished it was warmer here.
      Understand how you must be feeling Janet. Enjoy and do the best of the time you have left in Marigny.
      I have a couple of cards on the go but couldn't get them finished, sorry Sandra. Need to clear a space first and then hoping to be crafting tomorrow but using a pair of old glasses so the eyesight is a bit all over the place
      Have a lovely day everyone. Many hugs to you all xx

      Delete
  5. Hi everyone
    A lovely selection of beautiful cards.
    Hope the moving is still going well, and at least it’s better weather today, so hopefully Paul won’t need to keep changing.
    Janet, it must be heartbreaking now that Marigny is on the market. Treasure all those happy memories you have.
    Hope everyone is having a good day
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete